Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Hastur

Re: Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Post by Hastur » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:22 am

DBTrek wrote:I could only afford the Dawn of War PC games in my youth, but I loved those Warhammer games. Never had the table space or resources to sink into the miniatures tho. Did a little Battletexh instead ... since one or two mech miniatures is infinitely more affordable than seventy bajillion space elves.
Battletech is a much better game than Warhammer. FASA made a truly genius game system there. Their lore is better as well. The novels by Michael Stackpole are the best game world novels I’ve read. FASA was first with the 360 approach to a game world with strategy game, tactical game, RPG, novels and computer games. The international gamer community was great as well. I remember the first time I was at the Battletech center at south pier in Chicago. That place was way ahead of it’s time. We were FASAs Scandinavian distributer so we were treated to an exclusive session when we visited. Good times.

I have loads of stuff in the cellar. Should bring it up and show the kids some day.

The mech miniatures from Ral Parthia wasn’t as well made as the stuff from Citadel though.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:02 pm

I just found the 40k general on 4chan

http://boards.4chan.org/tg/thread/59107470

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Ral Partha/Grenadier AD&D Figurines from the 70's/80's. Time to break out the paint!

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:20 pm

Ex/Am Presents: Political Science Theater 40K #13: Loremaster, Where Do Space Marines Come From?

https://therightstuff.biz/2018/01/18/ex ... come-from/

Emperor's Blessing, honored servants. Roscoe and I decided to try something new and do a more laid back episode this time, talking about the Space Marine Augmentation process and some examples of how even Space Marines can end up subject to mutation, given the right circumstances. We kinda devolve into Fabius-posting at the end, but we hope you enjoy something a bit less structured and a bit more conversational than usual!

Break and outro provided by Sword and Bolter

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 pm

I think I'm going to take up archery again. Going to get a traditional bow and some trad arrows with Turkey feathers. Maybe find an archery club to join.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:43 pm

Was thinking about doing it too. Lots of turkeys around here too.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Was thinking about doing it too. Lots of turkeys around here too.
Let's do it fam.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:49 pm

I just need a new bowstring, really.

You can get targets at Wallyworld pretty cheap too.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:53 pm

If you have a property you can set up hay bales.i prefer those myself. The targets at Walmart work fine too.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:02 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:If you have a property you can set up hay bales.i prefer those myself. The targets at Walmart work fine too.

I live in a condominium community, but fuck it. The cops will just drive by and eventually tell me to take into the forest.