The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

TheReal_ND

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:22 pm

MilSpecs

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I'm sure modern dentistry, beta blockers, heart surgery, and the rest, have had no effect on extending life.
The only real life extensions have been in the 80 to 90 range. It's a far cry from 40 to 90. Seriously, if you don't understand the significance of infant mortality, and the reason why averages paint a very unrealistic picture, just bow the fuck out.
If you don't understand that the extra decade of 80-90 is exactly the difficult and expensive decade coinciding with trying to take care of the younger generations education that Mil is talking about, then stop talking about infant mortality, since it isn't the fucking point super star.
To add to your observations, it's not young, healthy people caring for the elderly. It's the middle aged, with our own health issues. I've seen women with mastectomies in a panic about how they're going to care for their parents when they can't lift anything or get their bandages wet.
:royalty-queen:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:04 pm

Maybe deciding to have children instead of cats would have been the wiser choice.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:11 pm

DrYouth wrote:Let's face it we have become incapable of taking care of one another.
We have delegated care out...
Perhaps the nobility started it with their nannies and wet nurses.
The emerging middle class wanted to be nobility and tried their best to follow suit.

Then we industrialized childcare - daycares and "factory" schooling.
The brits took this to the extreme with "boarding schools", which we then used to "civilize" the natives as we "civilized" ourselves.
The natural extension on the other end was to industrialize elder care.

This has diluted the social fabric to the breaking point.

How to role this back?

It's not gonna be easy to stitch this shit back together. Quilting comes to mind.
Bring back the white tribe say the ethnic nationalists... we can trust each other.
Liberals seem blind to the problem entirely.
I don't see the problem in elder care as industrialization of the tasks involved. They are medical issues due to advanced age that is sustained by medication and medical interventions. That kind of medical care has always taken place in a medical setting such as a nursing home. Assisted living in the home is for those who aren't incapacitated. We now classify elderly incapacitated as needing assisted living when it's far beyond the family to provide fulltime medical care.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Nukedog wrote:Maybe deciding to have children instead of cats would have been the wiser choice.
So the grandchildren can care for the grandparents? I don't see many jobs where people can stay home and care for grandma everyday. Employers frown on not showing up to work.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:16 pm

More excuses for why upper middle class people can't do what the rest of the world does.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:23 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Nukedog wrote:Maybe deciding to have children instead of cats would have been the wiser choice.
So the grandchildren can care for the grandparents? I don't see many jobs where people can stay home and care for grandma everyday. Employers frown on not showing up to work.
Ideally I would think if people lived closer to their families it could work out but most Americans are rootless cosmopolitans chasing the American dream. My family no different. I would gladly take care of my grandfolk if they were within five state lines of me though. I guess there is the humiliation aspect of it, I mean I wouldn't want my grandson to clean my ass.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:More excuses for why upper middle class people can't do what the rest of the world does.
Withhold modern medical care and let the elderly die. No thanks.

You are hugely divorced from reality. What do you think care of the elderly consists of?

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Nukedog wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Ideally I would think if people lived closer to their families it could work out but most Americans are rootless cosmopolitans chasing the American dream. My family no different. I would gladly take care of my grandfolk if they were within five state lines of me though. I guess there is the humiliation aspect of it, I mean I wouldn't want my grandson to clean my ass.
Define "Take care of."

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:29 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:More excuses for why upper middle class people can't do what the rest of the world does.
Withhold modern medical care and let the elderly die. No thanks.

You are hugely divorced from reality. What do you think care of the elderly consists of?
In selfish shitlib world, taking care of your elders means withholding care.

Like I said, just bullshit excuses.

Putting your family in a home is the more expensive option, you don't do it to save money. You do it to make them someone else's problem.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751