The Chapel

Ex-California

Re: The Chapel

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:37 am

TheReal_ND wrote:You'd love the Church now. Very progressive. Why, my local Church is packed with so much diversity from literally all over the world it's quite astonishing. I was I think one of the few white people there. Felt vibrant AF. The clothing, the mannerisms, the languages. Just enriching.
My parents' parish is majority Filipino with Nigerian priests and a sparkling of all the other assorted races.

My parents are both lectors and my dad is in the KoC and has made all kinds of Filipino friends. He even bought one of their ceremonial filipino shirts for some big function they had
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:45 am

DrYouth wrote:That's awesome stuff Okee!

I was raised Roman Catholic...
and I still have a soft spot for the ritual of the mass, the vestments, the choir, the incense.

Sadly my wife broke with the Church... and my own practice lapsed in my teens. We were married in the Church but my wife had no appetite for returning to it after we moved out west.

We celebrate Christmas informally, but have no church that we belong to and I guess still yearn for a congregation at some weird level.

Anyways - on that note:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I confess that I really do miss the ritual and 'community' feeling of religion. That's a very valuable thing in such a disconnected world.

I'm really, really hoping this thing starts to take off.

https://www.sundayassembly.com/

It's basically church without the religion. Something I'm very much longing for, and I think a lot of people could benefit from.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:49 am

AndrewBennett wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:You'd love the Church now. Very progressive. Why, my local Church is packed with so much diversity from literally all over the world it's quite astonishing. I was I think one of the few white people there. Felt vibrant AF. The clothing, the mannerisms, the languages. Just enriching.
My parents' parish is majority Filipino with Nigerian priests and a sparkling of all the other assorted races.

My parents are both lectors and my dad is in the KoC and has made all kinds of Filipino friends. He even bought one of their ceremonial filipino shirts for some big function they had
As a Christian I approve this. We are all God's children and Africans are like baby Jesus just trying to get a roof to sleep under.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:57 pm

I went to Mass tonight for the first time in a few years. Felt good. Maybe there is something to this stuff
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Just got home from Midnight Mass. That's the best time for Christmas mass.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:29 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
That dude is speaking truth.

Amen Slomo, Amen!

:clap:
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:16 am

Would this guy qualify as a Christian mystic?

He seems to have a sense of Christ and the Kingdom of Heaven.

Any Christian Theists want to comment on this?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:05 am

DrYouth wrote:Would this guy qualify as a Christian mystic?

I consider that man to be a mystic indeed. It's very similar to Eastern religious thought, as well. I believe you are seeing a fellow Dudeist in that video.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:08 am

DrYouth wrote:Would this guy qualify as a Christian mystic?

A Gnostic mystic, maybe.