NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:02 pm

St. Louis, Nashville and Toronto all get A+ Draft Grades for the first round.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Was a no brainer for the Leafs, desperately need high skill RHD prospect, oh, hello, thank you very much. Babs will train him up, now they have Dermott left-Liljegren right, top four D pairing of the future.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:09 pm

I like Kailer Yamamoto at 23rd too, he should fit in nicely on the Oilers, not sure why they passed on Klim Kostin and Eeli Tolvanen to take him though, but aside from that, plenty of value with that late first rounder as well.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 pm

StCapps wrote:I like Kailer Yamamoto at 23rd too, he should fit in nicely on the Oilers, not sure why they passed on Kostin and Tolvanen to take him though.
Yamamoto, yeah, good pick, but with Marner, Nylander, Brown, Kapanen, Bracco, and Grundstrom, wouldn't make sense for the Leafs, we're drowning in high skill wingers, while not even one RHD top prospect, and you know how Babs likes it to be L-R up and down the pairings, Liljegren; perfect compliment to Dermott.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:16 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:I like Kailer Yamamoto at 23rd too, he should fit in nicely on the Oilers, not sure why they passed on Kostin and Tolvanen to take him though.
Yamamoto, yeah, good pick, but with Marner, Nylander, Brown, Kapanen, Bracco, and Grundstrom, wouldn't make sense for the Leafs, we're drowning in high skill wingers, while not even one RHD top prospect, and you know how Babs likes it to be L-R up and down the pairings, Liljegren; perfect compliment to Dermott.
I drafted Liljegren in that Leafs franchise mode in NHL 17, a couple of weeks before they did in real life, I shit you not. I think the hockey gods were watching or something. Had to trade up to five, to get him in the video game though. Also drafted Vilardi at the 10th pick, eerily close on that to real life as well, but in the video game Vilardi actually develops into a guy who can skate, real fast too, oh the irony.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:21 pm

I was thinking it could be Cal Foote, but then I was thinking "not coming anytime soon, can't skate, too slow", but Liljegren is Nylander like, and Dermott is fast tracking, I'm thnking they're only a couple years away actually.

The way the League is now, the style that the Leafs play, Liljegren same as Nylander, back to Sweden for another year, then Marlies, then the year after on the Leafs.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:I was thinking it could be Cal Foote, but then I was thinking "not coming anytime soon, can't skate, too slow", but Liljegren is Nylander like, and Dermott is fast tracking, I'm thnking they're only a couple years away actually.
The Leafs are coming along nicely, plenty to be excited about, especially after a first round that went that well for you.
*yip*

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Oh shit David Poile is talking to Duchene agent, who is talking to Sakic post-draft. Dante Fabbro and a sweetner maybe? Perhaps I shat on Sakic too soon, nah he'll just sit on his hands or ask for way too much for Duchene, as usual. Not going to hold my breath, plus he fucked up but not moving up to pick at the end of the first.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:29 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:I was thinking it could be Cal Foote, but then I was thinking "not coming anytime soon, can't skate, too slow", but Liljegren is Nylander like, and Dermott is fast tracking, I'm thnking they're only a couple years away actually.
The Leafs are coming along nicely, plenty to be excited about, especially after a first round that went that well for you.
Well, it's just nice to see it done right for a change, you know how it is for Leaf fans, we knew what had to be done, but MLSE just wouldn't get with the program, but funny thing is, Rogers and Bell have ended up being the best owners of all, because they've been the first Leafs owners ever, to just turn it over to the professionals and otherwise leave it alone. Disinterested corporate ownership FTW.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Darren Dreger can be a chump sometimes, but god I hope he's on to something this time. Come on Nashville, lets make a deal, Duchene would love it there, you need a center, have young defensive depth, lets fucking go.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*