The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Okeefenokee

Re: The Official Martin Hash Video Game Thread

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:26 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

skankhunt42

Post by skankhunt42 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:Got a Dreamcast for Xmas :P with SA1 and SA2......let the good times roll......
Go get you a copy of Shenmue, son. Allow yourself to become immersed in the world it builds, and enjoy.
Man...Couldn't agree more. I'm still patiently waiting for Shenmue 3!!!
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:42 am

skankhunt42 wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
Zlaxer wrote:Got a Dreamcast for Xmas :P with SA1 and SA2......let the good times roll......
Go get you a copy of Shenmue, son. Allow yourself to become immersed in the world it builds, and enjoy.
Man...Couldn't agree more. I'm still patiently waiting for Shenmue 3!!!
Tell me about that day.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:09 pm

What about Paradox's space strategy game Stellaris?

We could play a game like that.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:21 pm

Too bad you guys don't play Crusader Kings II. Get all the DLCs. The game is absolutely huge now. This game easily has many years worth of gameplay left in it.

It would be absolutely awesome if they added Mesoamerica and Andean civilizations and provided the option to do the Sunset Invasion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:What about Paradox's space strategy game Stellaris?

We could play a game like that.
It was severely lacking content before, but I haven't played since the big update.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:15 pm

There is this one too:

It's a space survival game we could play as a group, trying to build a colony and so forth.

Penner

Post by Penner » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:41 pm

I just bought the Kerbal Space Program and it is fun as shit but it seems that once my rockets are in space, I lose all control over them. As reentry is a bitch. I have already lost three of my astronauts.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Penner wrote:I just bought the Kerbal Space Program and it is fun as shit but it seems that once my rockets are in space, I lose all control over them. As reentry is a bitch. I have already lost three of my astronauts.

(1) You probably ran out of electricity. You need to unlock the technology to put batteries on your ships so they last longer. Eventually you will unlock solar panels that will generate power.

(2) When you reenter, you want to do so at an extremely shallow angle. Early in the game, you lack heat shielding. Going far from low orbit is going to be a trick for reentry. The best approach is to dip your periapsis to just inside the upper atmosphere (somewhere in the mid 60k altitude range). Then let the drag slow your ship down. You might have to make a few orbits while your apopapsis dips down towards the atmosphere. But when you fall, you need to slow down significantly before reaching the mid atmosphere when you have no heat shields.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:00 pm

Once you start hitting a certain ceiling on your launches, you need to pitch to the east as you ascend on take-off. Shooting straight up in the air isn't the way to reach orbit, nor how to descend.

Some stuff to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d74m3qT ... -Lq5ZIKI75

Oh yeah, these videos are a little old. Buncha stuff has been added, like comms.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751