NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:PK has all the skills, he just doesn't apply them, because unlike Iginla, PK is immature and insecure apparently, and when it is as pathological as PK is, it starts to wear on everybody in a tight knit unit like an NHL hockey team, which is why, for all his skills, PK ends up being PK Gardiner Subban the Clown, and at $9 million, you're just like "OMFG already with this guy, we gotta get rid of this cancer before the NTC kicks in, what? Weber is available? Done and Done, we'll just have to worry about the cap hit later, anything is better than PK at this point", it just tells you how desperate they were to surgically remove the PK cancer from the room.
It tells me that Montreal is run by a bunch of clowns, not that PK's clown act is actually locker room cancer, it's just a lame justification for their own incompetence. PK didnt win them a Cup so they turned on him, they'll turn on Carey Price when he bails on that clownshow as well because he couldn't carry them to Cup singlehandedly either and he actually wants to win one before his career is over. But in that case you won't go claiming it's because Price is some kind of locker room cancer, and yet the Montreal management, media and fans will find some other convenient reason to blame Carey Price for their clubs incompetence.

Seriously Smitty you don't actually buy that Habs propaganda do you?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Price is not the cancer, he's the leader of the team, you can't actually get more quiet professional than Price, and Price was trying to make it work with PK because Price wants it to work, but PK just wouldn't put in the work, and he wouldn't just STFU for even five seconds neither, until in the end, even though they were "low fives buddies", even Price was like "yeah, PK's gotta go, sorry to have to say it, but there it is, once the NTC kicks in, were stuck with him forever, so do it now, before its too late".
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:16 pm

StCapps wrote:Seriously Smitty you don't actually buy that Habs propaganda do you?

There is no Habs, there's only Price, anything that happens or doesn't happen on that team, that's Carey Price, he's the Lebron of the Habs, the real GM that is.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:19 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Seriously Smitty you don't actually buy that Habs propaganda do you?

There is no Habs, there's only Price, anything that happens or doesn't happen on that team, that's Carey Price, he's the Lebron of the Habs, the real GM that is.
Well then he shot himself in the foot, because now his team traded all their prospects and their young defensive talent to win now, and they aren't going to win now, and once he realizes it, GM Carey is going to demand a trade or he won't resign in Montreal. If his goal was to win with the Habs, he basically torpedoed that possibility by getting that "win-now" snowball rolling to point where they've overdone it and not gotten the assets they need to get the job done.

Good job Carey! This is why you don't let your players be the GM..
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Nah, Weber is better, Price just doesn't worry about five years from now, Price wants the Big Nasty now, because Price is 29 and the window is closing, and with PK, it wasn't going anywhere, and PK was not a leader but rather ceaselessly acting the clown. When Weber is aging out, Price will be 35 himself, so makes no difference to Price, he just wanted the better defencemen in the now, which is Weber, all day, hands down, advanced stats or eyetest, either way.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Nah, Weber is better, Price just doesn't worry about five years from now, Price wants the Big Nasty now, because Price is 29 and the window is closing, and with PK, it wasn't going anywhere, and PK was not a leader but rather ceaselessly acting the clown. When Weber is aging out, Price will be 35 himself, so makes no difference to Price, he just wanted the better defencemen in the now, which is Weber, all day, hands down, advanced stats or eyetest, either way.
He better hope PK stepping up his game in Nashville was a one-off, small sample size deal, otherwise..... whoops. The snowball got rolling and now the Habs have like a three year window or bust, given the depletion of their prospect pool, especially on the backend, and their team is not that good.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:35 pm

Poile doesn't even like PK more than his prodigal son Shea, no way he does, he was just "I'm sorry, Shea, you know I am, but the owners are looking at the $8.7 million cap hit down the stretch, and this is a budget team..."

None the less, the Big Nasty will make the playoffs again next year, Flashville will miss, Price can carry the load, while Rinne blows hot and cold, and Rinne has gone cold for the duration, that only goes in one direction for goalies at his age now, once he ran into the real deal, he couldn't stop a beachball, it was pathetic.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Poile doesn't even like PK more than his prodigal son Shea, no way he does, he was just "I'm sorry, Shea, you know I am, but the owners are looking at the $8.7 million cap hit down the stretch, and this is a budget team..."

None the less, the Big Nasty will make the playoffs again next year, Flashville will miss, Price can carry the load, while Rinne blows hot and cold, and Rinne has gone cold for the duration, that only goes in one direction for goalies at his age now, once he ran into the real deal, he couldn't stop a beachball, it was pathetic.
Nashville is a better team than Montreal. Rinne has a much better squad in front of him. Price on Nashville though, if I were Price I'd try and swing that, fuck Montreal, if he can't get on Edmonton or Toronto or something, being in win-now mode, Nashville would be a sweet option and playing in front of that defense would be a dream.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:41 pm

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Poile doesn't even like PK more than his prodigal son Shea, no way he does, he was just "I'm sorry, Shea, you know I am, but the owners are looking at the $8.7 million cap hit down the stretch, and this is a budget team..."

Nashville is a better team than Montreal.
Who will none the less miss next year, Patrik Laine will take their slot from them, while over in the Atlantic, Carey Price and Shea Weber will be in, although, they'll probably lose to Tampa Bay, who hopefully will run Boston or Ottawa over instead of my Leafs.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:43 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:

Nashville is a better team than Montreal.
Who will none the less miss next year, Patrik Laine will take their slot from them, while over in the Atlantic, Carey Price and Shea Weber will be in, although, they'll probably lose to Tampa Bay, who hopefully will run Boston over instead of my Leafs.
Lots of other playoff teams in the Central Division who could miss next year, have no idea why you think Nashville is most likely to be bumped, other than Stanley Cup Finals hangover, I see no reason to think they won't be back. The Preds are better than the Blues and the Wild, either could miss especially if their goalie has a down year. I wouldn't be so sure about Winnipeg making the playoffs next year either, they still might need to simmer a little longer.

Sure Nashville could miss the playoffs, but then again, so could the Blackhawks, that's the way it is in the Central, the most competitive and deep division in hockey.
/shrugs
*yip*