NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

StCapps

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:12 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote: You miss the point again, Yzerman fucked up the pick,
Seth Jones > Jonathan Drouin.
Sergachev, problem solved, just like Saad, problem solved. /shrugs.
Sergachev won't be that good for at least a year or two. Saad is older and less skilled than Panarin, he might fit the team better from a chemistry perspective, but they got fleeced by Columbus because Saad had two more years on his deal at the same price. Columbus won that trade, and Nashville made the better draft pick.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:12 am

StCapps wrote:You sleep on Nashville. They have a great core, they just need another goalie to extend their window and a few complimentary pieces, one of the best built teams in the West.
Rinne sucks, Subban is overrated, Neal is gone, only have one centre, and it ain't Auston Matthews, I'm not seeing any dynasty here, Edmonton is the new news out West, not Flashville.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:15 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:You sleep on Nashville. They have a great core, they just need another goalie to extend their window and a few complimentary pieces, one of the best built teams in the West.
Rinne sucks, Subban is overrated, Neal is gone, only have one centre, and it ain't Auston Matthews, I'm not seeing any dynasty here, Edmonton is the new news out West, not Flashville.
Well I like Edmonton better than Nashville too, especially in the long run, but that doesn't mean Nashville sucks because their core isn't as sexy as the Oilers. Subban is underrated in terms of public perception, most people think he sucks because they don't like the kid and they let it cloud their judgment, the cap hit is a little steep sure, I'll give you that, but he played great in the playoffs, and stood out among a top four loaded with great defensemen. People sleep on Subban, I wouldn't pay him $9 million but he's fucking good, and he's only getting better. This theory of yours that he's on the decline is just hogwash, he's turned into a shutdown defensemen that Montreal never thought he would be, they fucked up that trade real hard. If Nashville turns around and moves him at some point in the near future, they are going to get more than they Canadiens got in return for Weber, that's for damn sure.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:20 am

I like PK, I like PK a lot, but he's way overrated, giving him the Norris was silly, and that fucked the Habs, and it fucked PK too, because he didn't want to leave, speaking of players who fucked themselves by not taking the hometown discount...
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:23 am

Smitty-48 wrote:I like PK, I like PK a lot, but he's way overrated, giving him the Norris was silly, and that fucked the Habs, and it fucked PK too, because he didn't want to leave, speaking of players who fucked themselves by not taking the hometown discount...
Well giving him the Norris was silly, and that contract sure doesn't help his cause. With you 100% on that, I'm just saying that the public has overcompensated for that and now underrate him because they feel he is being overrated by others. Not a lot of folks seem to have an objective view of Pernell Karl Subban, emotional reactions about him abound instead.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:27 am

Shea Weber has actually been way better in Montreal than PK has been in Flashville, the part of that trade which was bad, won't kick in for a few years yet, when Flashville is rid of an overpayed PK while the Habs are still stuck with a $7.8 million cap hit when Weber is aging out.

Like, PK was the number 4D in Flashville, for a reason, he was actually sucking and he's sucked all year. Weber on the otherhand, was the Big Nasty, as advertised, in every way.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:29 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Shea Weber has actaully been way better in Montreal than PK has been in Flashville, the part of that trade which was bad, won't kick in for a few years yet, when Flashville is rid of an overpayed PK while the Habs are still stuck with a $7.8 million cap hit when Weber is aging out.
In the regular season. In the playoffs PK Subban left Shea Weber in the dust. Weber is supposed to be better at least in the short term, yet he wasn't, PK looks like the better defensemen already, epic fuck up on the Habs part. Nashville is far better set up to "win now", then Montreal, and the whole point of the trade was to make them a better win now team, Marc Bergevin is a moron.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:31 am

StCapps wrote:In the regular season. In the playoffs PK Subban left Shea Weber in the dust.
No he didn't, Montreal just didn't have any depth, whereas Flashville had Josi, Ellis, Eckholm, if all Montreal had was PK, that wouldn't have made a difference, but if Flashville had still had the Big Nasty, as the 4D? That actually might have.

PK was acting like an idiot, that dressing room was actually a mess, Flashville actually needed Weber, to be the leader, whereas PK was playing the clown.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:33 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:In the regular season. In the playoffs PK Subban left Shea Weber in the dust.
No he didn't, Montreal just didn't have any depth, whereas Flashville had Josi, Ellis, Eckholm, if all Montreal had was PK, that wouldn't have made a difference, but if Flashville had still had the Big Nasty, as the 4D? That actually might have.
PK Subban is already better than Shea Weber and he's a better fit on that Nashville blueline than Weber to boot. Bergevin is a complete moron, Nashville wins in the short term and long term on that trade.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:37 am

Fake news, all those powerplays in game six, Subban doing his Subby-do routine, if the Big Nasty had been shooting from the point, Flashville would have won that game.
Nec Aspera Terrent