NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Smitty-48

Re: NHL 2017 -Official Discussion Thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:36 am

StCapps wrote:It shouldn't be a shock that was easier for Chicago to have success before Toews and Kane signed those huge contracts.
That's the case with everyone in the cap era, that's why the Leafs window is opening already, that's why Tampa Bay had to move Drouin, "Toews and Kane's fault"; you, are fake news.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:38 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:It shouldn't be a shock that was easier for Chicago to have success before Toews and Kane signed those huge contracts.
That's the case with everyone in the cap era, that's why the Leafs window is opening already, that's why Tampa Bay had to move Drouin, "Toews and Kane's fault"; you, are fake news.
Never said it was their fault. It is fake news, but I am not the one reporting it, you are just putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying Crosby making $8.75 million is preferable to Toews or Kane making $10.5 million, and that's a no brainer. I don't know what crawled up your ass and turned me into the villain of your little screed, but simmer down. You are deliberately misunderstanding my point, or you are being a complete blockhead, which is it?
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:43 am

StCapps wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Never said it was their fault. It is fake news, but I am not the one reporting it, you are just putting words in my mouth. I'm just saying Crosby making $8.75 million is preferable to Toews or Kane making $10.5 million, and that's a no brainer, I don't know what crawled up your ass. This fucking guy.
Nothing's up my ass, I just think the analysis is flawed, Toews and Kane hit UFA window, but them both taking $8.75 wouldn't change anything, Chicago can find $4.4 million in cap room if they need to, just play the kids, and if there is a contract which needs to go, it's Seabrook, and Panarin for Saad is a good trade, that makes sense.

Don't know why you're being so sensitive. Relax.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:49 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Nothing's up my ass, I just think the analysis is flawed, Toews and Kane hit UFA window, but them both taking $8.75 wouldn't change anything, Chicago can find $4.4 million in cap room if they need to, just play the kids, and if there is a contract which needs to go, it's Seabrook.

Don't know why you're being so sensitive. Relax.
Free cap space, is free cap space, money you can spend elsewhere is important and you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, the New England Patriots sure don't with Tom Brady taking a discount, and neither do the Pittsburgh Penguins with Sidney Crosby taking a discount.

The Cleveland Cavaliers love it that they get to pay Lebraun James less than Demar Derozan, that shit is a huge leg up on the competition. You are saying a few million extra here and there is barely even relevant, that is just obviously wrong, and not just in hockey but all the other major stick and ball sports, with or without a salary cap. Superstars signing on the cheap is a huge boon, that's just a fact of sports. It isn't something that is barely even relevant to success in sports, if that were the case than Brady, James and Crosby wouldn't win so damn often.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:53 am

Whatever, your "genius" Steve Yzerman had to do the same with Drouin, even after Stamkos took the discount, Toews and Kane making a couple million less is not the difference, Chicago just has too many superstars to fit under the cap, Panarin turned out to be so good they can't afford to keep him, same as Drouin. Seabrook is the odd man out. You know what they should do? They should move Seabrook to Ottawa to replace Methot, then put Connor Murphy with Keith.

Crosby hasn't won more often than Toews and Kane, he has exactly zero more cups than them.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:58 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Whatever, your "genius" Steve Yzerman had to do the same with Drouin, even after Stamkos took the discount,
Well if Steve Yzerman had $4.4 extra cap space, it wouldn't be irrelevant, he could have re-signed Drouin. A few million here, a few million there, can make a lot of difference, if you spend it right. The Lightning should have drafted Seth Jones anyway, that was a big fuck up on Yzerman's part. Nashville is laughing all the way to bank right now, they'll take Ryan Johansen because Yzerman blew that pick, all day.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:02 am

StCapps wrote:Nashville is laughing all the way to bank right now, on that one.
Not really, Nashville is fake news, didn't win the cup and they won't be back, Pekka Rinne actually sucks and he's aging out, both Chicago and Tampa Bay are in better shape than Nashville, Nashville will miss the playoffs next year.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:04 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
StCapps wrote:Nashville is laughing all the way to bank right now, on that one.
Not really, Nashville is fake news, didn't win the cup and they won't be back, Pekka Rinne actually sucks and he's aging out, both Chicago and Tampa Bay are in better shape than Nashville, Nashville will miss the playoffs next year.
You sleep on Nashville. They have a great core, they just need another goalie to extend their window and a few complimentary pieces, one of the best built teams in the West.

You miss the point again, Yzerman fucked up the pick,
Seth Jones > Jonathan Drouin.
Last edited by StCapps on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:06 am

Speaking of Flashville, since Poile is so desperate for a centre, Sakic should actually move Duchene to Flashinthepansville, for Dante Fabbro.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:09 am

StCapps wrote: You miss the point again, Yzerman fucked up the pick,
Seth Jones > Jonathan Drouin.
Sergachev, problem solved, just like Saad, problem solved. /shrugs.
Nec Aspera Terrent