Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am

River lands includes the bridge - unknown
Highgarden - lord unknown
Winter fell - Sansa
Iron Islands - Greyjoy
Casterly Rock - Tyrion
Kings Landing - Daenerys
Dorne- unknown
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Kath

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by Kath » Tue May 14, 2019 7:17 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am
River lands includes the bridge - unknown
Highgarden - lord unknown
Winter fell - Sansa
Iron Islands - Greyjoy
Casterly Rock - Tyrion
Kings Landing - Daenerys
Dorne- unknown
1. Dany is going bye-bye. You agree with Capps that the Red Keep and the city aren't destroyed?
2. Dorne is "New Prince of Dorne."
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue May 14, 2019 7:18 am

Kath wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:45 am
I don't see any scenario where Jon sits on a (probably) melted throne in a building that no longer exists. The power center has to move. I predict the North, and stand by my earlier prediction that Sansa will be in charge. Jon's going to the wall to hang with his BFF and his BDF.
This situation is what I'm feeling the most the more that I think about it

I have a feeling the true end is going to be somewhat anticlimactic
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue May 14, 2019 7:25 am

California wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:18 am
Kath wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:45 am
I don't see any scenario where Jon sits on a (probably) melted throne in a building that no longer exists. The power center has to move. I predict the North, and stand by my earlier prediction that Sansa will be in charge. Jon's going to the wall to hang with his BFF and his BDF.
This situation is what I'm feeling the most the more that I think about it

I have a feeling the true end is going to be somewhat anticlimactic
I like the idea of that picture. Reminds me of something.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Tue May 14, 2019 8:20 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:18 am
BjornP wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:45 pm
GRRM based the series in the RL War of the Roses. It's not unlikely they'd get some sort of either Magna Carta and/or constitution. Perhaps an elective monarchy like old Anglo-Saxon monarchy, where the nobles elected the next monarch in an assembly.

Republic is unlikely, though. The lower classes in both books and show simply aren't used to thinking of themselves in that way. Europe's peasant and bourgeois classes didn't revolt or rebel for centuries for the sake of overthrowing the whole system, either.
It's not only War of the Roses. It's all the way up to Elizabeth I. That is who Danni was supposed to represent. The good queen with a Drake by her side. Cercei is Bloody Mary, but the new writers left all that by the wayside.
Ooooh... love that. Think I heard the childless queen comparison E1 once before, but not the "Drake" companion bit, nor Cersei as bloody Mary. A comparison that makes sense.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue May 14, 2019 8:28 am

It's starting to feel like those of us who predicted mad queen years ago, based on all the hints that told us that, are in the minority.

In my other forum I quoted her saying, "I will burn cities to the crown to get my throne."
Reply: Well she didn't mean it!!

Uh huh - that's what GoT is known for - dropping non hints throughout the series and then surprising us because those hints were just red herrings.

:roll:

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 am

The question is does Dany get killed before she dismounts the dragon or after....

Does Jon or Arya mount a tower with a functioning scorpion on it and shoot her down... to end the rampage... if she seems determined to snuff out every last civilian... possibly the final episode starts this way???

That would be kind of cool... and it would take care of Drogon.

Or do they have a meeting after the wreckage of the city... and surround her with the long knives... or poison rings... or whatever.
But then what about Drogon? If she's on not on the dragon... she will be sort of easy and boring to kill... you don't need any fighting skill.

When in the final episode does Dany die?

The very end of the episode might be interesting... then the throne issue will be unresolved...

Or at the very beginning... with the rest of the episode for Jon to decide if he accepts the throne of the 7 Kingdoms...

What do y'all think?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 am

I've no idea on the ending, except feeling pretty sure that Jon won't sit on a melted throne in a non building.

As to the scorpions, they all went buh-bye. I doubt there's any people or places to build them in time for what's next.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue May 14, 2019 10:07 am

DrYouth wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 am
The question is does Dany get killed before she dismounts the dragon or after....

Does Jon or Arya mount a tower with a functioning scorpion on it and shoot her down... to end the rampage... if she seems determined to snuff out every last civilian... possibly the final episode starts this way???

That would be kind of cool... and it would take care of Drogon.

Or do they have a meeting after the wreckage of the city... and surround her with the long knives... or poison rings... or whatever.
But then what about Drogon? If she's on not on the dragon... she will be sort of easy and boring to kill... you don't need any fighting skill.

When in the final episode does Dany die?

The very end of the episode might be interesting... then the throne issue will be unresolved...

Or at the very beginning... with the rest of the episode for Jon to decide if he accepts the throne of the 7 Kingdoms...

What do y'all think?
Kill the Queen in the bedroom. The easy way but Jon will be tested to something like that. I don't see Arya killing anyone substantial at this point. Bronn might be the one though.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 14, 2019 10:27 am

Game of Oligarchy. Seven lords form a politburo under Jon.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0