Game of Thrones - mostly

Kath

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by Kath » Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 am

Lol

Jon doesn't want it. He wants it even less knowing he has to sit on a shitty looking throne in an almost completely destroyed building in a city where there are almost no people left alive.

Geez, Capps.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 14, 2019 5:11 am

Kath wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 am
Lol

Jon doesn't want it. He wants it even less knowing he has to sit on a shitty looking throne in an almost completely destroyed building in a city where there are almost no people left alive.

Geez, Capps.
Him not wanting a position of leadership, hasn't stopped him before, he can be talked into these things and already has on two different ocassions, Lord Commander of The Night's Watch and King of the North, it just take a real good sell job. Both those times, he didn't even know he was Aegon Targaryen, now he does, it's his birthright (Targaryen) and it's the truth (Stark).

Geez Kath, your goldfish memory is showing.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 14, 2019 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue May 14, 2019 5:15 am

Lord Commander - leaves the moment he can get the fuck out
King of the North - leaves the moment he can get the fuck out

Yeah, but he'll stay in destroyed city living in a non-building where he has no ties whatsoever. Ha!

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 14, 2019 5:17 am

Kath wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:15 am
Lord Commander - leaves the moment he can get the fuck out
King of the North - leaves the moment he can get the fuck out

Yeah, but he'll stay in destroyed city living in a non-building where he has no ties whatsoever. Ha!
Didn't know he was Aegon Targaryen then, it's his birthright, and it's the truth. People are going to find out he's the real king. It's entirely possible he reluctantly accepts, at least temporarily. Your certainty is not justified.

Foreshadowing suggests what he wants won't matter, at least for a decent stretch of time. A scene where Tormund and Ghost heads North, and Jon wishes he could go with them, shouldn't trump all the other foreshadowing that his reluctance won't be a serious obstacle, especially when it hasn't been in the past. Jon going North and leaving it all behind is a lame ending, if they go with ending and make it work, that would be impressive because I'm not seeing them going that way to make that good drama. Sansa would need a lot of screen time to lay the ground work for her taking the throne, in the next episode for it to even be possible.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue May 14, 2019 5:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue May 14, 2019 5:22 am

Heh. The more I think about it, it’s game of republics. Watch.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 14, 2019 5:27 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:22 am
Heh. The more I think about it, it’s game of republics. Watch.
If so, the ending is going to suck balls. I'm bracing for a shit ending, but a much better ending is in sight, so hopefully Benioff and Weiss resist the twist for the sake of the twist ending.

Think of how much screen time of the last episode would have to be devoted to establishing how it becomes a republic to have it even make sense, and how that will take away screen time from more important shit that needs to happen and deserves the screen time instead. It's just a stupid idea, maybe the dumbest idea for an ending there is, out of all the possibilities.
*yip*

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 am

Any remote thoughts I had about a republic died when Varys died.

I do see the small council (or something similar,) coming into play.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 14, 2019 5:35 am

Kath wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:32 am
Any remote thoughts I had about a republic died when Varys died.

I do see the small council (or something similar,) coming into play.
If a council doesn't come into play, that would be weird, unless Dany wins.

Sansa, Bran and Sam will likely be on it. Tyrion as well, maybe Davos too. If they live, that is.

Picturing Tormund or Bronn on the council, while unlikely, is kind of hilarious to imagine. Though Bronn would actually have some good advice from time to time and could handle security, unlike Tormund who would be pure comic relief.

I guess Bronn is more likely to be on the council than I thought at first. Go Bronn, Get Dat Lord of Highgarden and Get Dat Council spot too bro. Happy ending for Bronn or going out in blaze of glory are the only acceptable ways his story can end.
*yip*

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue May 14, 2019 6:10 am

I could see the last episode not having Bronn at all or simply alluding to what he is doing. I hope not but who knows how they will play out the end.

I think having a parliament or republic would be an odd ending. Doesn't make sense in a Medieval epic. You have strong leaders and councils but voting for the masses, come on now. The fact that the Wall is partially destroyed and lots of Free Folk are dead is a massive socio-political change in and of itself. I wonder how much livable (though difficult for sure) territory is north of the Wall? Eventually like all governments , the North will reign in the entire "north". Hopefully the Free Folk enjoy while it last.

Can someone help me with a geography / political Westeros question...Are the Riverlands not considered one of the 7 Kingdoms, and is the Frey bridge part of that territory or somewhere else?

Lastly, Dorne has been semi independent for a lot of the history of Westeros, correct? Who is running it now and have they generally stayed out of most conflicts in the past? For example who did they side with in Robert's Rebellion and did they contribute actual troops?

I wish Prince Oberyn was developed more in the show if not the books. Dude was cool. I'd like to see him and Jamie duel in their primes.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue May 14, 2019 6:20 am

Dorne sided with the Targaryen's because Oberyn's sister Elia was married to Rhaegar Targaryen, and had his kids, before he took off and knocked up Lyanna Stark. The Mountain raped and murdered Elia and her children, in the sack of King's Landing, the sack before the latest one. Last time it was the Lannister's sacking it, this time, they were the one's getting sacked. Live by the sacking, die by the sacking, take that Gregor and House Lannister.
*yip*