Game of Thrones - mostly

clubgop

Re: Game of Thrones - mostly

Post by clubgop » Mon May 13, 2019 5:49 pm

He did not trust Cersei, that was a ploy. That summit was a giant chess move not just for Cersei and Euron but everyone else as well. His experience is dragging young inexperienced rulers to do the right thing and beat them over the head with it. Cersei was never going to agree with that and he knew it but Jon gave her an easy excuse to back out, so Tyrion could go meet Cersei in private gain info, he does, and secure a promise from her to help, which even if she said no, he was going to tell Dany otherwise to get her to winterfell, because remember that was not a done deal. Jon Snow probably would have gotten Dany to do that regardless but Tyrion was not leaving that to chance. As for Varys, he was a wildcard, who knows what he would've done and Dany was losing trust minute by minute.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon May 13, 2019 5:52 pm

Sansa telling him he developed a case of the dumb was epic. I love how they developed Sansa.
Are we done with her? I hope not.

Kath

Post by Kath » Mon May 13, 2019 7:55 pm

clubgop wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 5:52 pm
Sansa telling him he developed a case of the dumb was epic. I love how they developed Sansa.
Me too. There's going to be some sort of parliament that comes from this. There's nothing left of KL to rule. Sansa will rule the North, if not all. No way her arc is done. She had no ending to speak of.

I just did my re-watch. Such a fine episode. Beautifully produced; cinematography, acting, score.... not the best writing in the world, but that's a minor complaint compared to how awesome this episode was.

I strongly suspect that the final episode will jump to some point in the future, to show what this decade long drama has given birth to. Something more optimal than Joffrey/Cersei, to be sure.

I can't wait for Capps to tell me how I have no understanding of good TV. (Or, maybe, he enjoyed it? Never know with him.)
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon May 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Just did my usual day late watch with the kid. Damn that was a lot of crazy, stupid, and crazy stupid. About the only thing believable was the out of control sack of the city, a well documented phenomena.

Suddenly, after shooting a moving dragon out of the sky from moving ships like heat seekers, even more scorpions can't hit the side of a barn.
I guess since dragons are magic, they don't run out of napalm. Melting the city simply made no sense from any POV other than vengeful insanity. Is she that far gone? Had she just melted the Red Keep to slag some civilians would be dead, but a fraction of what she did. If she was trying to take revenge on Cercei that was stupid, Cersei don't give a shit about her people suffering and dying.
Gleganebowl was a disappointment. I hate the cliche stupid fight scenes where the superstrong adversary throws the hero across the room again and again instead of snapping them like a twig. Gregor was smarter before he was Undead when he simply squished Oberyn's head like a grape.
What I really wanted to see as the end of the Lannister twins was him giving her a quick death, then himself.
I agree with everyone above, Tyrion was much smarter when he was a drunk. Or maybe he needed to get laid. Whatever. He's been a stupid for a while now.
I really expected Greyworm to buy it going berserker in the battle.
My daughter thinks Arya is not going to make it to the end, I put it 50/50.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 pm

Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:55 pm
clubgop wrote:
Me too. There's going to be some sort of parliament that comes from this. There's nothing left of KL to rule. Sansa will rule the North, if not all. No way her arc is done. She had no ending to speak of.

I just did my re-watch. Such a fine episode. Beautifully produced; cinematography, acting, score.... not the best writing in the world, but that's a minor complaint compared to how awesome this episode was.

I strongly suspect that the final episode will jump to some point in the future, to show what this decade long drama has given birth to. Something more optimal than Joffrey/Cersei, to be sure.

I can't wait for Capps to tell me how I have no understanding of good TV. (Or, maybe, he enjoyed it? Never know with him.)
I keep going back to Dany saying about breaking the wheel, ending tyrants and the like. Maybe she just did that, although unintentionally.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Not watching it but I believe there is a kind of redpilled narrative being spun.

Democracy is a farsce. It does not mean better on it's face. It can be chaotic, read Weimar republic Germany. Women shouldn't be trusted to rule. The end goal of SJW's is utopian but always ends up in anarchy. Black people don't belong in Europe. A lot of little red pills being shilled in this popular soap opera.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 pm

clubgop wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:30 pm
Kath wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:55 pm
clubgop wrote:

I keep going back to Dany saying about breaking the wheel, ending tyrants and the like. Maybe she just did that, although unintentionally.
I enjoyed the episode. brewster of course chooses to get hung up on three to five irrelevant things per episode and has that ruin his enjoyment of it.

A council will no doubt be set up if Dany doesn't win, but if there is no new monarch, that's a pretty lame, no need to throw the Throne out with the bathwater. It's Game of Thrones, breaking the wheel ain't a thing, tyrants just say that to get gullible people to back them, the closest you are going to get is a parliamentary supremacy situation, if the writing doesn't suck balls. I imagine Jon would be a pretty hands off leader and wouldn't meddle with the running of the Seven Kingdoms by his closest advisers who are far more adept at politics than him, but if they turn it into Game of Democracy, that's just fucking lame.

There is no Thomas Jefferson waiting in the wings here to write a Declaration of Independence, if there was, it might make a little sense, but there isn't, so it doesn't.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon May 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Tyrion can’t be killed. He’s now the Lord of Casterly Rock, and one of her six direct underlings.

Gendry won’t bend the knee to her now, and neither will the Greyjoy lady. Sansa runs the Aerie, and Jon the North. A full rebellion will have to play out in a single episode, unless Dany dies. The end is already written.
Last edited by SuburbanFarmer on Mon May 13, 2019 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Mon May 13, 2019 9:42 pm

Going for a twist ending, just to have a twist ending, would be a terrible mistake, stick to the predictable and knock it out of the park, Breaking Bad knows.

The reason it's predictable, is because that makes for the best possible final episode, so going away from that is just bad juju.
Last edited by StCapps on Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon May 13, 2019 9:44 pm

StCapps wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 pm
There is no Thomas Jefferson waiting in the wings here to write a Declaration of Independence,
she's killed or is soon to kill anybody who would participate in creating a democratic institution. Sam and Varys could have hammered something out, but Tyrion is out of ideas and the Onion Knight has never been long on them. The Citadel is full of knowledge but has no intelligence and less volition. Sansa has no Democratic notions, nor does Jon. the only thing they have going for them in that direction is that many of the great houses are no more.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND