Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Speaker to Animals

Re: Cool Hobbies/Interests/Whatever

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:03 pm

DBTrek wrote:Soda free. Fast food free. But ... you know ... alcohol and cigars.
;)

Gotta enjoy life while you’re here, right? All things in moderation (including moderation).

You'd actually be better off switching your vices with diet soda and eating an occasional fast food meal like once every two weeks.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Fruit juice IS BAD for you.
After 8oz you might as well drink a soda.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:07 pm

I did the no carb diet again, this time with no alcohol either.

Lost twenty pounds in two weeks. Crazy. Went back on carbs today.

I might have been wrong thinking I had transitioned into old man metabolism.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Two big issue here:

(1) If you cut carbs, you are going to lose a huge amount of water weight. Here I am talking about somewhere between five and ten lbs depending upon your overall mass if you are also in a sustained calorie deficit (which causes even more water loss).

(2) If you cut carbs, you are likely just on a calorie deficit as well. You can do that any way you please and lose weight.

(3) Lumping all carbs together is midguided. There are bad carbs that most Americans eat way too much of (bread, chips, tortillas, bagels, donuts, candy, sugary sodas..). There are good carbs you generally want to eat a lot of, especially vegetables.

If you don't believe me, weight yourself in the morning after you download to get a baseline weight without carbs. Then go back to your regular carb-eating diet, but try to eat at maintenance calories so you shouldn't add any more fat. In two days of that, repeat with another weigh-in after you download. You will be surprised by the result, because there is no way you could have gained 5+ lbs of fat in two days. You didn't. It's just water.

Carbs cause water retention, which doesn't make you look fat. Actually quite the opposite. They make your muscles look bigger.

Focus on eating good carbs like spinach, green beans, broccoli, peppers, carrots, onions..

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:01 am

Leto works for me. Went off on Thanksgiving and ate and drank with wild abandon until March. Packed on 16 pounds in the interim.

On Keto - lost 10 pounds in two weeks. The last six pounds are slower to go, but a small I enter week 5 I only have 2lbs to go.

Everyone has to find what works for them, but for me erasing 3.5 months of food and drink debauchery with 5 weeks of Keto is a no-brainer.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:03 am

Mostly water.

You did not likely gain that much weight in fat. Your body just retained more water when you left a caloric deficit and even more water when you began to consume sufficient carbs again.

You should go by direct measurements and appearance. If your abs start to fade away, then cut your calories a bit until they come back. Abs are a great indicator of your fat levels, since having a visible six pack means you are at worst around 12-14% body fat, which actually is ideal. If they start to go away, then you are gaining far. This doesn't work for women as well, since they tend to put fat on their ass first.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:07 am

DBTrek wrote:Leto works for me. Went off on Thanksgiving and ate and drank with wild abandon until March. Packed on 16 pounds in the interim.

On Keto - lost 10 pounds in two weeks. The last six pounds are slower to go, but a small I enter week 5 I only have 2lbs to go.

Everyone has to find what works for them, but for me erasing 3.5 months of food and drink debauchery with 5 weeks of Keto is a no-brainer.

:lol:
Somehow we have the same fitness planner.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Anyone into warhammer 40k? I've been listening to a podcast about it and it sounds absolutely fascinating. The lore is. I don't know how to go about playing it but I kind of want to paint some little plastic space marines now.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:31 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:I kind of want to paint some little plastic space marines now.
Go lead but make sure you wash your hands.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:13 am

Haumana wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I kind of want to paint some little plastic space marines now.
Go lead but make sure you wash your hands.
Lead in miniatures has been banned since 1993. They use lead-free pewter now. You can lick them if you want to.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck