The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

C-Mag

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by C-Mag » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I'm sure modern dentistry, beta blockers, heart surgery, and the rest, have had no effect on extending life.

They have, but the infant mortality rate is the big game changer.

If you are averaging a lifespan in 1900 you start out with 150 people having a life expectancy of Zero years.
In 2000, 1 person has the life expectancy of zero.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Re: The gentle hand of vibrant diversity will be seeing you off to the next world

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
It's this sort of excuse making that keeps it going.

Fucking millions of families take care of their elders in their own homes just fine.

I know it. You know it.
It's not a lie, fuckstain. Most of the world doesn't have old folks homes. Never did. People like you who want excuses for neglecting your family members are a new creation.
"Most of the world" is living in dirt huts, and subsistence farming.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:When you remove those things from the equation, people lived for a very long time. If you made it into your thirties, chances were high you would reach your eighties if not your nineties.
Hey look, another know nothing fucktard who thinks people used to die of old age at forty.
1 - "Old Age" is not a fucking cause of death. It's a placation, just like your magic book.

2 - Never claimed that anyone died of "old age" at 40. But, keeps swinging there, scooter. The post that I'm responding to is right above this one.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:34 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I'm sure modern dentistry, beta blockers, heart surgery, and the rest, have had no effect on extending life.

They have, but the infant mortality rate is the big game changer.

If you are averaging a lifespan in 1900 you start out with 150 people having a life expectancy of Zero years.
In 2000, 1 person has the life expectancy of zero.
I guess I figured most adults were aware of this.

In almost all calculations, when someone tells you the average, you should be suspect. Averages are the least valid metric in most cases.

Ten people in a room. Nine people die on day one. One person dies at 80. Average lifespan is 8 years. Are people dying of old age at 8?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:43 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
It's not a lie, fuckstain. Most of the world doesn't have old folks homes. Never did. People like you who want excuses for neglecting your family members are a new creation.
Wouldn't help your argument one bit even if it was true. Most of the world, meaning more than half, is doing better than mud huts and subsistence farming, but are still poor by most standards, and yet they don't warehouse their elders. Only in wealthy nations is that even an option. Hence, your horseshit assertion that it is done because people are poor dies a sad sad death. Poor people can't afford old folks homes. Only opulent nations who lack family cohesion do that.

Sending granny off to a home costs more than taking her into your home. It's the more expensive option, and doesn't happen based on any economic imperative.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:51 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Hey look, another know nothing fucktard who thinks people used to die of old age at forty.
1 - "Old Age" is not a fucking cause of death. It's a placation, just like your magic book.

2 - Never claimed that anyone died of "old age" at 40. But, keeps swinging there, scooter. The post that I'm responding to is right above this one.
Just fuck off. You were faced with the truth that people live long lives if not killed by something out of the ordinary, and said it was bullshit.

It isn't. You're an idiot.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:03 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Just fuck off. You were faced with the truth that people live long lives if not killed by something out of the ordinary, and said it was bullshit.

It isn't. You're an idiot.
Mmmkay. No.

People died of all kinds of “ordinary” things, and still do, throughout history. A tooth infection would have killed me decades ago, along with a dozen other things that were cured by mundane medications.

Sure, there would have been some outliers that made it into their 80s, but that was an extremely small population until recently.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:06 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Wouldn't help your argument one bit even if it was true. Most of the world, meaning more than half, is doing better than mud huts and subsistence farming, but are still poor by most standards, and yet they don't warehouse their elders. Only in wealthy nations is that even an option. Hence, your horseshit assertion that it is done because people are poor dies a sad sad death. Poor people can't afford old folks homes. Only opulent nations who lack family cohesion do that.

Sending granny off to a home costs more than taking her into your home. It's the more expensive option, and doesn't happen based on any economic imperative.
About a third of humanity is peasant farmers. Add in the rest of the third world, and you’re around 60%, so yeah. Statistics are a bitch when they don’t follow your narrative.

And you’re right - only a rich country has elder care as an option. And we’ve engineered this one to nearly require it in general.

As others have been telling you, it’s incredibly difficult to support and care for a dying elder, while maintaining full-time employment.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:58 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

About a third of humanity is peasant farmers. Add in the rest of the third world, and you’re around 60%, so yeah. Statistics are a bitch when they don’t follow your narrative.

And you’re right - only a rich country has elder care as an option. And we’ve engineered this one to nearly require it in general.

As others have been telling you, it’s incredibly difficult to support and care for a dying elder, while maintaining full-time employment.
No, faggot. It's not hard. It's what the rest of poor world does. Disgusting piles of shit like you want people to think it's impossible so you don't have to face up to what you are. I grew up seeing it. Large families taking care of their own. I watched one of my great grandmothers live into her nineties in her own home with all of the children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren, who grew up in that same home, taking care of her. My other great grandmother succumbed to dementia in her 80s, and lived for decades in the homes of her daughters who took turns caring for her.

I came home on R&R from Iraq when I was 21 and found out my dad was going to lose his house, because of the collapse of the home construction sector in 2009, and I assumed the loan. I was a private in the Army making a thousand dollars a month, and I took on a five hundred dollar house payment rather than let my father become homeless, and degenerate faggots like you told me I was foolish not to think of myself and let him face the fate of his actions.

Sending money home from Iraq meant I had to jump through the bureaucratic hoops of Army finance, and that's what led to me explaining what I was doing to my superiors, and why I had degenerate faggots like you trying to convince me not to bother. Afterwards, one of my corporals said, "You send money to your folks? That's what's up. So do I." Corporal Guzman.

Which brings me back to El Paso, and how I know you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. It is absolutely the norm throughout the world that people take care of their elders, and this habit of Americans not doing so is a deviation from the norm. National loyalty and family loyalty are two separate issues, and while foreigners who could give two shits about America is an issue to be addressed, where they get things right is in their recognition of the value of family. I worked in construction for years. Those hispanics, who could give a shit about America, for damned sure care about their families.

I worked with guys who lived in two room apartments with ten other men, so they could save money to send it back home. There would typically be one wife in the bunch living with them who'd pack lunches for all the other men so they could save money. Degenerate faggots like you who would make excuses for warehousing elders would get no quarter from them. Their fault lies in their dismissal of obligations to a group outside of family. Your fault is worse. You don't even recognize your obligation to family. It's no wonder you show such a lack of care for anything else.

Fuck off with your horseshit excuses for why you can't do what all decent people have always done. Your elders took care of you, despite the cost, and you're all too willing to find excuses for not doing the same when it's your turn.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:02 am

Man, you’ve got a lot of baggage.

How much was your rent at the time, Private? How many kids were depending on you?

Formerly GrumpyCatFace