Fitness Thread

Speaker to Animals

Re: Fitness Thread

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:26 pm

I could take the fourth day out of my Endomondo running plan (an easy run) and use that zombie game on that day instead.

My speed work days are on Monday or Tuesday, and this will be run on a Friday or Saturday.

Somebody on my FB feed played around with the zombie game. I am not sure if she kept up with it. Not sure if it allows for friends to compete either, though.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:08 pm

I downloaded the zombie game. I can't see anything for connecting to friends and competing. It's all just playing the game.

This one looks better:

https://usroadrunning.com/

The zombie game looks like it would be fun for one day a week to keep things interesting.

But we could also compete one day a week instead and see who gets the best finishing times for something like a 5k. Maybe shake it up and do 1 mile races every now and again for speed.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:I downloaded the zombie game. I can't see anything for connecting to friends and competing. It's all just playing the game.

This one looks better:

The zombie game looks like it would be fun for one day a week to keep things interesting.

But we could also compete one day a week instead and see who gets the best finishing times for something like a 5k. Maybe shake it up and do 1 mile races every now and again for speed.
The video said you get supplies from running that you use to build your base. It would be cool to be able to do that multiplayer, and then raid each other with the loot we get from running. Too bad.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:14 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I downloaded the zombie game. I can't see anything for connecting to friends and competing. It's all just playing the game.

This one looks better:

The video said you get supplies from running that you use to build your base. It would be cool to be able to do that multiplayer, and then raid each other with the loot we get from running. Too bad.

That would be completely bad ass.

Let's think about that concept further. I think that's actually a good concept for an app.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:15 pm

This one seems cool too:

Basically, we could all have a race across Siberia or something. You plot the course on the map and your run times get updated with each run. See who gets to the destination first.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:58 pm

Does it have to be running or does any kind of cardio-tracking work?

Running anything more than sprints, ie, 1k and up, makes me into a gimp due to my reconstructed ankle
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 pm

California wrote:Does it have to be running or does any kind of cardio-tracking work?

Running anything more than sprints, ie, 1k and up, makes me into a gimp due to my reconstructed ankle

Well, I am training for a 5k race. I fucked my ankle right up in 2013. Hiking and running was the only way to get that back. I ripped several ligaments.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
California wrote:Does it have to be running or does any kind of cardio-tracking work?

Well, I am training for a 5k race. I fucked my ankle right up in 2013. Hiking and running was the only way to get that back. I ripped several ligaments.
When is your 5k?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:31 pm

California wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

When is your 5k?

10 MAR 18

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:00 pm

This is weird. I was cutting this month until I got a cold last week. For about a week, I didn't bother with tracking calories and ate out (plenty of fast food in there too), though I didn't overeat.

Today the cold was mostly gone, so I decided to go to the park and just do a short sprint (I also had an injured hip flexor, so was taking a break from everything during this time) to see where I stand. Came home and stood on the scale: down four pounds in five days.

Maybe it is water weight since I was eating a lot more rice and potatoes when I was eating a whole foods diet? Not sure. Seems like a lot of water loss, and I am still drinking tons of water.