Just attended a Trans education session

DrYouth

Re: Just attended a Trans education session

Post by DrYouth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:26 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:31 pm
Dr Youth.

Who put on the training, how long did it last and what was the make up of the audience ?
Another local psychiatrist put it on. He is the medical lead for the region in both the areas of developmental disability (i.e. autism and intellectual disability) and now transgender issues. I know this psychiatrist pretty well, he is actually a decent person, so this was doubly shocking.
He came to the hospital where I practice and presented for about 1.5 hours. There was only a small audience.

I attended out of sheer curiosity, to see what the medical "position" is on this subject.

The presentation was almost purely political... hardly medical at all.
It introduced "correct speak" and impassioned pleas for affirmation and safe spaces.
It was practically a political cartoon.
Then he went on to speak enthusiastically about the increased access to hormone therapy and surgery for minors....
With the impassioned plea not to place barriers to these "therapies" as "patients are suffering".

I actually interjected at one point to clarify that these are not in fact "therapies", to which he confusingly agreed, despite the fact that he had labelled the slide with the title" therapies".
No one seemed to understand what I was getting at.

It was actually sickening.
Last edited by DrYouth on Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am

It's about the money.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:29 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am
It's about the money.
That's part of what sickens me...
I am certain he has convinced himself he is a good person...
But yes... he is making easy money...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:34 am

The Bob Rubin trade, described succinctly by Taleb as follows:

Heads, I win; tails, you lose.

Any transaction where hidden risks are not carried by the person taking the risks and benefitting from them are dangerous.

Dick slasher doctors get all the upside. When the patient kills himself years down the road, nobody takes the doctor's fortunes. He just blames random factors or even society for not "tolerating" the Frankenstein's monster he created.

The graft and fraud we saw in the banking sector leading to the financial collapse is now rampant in the medical community.

Avoid doctors.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am

I would even argue the medical industry is the next "credit default swap" crisis in making, and the repercussions will be far worse and far more difficult to quantify.

Indeed, if the correlation between mass shooters and SSRI's turns out to be causative, we're already there.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:27 am

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:39 am
Indeed, if the correlation between mass shooters and SSRI's turns out to be causative, we're already there.
I doubt we'll ever get to "causative".
Too many people take these drugs without becoming murderers.
But a relevant factor... we might get there.
But then again the Koolaid is far too strong... and comes in so many delicious flavours.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 am

DrYouth wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:29 am
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:28 am
It's about the money.
That's part of what sickens me...
I am certain he has convinced himself he is a good person...
But yes... he is making easy money...
So your field is looking at people becoming transgender as a new market for billing hours and selling drugs?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:40 am

That really is most of what they do.

Think about how many people die from prescription drugs somehow. Iatragenics is off the charts lately because it is profitable.

Preventative medicine, I am coming to believe, is the biggest scam of all.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:33 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 am
So your field is looking at people becoming transgender as a new market for billing hours and selling drugs?
The field of psychiatry has been almost completely coopted by big pharma.
Prescribing pills is a lot easier than listening to peoples problems.
And listening to peoples problems was never working particularly well to begin with... problems are complicated... and many issues are deeper and less accessible than something that one can "talk" about... implicit memory systems being what they are.

"My field" also has many promising areas and new developments... but most psychiatrists aren't paying attention to those... although there are always exceptions to that rule.

So slotting some kid into the cue for hormone or surgical "therapy" seems like a nice, simple (and lucrative) gig.
Especially when they and some of their family members will treat you like a hero.

Sad but true.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:49 am

DrYouth wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:33 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:37 am
The field of psychiatry has been almost completely coopted by big pharma.
Prescribing pills is a lot easier than listening to peoples problems.
And listening to peoples problems was never working particularly well to begin with... problems are complicated... and many issues are deeper and less accessible than something that one can "talk" about... implicit memory systems being what they are.

"My field" also has many promising areas and new developments... but most psychiatrists aren't paying attention to those... although there are always exceptions to that rule.

So slotting some kid into the cue for hormone or surgical "therapy" seems like a nice, simple (and lucrative) gig.
Especially when they and some of their family members will treat you like a hero.

Sad but true.
I'd rather have a Dr. House than Dr. Feelgood personally.
#NotOneRedCent