My son....the felon

Speaker to Animals

Re: My son....the felon

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:02 am

If he gets a felony conviction, there is no military in his future.

Not sure if you can withhold adjudication for something like that, or even if it matters as far as the branches are concerned.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:04 am

Like I said, KTK, go to a good local attorney who deals with this issue every day to assess your options.

The sooner the better.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 pm

Fife wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:04 am
Like I said, KTK, go to a good local attorney who deals with this issue every day to assess your options.

The sooner the better.
Excellent advice, and in the meantime no statements under any circumstances should be given to law enforcement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:57 pm

de officiis wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:43 pm
Fife wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:04 am

The sooner the better.
Excellent advice, and in the meantime no statements under any circumstances should be given to law enforcement.
^ this.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:05 pm

Kill the King wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:19 am
A brief history...my ex wife and I divorced after 17 years of somewhat blissful marriage. Our divorce was all my doing and my fault. I basically found someone who I could talk to and relate to. Doesn't matter but just a bit of history.
First of all, stop blaming yourself for all this.
Marriage is a partnership and both parents are responsible for their children. The history does matter because it's how you got to this point in time. And if you don't change those factors going forward you will likely see more of the same results.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 pm

Kill the King wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:22 am
Obviously he's been on restrictions. Tonight he ran into a convenience store and stole a couple of bottles of liquor. A good samaritan fought him and my son knocked out his tooth. He has such been arrested. He's going down a bad path, obviously. Appreciate any thoughts
Tough spot. I have no great advise and you've been given some great ideas. I just want to empathize. Do not blame yourself. Our oldest went through some troubled times; nothing to this level, but we were quite worried about him for years. ( I used to post on DCF about him.)

Good news is that at 24, he's got a full time job, with benefits, and can't believe that his employer is going to pay him when he's not working. (vacation time.) Now he's so dedicated, he won't even talk to us while he's working. He used to smoke pot on the numerous part-time jobs he had. He always wondered why he kept getting fired.

Many people turn things around from the maddening stuff they put their parents through during their youth.

Have you had him drug tested?
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:29 pm

If I’d been caught for half the things I did as a teen/early 20s, I’d be dead or in jail.
Never attempted a robbery, but just saying that he can definitely turn it around.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Kath

Post by Kath » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:35 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:29 pm
If I’d been caught for half the things I did as a teen/early 20s, I’d be dead or in jail.
Never attempted a robbery, but just saying that he can definitely turn it around.
Me too. I never robbed, but was complicit in a few robbery-style crimes. My parents helped out by kicking me out of the house. Obviously, that's not the solution for everyone, but it helped me get my shit together. I imagine that many, now responsible adults, have similar stories.
Why are all the Gods such vicious cunts? Where's the God of tits and wine?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Kids now do not have the freedom to fuck up like Gen X did. They have one shot. It's not just crimes either. Social media, everything. Say the wrong thing in your youth, and your entire life is affected.

There are no second chances for kids now.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:39 pm

Kath wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:35 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:29 pm
Me too. I never robbed, but was complicit in a few robbery-style crimes. My parents helped out by kicking me out of the house. Obviously, that's not the solution for everyone, but it helped me get my shit together. I imagine that many, now responsible adults, have similar stories.
Same. My dad basically dumped me into a rented room, and said ‘swim’.

I didn’t at first, but eventually figured it out.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace