Anybody have a take on the Panamanian economy?

heydaralon

Re: Anybody have a take on the Panamanian economy?

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:48 pm

brewster wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:00 pm
Family went to Panama for the holiday week. There were more skyscrapers in Panama City than I have seen in any US city besides NYC. WTF? Is it all money laundering for Russian oligarchs and other kleptocrats? There's no way their "80% service economy" brings in such cash. It's not like the whole city gleams, there was plenty of ghetto, and even in the "upscale" areas you had to watch your step or you could fall into open manholes and other huge traps in the sidewalk. Something just felt wrong. I'd be interested in hearing the MHF take.
I'll bet your parents went there to launder money. Is it possible they are in the drug wholesaling business and just played dumb when they got back for your benefit? I am usually a very good judge of character, and something about your story seems off to me. You can ask anyone on this board. I am a reasonable man, and I generally do not jump to conclusions, or use hyperbolic language. Many people, including Martin come to me for advice when they have moral or intellectual questions, so I would be more than happy to talk to you, for a small fee.

Here is some free advice: You should cut off all contact with your parents, until the trial is over and they are imprisoned for their numerous crimes. Don't be too hard on yourself. Its not your fault they decided to take the easy route, and make money off of the suffering of others, and fuel our morally rotten substance abuse dependent society. You need to be strong.

The rest of my advice, especially the more intricate coping mechanism I will help you develop while your parents do time will cost you. PM me so I can tell you where to send the check for my services. I hope you are doing alright, Punky.
Shikata ga nai

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:00 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:48 pm
brewster wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:00 pm
Family went to Panama for the holiday week. There were more skyscrapers in Panama City than I have seen in any US city besides NYC. WTF? Is it all money laundering for Russian oligarchs and other kleptocrats? There's no way their "80% service economy" brings in such cash. It's not like the whole city gleams, there was plenty of ghetto, and even in the "upscale" areas you had to watch your step or you could fall into open manholes and other huge traps in the sidewalk. Something just felt wrong. I'd be interested in hearing the MHF take.
I'll bet your parents went there to launder money. Is it possible they are in the drug wholesaling business and just played dumb when they got back for your benefit? I am usually a very good judge of character, and something about your story seems off to me. You can ask anyone on this board. I am a reasonable man, and I generally do not jump to conclusions, or use hyperbolic language.
Well, I guess everybody wonders if their folks had a secret life, but I don't think so, my mom would definitely be living larger. But here's a funny story. My wife was meeting an old friend for brunch today, and the friend called last night saying she was freaked out because the friends she was supposed to have dinner with last night were MIA, never showed, ghosting her. They drove past their NYC home today, and found it was a murder scene! Turns out the 62 year old dude was a weed dealer. Nothing about the wife, either she's in jail or on the lam.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny ... story.html
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Weird. I thought weed was supposed to make people embrace love and peace.