Literal Odds and Ends

User avatar
The Conservative
Posts: 14732
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by The Conservative » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:38 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:10 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:30 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:05 am


Don’t bother applying to job postings. Half of them are fake anyway.

Just update your resume on Indeed and Dice, and wait a day for recruiters to start calling. Don’t talk to the Indians, you’ll get a white guy or three within a week. There are jobs everywhere but they go through recruiters.

Tell them you want 130-140, and they’ll go back and ask the employer. You’ll have an interview in a few days. Don’t be picky, just find a gig for a couple years.
That’s what in finding lately. I really hate how the “new way” of doing things is suposifly better.
It’s far far better, once you know how it works.
The “its who you know, not what you know” way of doing it sucks.

I hate being dicked around with 5 rounds of interviews then ghosted.

Even worse when the same job keeps coming up and you get to the final round and the manager forgets who you are, even after interviewing six times before…

The market is a fucking joke… people no longer interview, they ask questions then let an AI decide…
#NotOneRedCent

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Posts: 25129
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:50 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:38 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:10 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 11:30 am


That’s what in finding lately. I really hate how the “new way” of doing things is suposifly better.
It’s far far better, once you know how it works.
The “its who you know, not what you know” way of doing it sucks.

I hate being dicked around with 5 rounds of interviews then ghosted.

Even worse when the same job keeps coming up and you get to the final round and the manager forgets who you are, even after interviewing six times before…

The market is a fucking joke… people no longer interview, they ask questions then let an AI decide…
Haven’t seen multiple interview rounds in a long, long time. Maybe quit going for management roles, and just take 2-3 tech jobs.

https://overemployed.com/
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

User avatar
The Conservative
Posts: 14732
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by The Conservative » Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:17 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:50 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:38 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:10 pm


It’s far far better, once you know how it works.
The “its who you know, not what you know” way of doing it sucks.

I hate being dicked around with 5 rounds of interviews then ghosted.

Even worse when the same job keeps coming up and you get to the final round and the manager forgets who you are, even after interviewing six times before…

The market is a fucking joke… people no longer interview, they ask questions then let an AI decide…
Haven’t seen multiple interview rounds in a long, long time. Maybe quit going for management roles, and just take 2-3 tech jobs.

https://overemployed.com/
Team lead isn’t mgr. but good lord. This 3 month contract. 5 rounds 2 weeks.

Thanks for the link.
#NotOneRedCent

User avatar
The Conservative
Posts: 14732
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by The Conservative » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:04 am

So, I landed a remote job, and will be starting the minute this one ends. I got a 25% pay increase too... can't complain too much, as long as inflation doesn't fuck me over we should be good to go.
#NotOneRedCent

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Posts: 25129
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:50 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:04 am
So, I landed a remote job, and will be starting the minute this one ends. I got a 25% pay increase too... can't complain too much, as long as inflation doesn't fuck me over we should be good to go.
ATTA BOY.

Spoiler alert: inflation will still fuck you, but it will fuck you softer now.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

User avatar
The Conservative
Posts: 14732
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 am

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by The Conservative » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:01 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:50 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:04 am
So, I landed a remote job, and will be starting the minute this one ends. I got a 25% pay increase too... can't complain too much, as long as inflation doesn't fuck me over we should be good to go.
ATTA BOY.

Spoiler alert: inflation will still fuck you, but it will fuck you softer now.
Yeah, I know, but hopefully once my wife is able to get a mother hours job, and if the economy rebounds the job will pay well enough that I won't be sweating each paycheck.
#NotOneRedCent

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Posts: 25129
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:51 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:01 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:50 am
The Conservative wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:04 am
So, I landed a remote job, and will be starting the minute this one ends. I got a 25% pay increase too... can't complain too much, as long as inflation doesn't fuck me over we should be good to go.
ATTA BOY.

Spoiler alert: inflation will still fuck you, but it will fuck you softer now.
Yeah, I know, but hopefully once my wife is able to get a mother hours job, and if the economy rebounds the job will pay well enough that I won't be sweating each paycheck.
I say just hang tight a few months until you’ve got most of it automated, then pick up a second one.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

User avatar
C-Mag
Posts: 28124
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Literal Odds and Ends

Post by C-Mag » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:13 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:04 am
So, I landed a remote job, and will be starting the minute this one ends. I got a 25% pay increase too... can't complain too much, as long as inflation doesn't fuck me over we should be good to go.
Congrats !
PLATA O PLOMO


Image


Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience