My 2021 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot

clubgop

My 2021 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot

Post by clubgop » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:13 pm

Curt Schilling- Not the longevity of his contemporaries Glavine or Maddux but his clutch performance is proven time and again in undeniable fashion. If there is one game that is a must win and I have to choose between Gregg Maddux and Curt Schilling, Curt Schilling gets the ball every time. Hell Curt Schilling may get the ball in those circumstances with the choice of any pitcher of any era.

Jeff Kent- Unprecedented, unmatched power from a second baseman. Most HRs among all 2B. If you think Ryne Sandberg is a HOFer than Kent must be as well.

Barry Bonds- This is the Hall of Fame not the Hall of People I Want My Kids to Be Like. He was never formally caught and those Hits count, all of them. You can’t unring all those bells.

Roger Clemens- See Barry Bonds

Manny Ramirez- Could pass this off like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, but he was caught, twice, still those numbers are there and when you watched him play, you knew it was genuine that hitting came naturally to him. It was a sixth sense for him.

Omar Vizquel- Gonna have to face it, I’m addicted to glove. This player won a golden glove at age 39 at shortstop. One of the best fielding shortstops to ever play the game. A decent consistent bat, but an absolute bulwark at the heart of a defense.

Only 6 names this year, The first year class this year did not have anyone on it I was willing to vote for.

C-Mag

Re: My 2021 Baseball Hall of Fame ballot

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:43 pm

Charlie Hustle
Gil Hodges
Moe Berg
Don Mattingly
and Thurman Fucking Munson, because he was awesome and his stache would be awesome in bronze
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:27 pm

clubgop wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:13 pm
Curt Schilling- Not the longevity of his contemporaries Glavine or Maddux but his clutch performance is proven time and again in undeniable fashion. If there is one game that is a must win and I have to choose between Gregg Maddux and Curt Schilling, Curt Schilling gets the ball every time. Hell Curt Schilling may get the ball in those circumstances with the choice of any pitcher of any era.

Jeff Kent- Unprecedented, unmatched power from a second baseman. Most HRs among all 2B. If you think Ryne Sandberg is a HOFer than Kent must be as well.

Barry Bonds- This is the Hall of Fame not the Hall of People I Want My Kids to Be Like. He was never formally caught and those Hits count, all of them. You can’t unring all those bells.

Roger Clemens- See Barry Bonds

Manny Ramirez- Could pass this off like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, but he was caught, twice, still those numbers are there and when you watched him play, you knew it was genuine that hitting came naturally to him. It was a sixth sense for him.

Omar Vizquel- Gonna have to face it, I’m addicted to glove. This player won a golden glove at age 39 at shortstop. One of the best fielding shortstops to ever play the game. A decent consistent bat, but an absolute bulwark at the heart of a defense.

Only 6 names this year, The first year class this year did not have anyone on it I was willing to vote for.
THANK YOU

You get it
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:51 pm

Joe Niekro, gotta admire that willingness to win.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:38 am

Super Sky-Point to the HR King

Clemons
Bonds
Vizquel
Rolen

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:13 pm

I met Curt Shilling once. He is a huge wargamer and singlehandedly saved Advanced Squad Leader. We met at the Essen game show in Germany and he had just won the World series. No one knew who he was outside wargaming. I congratulated him on the title and he was genuinely surprised.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:01 pm

Hastur wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:13 pm
I met Curt Shilling once. He is a huge wargamer and singlehandedly saved Advanced Squad Leader. We met at the Essen game show in Germany and he had just won the World series. No one knew who he was outside wargaming. I congratulated him on the title and he was genuinely surprised.
Shilling won't get in, he's a Trump supporter.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience