2024 Elections - Let's get Ready to Rumble!

Martin Hash

Re: 2024 Elections - Let's get Ready to Rumble!

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 8:59 am
I was thinking of Mormons, Jews, even Unions.

If anyone is allowed to use Nepotism and your not, there is no Fair play.

I'm quite impressed of how those groups do it. They just never talk about it, and above all stick together.
Mormons only reluctantly do business with non-Mormons b/c they think everyone but them is going to burn (and deserve it if they won't accept Jesus Christ as their savior and God's prophet on earth as their unquestionable leader.) As I got more mature, I recognized the elitism in this thinking, the very elitism that's destroying the country today. Liberty should be the base ideology, but you can't use your liberty to deny other people theirs. This is also the basis of my argument against mass accumulation of wealth, and why redistribution to increase liberty is mandatory.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:12 am

I don't completely disagree with your redistribution ideas, BUT

It has to be voluntary. During the guilded age those elites distributed a lot of wealth. If it's compulsory you will shortly be robbing the Kulaks.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:13 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:12 am

It has to be voluntary. During the guilded age those elites distributed a lot of wealth. If it's compulsory you will shortly be robbing the Kulaks.
This. Other peoples money is the ultimate slippery slope.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:18 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:13 am
C-Mag wrote:

That's why limiting it to Death Taxes is a good idea; dead people don't have any liberty. That would be wealth redistribution.

Income redistribution is another can of worms: unfortunately, corporate structures are used to rob banks & minor stockholders by paying ENORMOUS salaries to management (pawns of the majority stockholders.) This exploitation needs to be rooted out.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:22 am

The problem with just slapping on a tax is again, not voluntary and you can simply transfer the wealth to heirs prior to death.

You don't think Feinsteins Hundreds of millions will be subject to Cali taxes do you
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:24 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:18 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:13 am
C-Mag wrote:

That's why limiting it to Death Taxes is a good idea; dead people don't have any liberty. That would be wealth redistribution.

Income redistribution is another can of worms: unfortunately, corporate structures are used to rob banks & minor stockholders by paying ENORMOUS salaries to management (pawns of the majority stockholders.) This exploitation needs to be rooted out.
I don’t understand the argument for death/inheritance tax. You incentivize everything to go offshore, lest the government seize it.
Anything onshore will be in a trust, and not taxable.

Once again, only the plebs are screwed.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 am

I don't believe a government has the right to your wealth, even after you are dead.

This ties in with Nepotism. I get to choose who I give wealth and advantage to through freedom of association
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:11 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 am
I don't believe a government has the right to your wealth, even after you are dead.

This ties in with Nepotism. I get to choose who I give wealth and advantage to through freedom of association
Well then, you get what we have right here. The French & Russian revolutions (Cuba, Cambodia, Zimbabwe, etc.) are recent examples of where it leads, and we’re well underway. Nepotists & cronies (Mormons & survivalists) think they’ll be the only ones left standing so they want it to happen: again perversity rules.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:12 am

There’s literally no will to stop it. (I should know.)

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:23 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:11 am
C-Mag wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:28 am

Well then, you get what we have right here. The French & Russian revolutions (Cuba, Cambodia, Zimbabwe, etc.) are recent examples of where it leads, and we’re well underway. Nepotists & cronies (Mormons & survivalists) think they’ll be the only ones left standing so they want it to happen: again perversity rules.
Sounds like a false dichotomy. Without all the loopholes and subsidies (corruption), those wealth concentrations wouldn’t exist. It all stems from eliminating competition and restricting the market.

I don’t know what we have to do to stop the corruption at this point, but that’s the root of all evil in government imo.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace