Virtual Reality

Haumana

Virtual Reality

Post by Haumana » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:45 am

I tried out my niece's Oculus (version: fuck if I know) Holy shit!!! it was like some sort of psychedelic trip. Out of body experience. I started out with the main focus of keeping my feet firmly planted in my start position. Despite that I found myself lost in some weird imaginary 3d world where my knees buckled twice. I was looking around at my virtual icon floating through wherever. It is pretty unsettling to be honest. By the time I finished my ten minute trial my feet were tired from keeping my balance and my mind was disheveled from trying to sort out the real and the imagined. I can see how even the most strident would falter to a given stimuli.

I have been spending some time up here in mainland (California) and I'll make a report once I am back home in the 96717.

Haumana

Re: Virtual Reality

Post by Haumana » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:47 am

I can also see how this could be some heroin too.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:23 am

How much does your niece use it?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:30 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:23 am
Not as often as I would but she plays a couple times a week for maybe an hour or so at a time. (3 week sample size) She gets bored and ends up watching youtube in an immersive environment. I think she has some sort of inoculation because the 11 year old me would have been all over this. PacMan/Asteroids on steroids mixed with meth. As long as you don't get motion sickness.

I played again last night and just as weird. I wouldn't have one in the house. There is some show that I saw advertised, only because I am staying with people who watch TV, that integrates dancing and VR. The Matrix is coming and it is coming strong. (I'm too old. I hope that my kid is a Morpheus type but he may be a steak eater.)

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:46 am

Haumana wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:30 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:23 am
Not as often as I would but she plays a couple times a week for maybe an hour or so at a time. (3 week sample size) She gets bored and ends up watching youtube in an immersive environment. I think she has some sort of inoculation because the 11 year old me would have been all over this. PacMan/Asteroids on steroids mixed with meth. As long as you don't get motion sickness.

I played again last night and just as weird. I wouldn't have one in the house. There is some show that I saw advertised, only because I am staying with people who watch TV, that integrates dancing and VR. The Matrix is coming and it is coming strong. (I'm too old. I hope that my kid is a Morpheus type but he may be a steak eater.)
You can be a Morpheus type and still eat meat :P
#NotOneRedCent