California still can't do anything right. (detonation takes 17 to the hospital)

User avatar
The Conservative
Posts: 13209
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 am

California still can't do anything right. (detonation takes 17 to the hospital)

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:46 am



https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -explosion
The Los Angeles police department detonated a cache of homemade fireworks it had seized, causing a major explosion on a residential block that injured 17 people, flipped and damaged cars and smashed windows in nearby homes.

It could take days to determine why what was supposed to be a safe operation to handle explosives that police said were too unstable to remove turned into a huge explosion.

Police exploded the devices at about 7.30pm on Wednesday in an iron containment vessel on a tractor-trailer in a South Los Angeles neighborhood, believing the vehicle would be able to contain the explosion. But there was a “total catastrophic failure of that containment vehicle”, the LA police chief, Michel Moore, said, according to the LA Times.
#NotOneRedCent

User avatar
TheOneX
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Re: California still can't do anything right. (detonation takes 17 to the hospital)

Post by TheOneX » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:41 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:46 am


https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -explosion
The Los Angeles police department detonated a cache of homemade fireworks it had seized, causing a major explosion on a residential block that injured 17 people, flipped and damaged cars and smashed windows in nearby homes.

It could take days to determine why what was supposed to be a safe operation to handle explosives that police said were too unstable to remove turned into a huge explosion.

Police exploded the devices at about 7.30pm on Wednesday in an iron containment vessel on a tractor-trailer in a South Los Angeles neighborhood, believing the vehicle would be able to contain the explosion. But there was a “total catastrophic failure of that containment vehicle”, the LA police chief, Michel Moore, said, according to the LA Times.
When you outlaw everything remotely dangerous, people begin to not appreciate how dangerous those things actually are.

User avatar
The Conservative
Posts: 13209
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 am

Re: California still can't do anything right. (detonation takes 17 to the hospital)

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:58 am

TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:41 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:46 am


https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -explosion
The Los Angeles police department detonated a cache of homemade fireworks it had seized, causing a major explosion on a residential block that injured 17 people, flipped and damaged cars and smashed windows in nearby homes.

It could take days to determine why what was supposed to be a safe operation to handle explosives that police said were too unstable to remove turned into a huge explosion.

Police exploded the devices at about 7.30pm on Wednesday in an iron containment vessel on a tractor-trailer in a South Los Angeles neighborhood, believing the vehicle would be able to contain the explosion. But there was a “total catastrophic failure of that containment vehicle”, the LA police chief, Michel Moore, said, according to the LA Times.
When you outlaw everything remotely dangerous, people begin to not appreciate how dangerous those things actually are.
They were not dangerous, they are only dangerous to people who don't know how to handle them... and the police obviously...
#NotOneRedCent

User avatar
TheOneX
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:16 pm

Re: California still can't do anything right. (detonation takes 17 to the hospital)

Post by TheOneX » Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:35 pm

That was kind of my point. Since they are outlawed, they have no experience with them, making something that shouldn't be dangerous into something dangerous.

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Posts: 23414
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: California still can't do anything right. (detonation takes 17 to the hospital)

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:46 am

TheOneX wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:35 pm
That was kind of my point. Since they are outlawed, they have no experience with them, making something that shouldn't be dangerous into something dangerous.
Solid.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0