Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:57 am
Haumana wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:55 am
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:26 am
Tucker: We need Cameras in the Classrooms
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _town.html

Maybe it's come to this to keep teachers from indoctrinating
Wife and I were discussing this last night. Vouchers is the answer for me. If the implosion of the school system isn't viable then school choice is where it is at. Right now districts are crying about a 2% reduction in enrollment because they can't meet their budgets, yet they are insisting on pushing this CRT bullshit. Break the Teacher's unions should be the goal of every freedom loving American. They are Antifa spawn.
Yep, just take your kids out of school.
This is the way.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Re: Schools - Taxation without representation

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:00 am

It is rather amazing that the right fights so hard to maintain the system has been fucking them over for decades.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:00 am
It is rather amazing that the right fights so hard to maintain the system has been fucking them over for decades.
The right or left?
#NotOneRedCent

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:36 am

C-Mag wrote:
Haumana wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:26 am
Tucker: We need Cameras in the Classrooms
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _town.html

Maybe it's come to this to keep teachers from indoctrinating
Wife and I were discussing this last night. Vouchers is the answer for me. If the implosion of the school system isn't viable then school choice is where it is at. Right now districts are crying about a 2% reduction in enrollment because they can't meet their budgets, yet they are insisting on pushing this CRT bullshit. Break the Teacher's unions should be the goal of every freedom loving American. They are Antifa spawn.
Next level, demand that the stolen money follows your child. Starve the beast. Vouchers kills this nonsense. (I'd rather just do away with the whole system but that seems too big a hill to climb) They only survive if they have a captive audience. Most won't choose their bullshit and they know it.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:38 am

Haumana wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:36 am
C-Mag wrote:
Haumana wrote:

Next level, demand that the stolen money follows your child. Starve the beast. Vouchers kills this nonsense. (I'd rather just do away with the whole system but that seems too big a hill to climb) They only survive if they have a captive audience. Most won't choose their bullshit and they know it.
Even though it makes perfect sense, you’ll never get them to let go of the property tax income.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:23 pm

Haumana wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:36 am
C-Mag wrote:
Haumana wrote:

It isn't too big a hill to climb, you just have to do it step by step. The first step is school choice. Once students are free to go to the school their parents choose, and the money follows them you have started down the path of ending the monopoly of public schools.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:31 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:23 pm

It isn't too big a hill to climb, you just have to do it step by step. The first step is school choice. Once students are free to go to the school their parents choose, and the money follows them you have started down the path of ending the monopoly of public schools.
Exactly. Eat the elephant one bite at a time. Slaying the Teachers' unions is too big a hill to climb right now but getting the money to follow the students is an achievable goal in this current climate. I see it as "they done did fucked up with the lockdowns". The majority of the parents that were in the rut of drop kids off, pick kids up while I, we, go to work was interrupted. Now if just a few percentage points of those parents go "WTF, are they doing? We aren't doing that!" and demand something else, the whole house of cards collapses.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:07 pm

Haumana wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:31 pm
TheOneX wrote:

Exactly. Eat the elephant one bite at a time. Slaying the Teachers' unions is too big a hill to climb right now but getting the money to follow the students is an achievable goal in this current climate. I see it as "they done did fucked up with the lockdowns". The majority of the parents that were in the rut of drop kids off, pick kids up while I, we, go to work was interrupted. Now if just a few percentage points of those parents go "WTF, are they doing? We aren't doing that!" and demand something else, the whole house of cards collapses.
What part of some states that are so leftist that they don't care what is going on in the schools? It seems only a minority do, and although loud, it is not enough to ever make a difference where it counts. There is a reason why people are in the same position for 30+ years.

Dismantling the unions are the easiest thing to do because once you take away the seat of power, the rest will fall to the wayside because the protection system will not be in place that has allowed bad people to be protected for way too long.
#NotOneRedCent

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:40 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:07 pm
Haumana wrote:
TheOneX wrote:

What part of some states that are so leftist that they don't care what is going on in the schools? It seems only a minority do, and although loud, it is not enough to ever make a difference where it counts. There is a reason why people are in the same position for 30+ years.

Dismantling the unions are the easiest thing to do because once you take away the seat of power, the rest will fall to the wayside because the protection system will not be in place that has allowed bad people to be protected for way too long.
But how do you dismantle the unions? And how do you get people on board with it? It is like attacking a porcupine. If you attack from the wrong angle you end up only doing harm to yourself. You are only going to make progress if you can locate and attack the weak spots. Often you have to make indirect attacks, because you can attack directly. School choice is an indirect attack. It gives some power back to the parents, which means less power for the unions. Just because some parents wouldn't care does not mean it wouldn't be a powerful tool to change the course of public education.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:50 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:40 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:07 pm
Haumana wrote:

But how do you dismantle the unions? And how do you get people on board with it? It is like attacking a porcupine. If you attack from the wrong angle you end up only doing harm to yourself. You are only going to make progress if you can locate and attack the weak spots. Often you have to make indirect attacks, because you can attack directly. School choice is an indirect attack. It gives some power back to the parents, which means less power for the unions. Just because some parents wouldn't care does not mean it wouldn't be a powerful tool to change the course of public education.
This.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change