Schools - Taxation without representation

TheOneX

Re: Schools - Taxation without representation

Post by TheOneX » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:39 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:33 pm
Fife wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am
Well, that's a novel and interesting idea for a class action. I didn't see an actual logical theory based on legal support in that piece, though. I'd say a potential class might have a hard time finding a lawyer to sign off on that lawsuit and actually file it with a court.

Courts can do a few things IRL, but Muh Constitution can probably be discounted as the way out of the systemic assassination of the American culture that's been taking place in the compulsory public schools for many decades with a good old Apple Pie It's Legal Seal of Approval.
I was afraid that was the case.
I knew it probably wasn't true because when CRT first showed up in classrooms my instant reactions was "No fucking way, the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination like this, it'll never stand". Then I had that reflective moment where I realized "Wait a minute, I'm not a lawyer. And this shit is still happening. And lawyers are aware of it - so I must not know what I'm talking about".
:doh:
My opinion on this is if lawyers cannot make a logical argument that would stand up in court out of this then the lawyers and judges have really fucked up how law is to be interpreted. It is pretty simple, if the law says the Federal government cannot find discrimination, and these schools discriminate, then they should lose there funding. Proving discrimination is the tricky part, but logically it should be pretty damn simple argument to make.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:48 am

TheOneX wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:39 pm
My opinion on this is if lawyers cannot make a logical argument that would stand up in court out of this then the lawyers and judges have really fucked up how law is to be interpreted. It is pretty simple, if the law says the Federal government cannot find discrimination, and these schools discriminate, then they should lose there funding. Proving discrimination is the tricky part, but logically it should be pretty damn simple argument to make.
Seems like that would be the case.
Yet here we are.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:16 am

Kill all the lawyers.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Guilford County, North Carolina, the Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Sharon L. Contreras, refuses to allow the public to attend school board meetings according to local activists fighting Critical Race Theory. Take Back Our Schools founder says Contreras is using emergency powers to shut them out.

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:26 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:35 pm
Guilford County, North Carolina, the Superintendent of Schools, Dr. Sharon L. Contreras, refuses to allow the public to attend school board meetings according to local activists fighting Critical Race Theory. Take Back Our Schools founder says Contreras is using emergency powers to shut them out.

They can't do that... but meh... what do I know...
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:11 pm

School Admin to parents: Fuck Off you stupid Deplorables

Documents obtained by Legal Insurrection Foundation reveal that Rhode Island School Superintendents Association was working with “our union friends” to modify public records laws, while demonizing parents like Nicole Solas who sought records of Critical Race and Gender teaching.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/06/r ... ore-356822
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:37 pm

Could it really be happening :shock:

Colorado officials call on parents to enroll their children in school..........thousands of students missing
https://co.chalkbeat.org/2020/9/29/2149 ... -in-school

Is Homeschooling Killing Public Schooling?
District Fears of Permanent Loss of Students Grounded in Reality.
Public school districts that lost student enrollment during the coronavirus pandemic are facing the prospect those students will stay with their new education choices.

Since funding cuts will come with drops in enrollment, school districts may now have to compete for those students, whose families chose private, religious, and homeschooling options during the school shutdowns and subsequent blocking of reopening by teachers’ unions.

These families may decide to remain in alternative settings, according to education outlet Chalkbeat and the Associated Press (AP).

https://iotwreport.com/is-homeschooling ... schooling/

The U.S. Census Bureau reported in late March that 11.1 percent of K-12 students in the nation are now homeschooling. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... fall-2020/

Critical Racism Theorum and Drag Queen story hour aren't going to help get kids back in school
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:27 am

Long overdue. Get woke go broke fuckers.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:15 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:27 am
11% is enough to get their attention, but not enough to make them change their ways. We need a third of students to opt out.
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:21 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:15 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:27 am
11% is enough to get their attention, but not enough to make them change their ways. We need a third of students to opt out.
I like to think middle America and red states aren't implementing the CRT insanity.
If it's just blue states, and 11% of kids are dropping out, then that's pretty significant.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"