Schools - Taxation without representation

C-Mag

Schools - Taxation without representation

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:10 am

The biggest chunk of almost everyones property taxes is for education. You pay or lose your property. Increasingly you don't get representation in education, and the school administrators run schools like they are top secret national security agencies in terms of transparency. And, when parents start to demand answers, they are getting arrested.

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DBTrek

Re: Schools - Taxation without representation

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:40 am

I'd be interested in hearing our legal pros opinions on this:
https://pjmedia.com/columns/stacey-lenn ... l-n1453259
...Luckily for parents of all backgrounds who object to curricula based on these concepts, America decided in 1791, 1964,1972, and 1990 that these are not acceptable points of view for agencies of the state to enforce. Parents and advocacy groups should use established law based on the First Amendment, the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to remove this curriculum from public and private schools.

In West Virginia State Bd. Of Educ. v. Barnette (1943), the Supreme Court ruled that students in a public school could not be subject to compelled speech. Justice Robert H. Jackson wrote for the majority and determined, based on the Fourteenth Amendment, that boards of education were government agencies.

Further, he found that the requirement, on penalty of expulsion for students who were Jehovah’s Witnesses, to salute the flag was “a compulsion of students to declare a belief” and that it “requires the individual to communicate by word and sign his acceptance of the political ideas,” which was a violation of the First Amendment. Critical theories are political ideas, and no child should be compelled to voice his or her agreement or ownership of the characteristics or motivations these theories assign to them.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 ended segregation in public places and banned employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Title VI of the Act protects people from discrimination based on race, color, or national origin in programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance. Title IX of the Education Amendments in 1972 prohibited discrimination in education based on sex. The ADA makes it illegal to discriminate against people with disabilities at work, in school, and in public spaces...

...It is not legal to tell a child he is oppressed and has no agency any more than it is to tell another that he is an oppressor who holds unearned power in society based on the color of his skin, sex, national origin, religion, or disability. Local and state laws and school district policies prevent the same based on sexual preference and gender identity. It is also not acceptable to require participation in groups or lessons that segregate by any of these characteristics.
I'd like to believe that's true ... but the world is full of midwits who believe themselves to be lawyers, and claim everything they don't like is illegal due to some out-of-context sentence they found on Wikipedia.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am

Well, that's a novel and interesting idea for a class action. I didn't see an actual logical theory based on legal support in that piece, though. I'd say a potential class might have a hard time finding a lawyer to sign off on that lawsuit and actually file it with a court.

Courts can do a few things IRL, but Muh Constitution can probably be discounted as the way out of the systemic assassination of the American culture that's been taking place in the compulsory public schools for many decades with a good old Apple Pie It's Legal Seal of Approval.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:10 am
The biggest chunk of almost everyones property taxes is for education. You pay or lose your property. Increasingly you don't get representation in education, and the school administrators run schools like they are top secret national security agencies in terms of transparency. And, when parents start to demand answers, they are getting arrested.

that's what they get for being dumb enough to live in a commie state. Time to move people.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:08 am

that's what they get for being dumb enough to live in a commie state. Time to move people.
I'm happy to see parents starting get after these school boards and administrators, but the real answer is to pull your kids out. Get school choice passed locally and starve the beast.

Don't participate with people that hate you.
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:33 pm

Fife wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am
Well, that's a novel and interesting idea for a class action. I didn't see an actual logical theory based on legal support in that piece, though. I'd say a potential class might have a hard time finding a lawyer to sign off on that lawsuit and actually file it with a court.

Courts can do a few things IRL, but Muh Constitution can probably be discounted as the way out of the systemic assassination of the American culture that's been taking place in the compulsory public schools for many decades with a good old Apple Pie It's Legal Seal of Approval.
I was afraid that was the case.
I knew it probably wasn't true because when CRT first showed up in classrooms my instant reactions was "No fucking way, the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination like this, it'll never stand". Then I had that reflective moment where I realized "Wait a minute, I'm not a lawyer. And this shit is still happening. And lawyers are aware of it - so I must not know what I'm talking about".
:doh:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:49 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:33 pm
Fife wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 am

I was afraid that was the case.
I knew it probably wasn't true because when CRT first showed up in classrooms my instant reactions was "No fucking way, the Civil Rights Act prohibits discrimination like this, it'll never stand". Then I had that reflective moment where I realized "Wait a minute, I'm not a lawyer. And this shit is still happening. And lawyers are aware of it - so I must not know what I'm talking about".
:doh:
Parents are the only ones that can stop it.
PLATA O PLOMO

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:09 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 am
Zlaxer wrote:

I'm happy to see parents starting get after these school boards and administrators, but the real answer is to pull your kids out. Get school choice passed locally and starve the beast.

the answer is to move to red states and fortify them. the blue states are moving to outlaw remote and home schooling. safety in numbers.

tactical retreat.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:47 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:09 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:19 am
Zlaxer wrote:

the answer is to move to red states and fortify them. the blue states are moving to outlaw remote and home schooling. safety in numbers.

tactical retreat.
:clap:

Red Staters have to get active, and reject this shit. Being in a Red State, Critical Race Theory and Gun Control are non Starters.............. at least right now. We need to get laws on the State books reaffirming Constitutional and Traditional American values and build a legal firewall, because they are coming for us.
PLATA O PLOMO

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:06 am

C-Mag wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:47 am
American values and build a legal firewall, because they are coming for us.
Sounds a lot like the pirate discussion DB was talking about in the other thread.