C-Mag

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by C-Mag » Thu May 13, 2021 11:03 am

Xenophon wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:02 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:58 am
Did Colonial pay up ?
Hours after their files were encrypted, they say.
Well, that's nice incentive.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu May 13, 2021 11:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:51 am
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:42 am
C-Mag wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:37 am
It's not just a pipeline. There was a growing fuel shortage before colonial went down, and small supply chain disruptions in various areas. Globalism is dying and it's taking cheap foreign goods and quick delivery with it.
Supply chain disruptions will still be a problem with short, simple supply lines. The increased costs of using short and simple supply lines are what pushed us towards complex global supply lines in the first place.

Anti-globalism will not solve any of this.
I'm not trying to solve anything. I just recognize the current problems and that globalism is dying. Have you listened to Peter Ziehan ? He seems like someone you would like. Global Strategist, Progressive, lives off stats and what they mean.
I don't believe all his stuff, but I he has benefit and presents a lot of information.
I appreciate the recommendation, and will check it out.

However - there are A LOT of progressives that have been saying globalism is bad, and is dying. It was kind of their whole thing, and one of the many things progressives are wrong about. I remember well the progressive 'Battle In Seattle' documentaries about the WTO protests, and their fawning interviews with Noam Chomsky and CrimeThink/Adbusters/Antifa types.

Anti-globalism is not an invention of the last 5 years. "Globalism is dying" has been a pretty consistent refrain since boat technology got good enough to create global trade.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:07 am

basically everybody in the Anti-Democrat camp is screaming ZOMG inflation all of a sudden, because the Democrats are in charge

if Trump had won, the same people would be saying everything is coming up roses

nothing has actually changed, the Big Lie on the right in America is that Biden has changed the policies, which he hasn't

it's pure partisanship driving all narratives, none of them are to be trusted, certainly not for investment purposes

two seconds before Trump lost, the economy was Tremendous, two seconds later it was a Disaster, whatever

the Democrats have adopted all of Trumps economic policies, nothing has changed in a hundred days

Trump's policies were Democrat policies, he stole their platform, so there is nothing for them to change

Trump is not a conservative, he is a disgruntled New York Democrat and always was

America voted for Democrat style protectionism, now that is coming home to roost

protectionism is just a tax on yourselves, the cost gets passed through to you, the consumer

so just accept what you voted for, this is the result

you wanted a trade war, now you have one, this is how they go, this is how it went in the 70's trade wars too

it was the Democrat trade policies then too, and it was Nixon who adopted them, same as Trump did
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 am

Sounds reductionist and tone deaf to me.
All the Trump supporters I know *knew* trade tariffs were a bad idea.
I'm on record here saying as much.
They also, like myself, encouraged people to get into crypto, precious metals, and inflation stocks as soon as the stimulus packages started coming down the pike.
We knew bad economic policy then, and we know it now too.

But I'm sure Commie Canada media is spinning it hard to convince all the Canucks that "Oh, this is just a bunch of Republicans pooh-poohing the same policies because now Democrats are doing them".
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 am

this is where the long term deflation comes into play

it's not trade which is making jobs go away, it's technology

trying to stave that off with a trade war is misguided, it's a misdiagnosis of the problem

long term deflationary spiral of wages & prices due to technology, it's making the job itself obsolete

jobs were a product of the Industrial Age, and that age is now ending, so protectionism is not helping
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Thu May 13, 2021 11:37 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:07 am
basically everybody in the Anti-Democrat camp is screaming ZOMG inflation all of a sudden, because the Democrats are in charge

nothing has actually changed, the Big Lie on the right in America is that Biden has changed the policies, which he hasn't

it's pure partisanship driving all narratives, none of them are to be trusted, certainly not for investment purposes

two seconds before Trump lost, the economy was Tremendous, two seconds later it was a Disaster, whatever

the Democrats have adopted all of Trumps economic policies, nothing has changed in a hundred days

Trump's policies were Democrat policies, he stole their platform, so there is nothing for them to change

Trump is not a conservative, he is a disgruntled New York Democrat and always was

America voted for Democrat style protectionism, now that is coming home to roost

protectionism is just a tax on yourselves, the cost gets passed through to you, the consumer

you wanted a trade war, now you have one, this is how they go, this is how it went in the 70's trade wars too

it was the Democrat trade policies then too, and it was Nixon who adopted them, same as Trump did
I have to disagree, some of us were worried about the spending before, but we also wanted the economy to be back to where it was, with COVID and the over-hyping of the bullshit they were pushing... the republicans were in many ways being pushed in too many directions...

Now the Democrats control everything, and they are spending money like a drunken sailor, (I apologize to the drunken sailors for that analogy, for when they run out of money, they can't buy anymore, while congress just makes the money machine go burrrr.) and just don't give a shit about what people think.

This entire situation has been exasperated by the DNC spending plan... If this country was allowed to get back on its feet and the people themselves allowed to go back to work without the fucking masks, I honestly think this entire situation would not have existed...

But the DNC made sure it has, and in turn, the chickens have come home to roost.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:39 am

The Conservative wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:37 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:07 am

I have to disagree, some of us were worried about the spending before, but we also wanted the economy to be back to where it was, with COVID and the over-hyping of the bullshit they were pushing... the republicans were in many ways being pushed in too many directions...

Now the Democrats control everything, and they are spending money like a drunken sailor
the debt went up 36% under Trump, that's drunken sailor too, but whatever
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:35 am

But I'm sure Commie Canada
unlike "anti-Commie" America which has adopted all Commie Canadian policies verbatim now, lulz
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 am
DBTrek wrote:

unlike "anti-Commie" America which has adopted all Commie Canadian policies verbatim now, lulz
Our pastors are preaching every Sunday.
What's up?

Ohhhhhhhhh-snap.
Nice try tho.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 11:46 am

DBTrek wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 am
DBTrek wrote:

Our pastors are preaching every Sunday.
What's up?

Ohhhhhhhhh-snap.
Nice try tho.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/fl ... s-n1172276

/shrugs
Nec Aspera Terrent