Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

The Conservative

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:49 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:30 am
Biden's doing it! He's bringing down gas prices!

Full tweet:
https://twitter.com/dccc/status/1466494 ... -of-gas%2F

They really do think we are this stupid.
What most people don't realize is that gas won't be released until 2022...
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:45 am

PartyOf5 wrote:

Full tweet:

They do. Look at all the media they put out, from tweets to tv shows. If you don't agree with them you are too stupid to live, and it's been going on a long time. Global warming, green energy, systemic racism, bat aids. The Jab is getting to be a big red pill, and will continue to be. The truths are just starting to get out. In a year, everyone will know they were hoodwinked.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:44 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:45 am
PartyOf5 wrote:

Full tweet:

They do. Look at all the media they put out, from tweets to tv shows. If you don't agree with them you are too stupid to live, and it's been going on a long time. Global warming, green energy, systemic racism, bat aids. The Jab is getting to be a big red pill, and will continue to be. The truths are just starting to get out. In a year, everyone will know they were hoodwinked.
I don't think it's going to take that long...

42% approval rating for Biden, with only 23% strongly approving... that means that 19% think he is either doing an ok job, or a meh, but not negatively impact... that is not good for Biden period.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:18 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:44 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:45 am
PartyOf5 wrote:

Full tweet:

I don't think it's going to take that long...

42% approval rating for Biden, with only 23% strongly approving... that means that 19% think he is either doing an ok job, or a meh, but not negatively impact... that is not good for Biden period.
I guessed a year because that's how long it took the general public from understanding Joe Biden was incompetent to openly chanting Fuck Joe Biden in football stands, now Let's Go Brandon is global. I see no reason for the pattern not to replicate itself with the dangers and deaths of the Jab. However it will be much more personal and people will be far more passionate about it. There are going to be some conflicts between the 25% kool aid drinkers that will never admit it, and everyone else.
PLATA O PLOMO

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:56 am

I just searched unions and this thread came up. So I'm putting this here. I've been listening to Nick and his panels (colloquially becoming known as "LawTube") quite a bit lately. They have lots of solid legal insights but present it in a more informal manner. Think lawyers talking shop at a bar with hilarious banter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:47 am

Every trip to the grocery store is an adventure. Never know what will be fully stocked and what seemingly random stuff will be completely gone.

The sure things are that there will be common items we want that will be out of stock and many items have gone up in price since a few weeks ago.

I have a feeling some people are already hoarding for the (next) apocalypse based on things like noodles and rice being wiped clean like they were when COVID hit.

2022 is going to be a free-for-all the way things are going.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:57 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:47 am
Every trip to the grocery store is an adventure. Never know what will be fully stocked and what seemingly random stuff will be completely gone.

The sure things are that there will be common items we want that will be out of stock and many items have gone up in price since a few weeks ago.

I have a feeling some people are already hoarding for the (next) apocalypse based on things like noodles and rice being wiped clean like they were when COVID hit.

2022 is going to be a free-for-all the way things are going.
The wife and I are making a run tonight. I'll let you know what I see.

I too suspect people are stocking up, and they should. Everyone has experienced inflation of 30-50% in the last 9 months. Some of the buying may be investing. A smart person with some resources is going to be able to look at the situation and try to save 50% on their food bill in 2023 just by stocking up.
PLATA O PLOMO

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:52 am

More firsthand accounts.

Went to a sub shop the other day to get dinner for the family. Got there around 5pm. As I'm waiting in line, the manager is posting signs on the doors that read "Due a staffing shortage we will be closing at 7pm tonight". Places like these still can't get enough people to work. I never saw things like this prior to 2021. Just this year I've seen at least a half dozen closings like this in person, and I work from home every day so I don't shop at stores that often.

Wife made a trip for a few items at grocery store the other night. She was shocked by the prices at the deli. For her to mention it is a big warning sign. Prices on lots of things are now jumping way past any raises we will see. It's not just gas or a few select food items. It's everything. Sadly, I bet this will lead half the population to just cry for more handouts from the government, continuing the downward spiral.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:00 am

This thread is beginning to look like just my personal diary.

More firsthand accounts. Places like Best Buy have ZERO car stereos in stock. Not just at the local locations I checked across the country. Very few left in their warehouses.

I even checked places outside of best Buy and they all have the same story They have a couple left, but have no idea when they will get any additional inventory.

Christmas is going to suck up any remaining inventory on anything with a chip. 2022 is going to start off painful for a lot of people as consumers won't be able to buy products no matter the price because there won't be anything to buy (sounding like USSR yet?). Businesses will be laying off employees because they have nothing to sell.

Best Buy is currently running with about 5 employees working at any time. A 6th employee is not literally a cop, doing nothing but manning the door for theft.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:24 am

I have a brother who farms 2400 acres of wheat plus some other stuff.

Fertilizer 18 months ago was $250 per ton, it is now nearly $800 per ton. Nitrogen Fertilizers are the backbone of our steady grain production. All fertilizer is up 200% - 300%. Those costs will be reflected in food costs. Some farmers won't be able to front the money for fertilizer as they are also getting hit fuel, oil, tire increases. The farmers that don't use fertilizers will see a drastic drop in production. This will affect the supply.
PLATA O PLOMO