#NotOneRedCent

clubgop

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by clubgop » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:57 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:31 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:23 pm
So local grocery store seems the most full I've seen in a while, except for one thing, milk. There is almost no milk available.
The one we went to today was packed with both people & merchandise but no cream cheese.
Yeah similar issue, plenty of diary farms around no problem getting milk. Processed diary is the problem. As I understand it to keep up with demand diary farmers are producing milk and then shipping it straight out. Because it is subsidized they do better on that than milk for other purposes.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:12 pm

Even the mainstream is telling you of the coming food shortages
The world is facing the prospect of a dramatic shortfall in food production as rising energy prices cascade through global agriculture, the CEO of Norwegian fertilizer giant Yara International says.

"I want to say this loud and clear right now, that we risk a very low crop in the next harvest," said Svein Tore Holsether, the CEO and president of the Oslo-based company. "I’m afraid we’re going to have a food crisis."
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/going-fo ... 55366.html
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:16 pm

Over the past few weeks I've had conversations with multiple people who work in and manage various auto/cycle/ATV shops. All are facing significant parts shortages that are lasting up to 10 weeks. Manufacturers have already informed them of across the board price increases of around 8% starting January 1.

Thing are going to get ugly once Christmas is over, if not before.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:30 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:16 pm
Over the past few weeks I've had conversations with multiple people who work in and manage various auto/cycle/ATV shops. All are facing significant parts shortages that are lasting up to 10 weeks. Manufacturers have already informed them of across the board price increases of around 8% starting January 1.

I'm hearing the same, and parts that are being shipped often have significant quality control issues.

I too believe things are going to get ugly after Xmas. That's when all the firings for the jab are going to happen.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:32 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:

Well good thing my wife just got an 10% raise.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:35 am

Companies will hold off as much as they can on price increases until after Christmas. Same with keeping employees. Once Christmas has passed the bloodletting will begin. Employment will go down, prices will go up, and shortages will increase.

I've pivoted from cleaning out the garage and storage shed to clinging to anything potentially useful. Things I used to scrap or give up on fixing are now being kept for any use I can get out of them when things get really scarce.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:02 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:35 am
Companies will hold off as much as they can on price increases until after Christmas. Same with keeping employees. Once Christmas has passed the bloodletting will begin. Employment will go down, prices will go up, and shortages will increase.

I've pivoted from cleaning out the garage and storage shed to clinging to anything potentially useful. Things I used to scrap or give up on fixing are now being kept for any use I can get out of them when things get really scarce.
Sounds about right.
This is the depression era mindset, not a bad one to have.
PLATA O PLOMO

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:30 am

C-Mag wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:30 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:

I'm hearing the same, and parts that are being shipped often have significant quality control issues.

I too believe things are going to get ugly after Xmas. That's when all the firings for the jab are going to happen.
We will see much of the ramifications of the layoffs/firing by the New Year. By January the Regime and many corporations will begin to change course and reverse vaccine orders. They won't be able to function if 8% or more of their workforce is not there. They being corporations, bureaucracies, organizations etc. The data for hospitalizations for people fully vaxed will be in the mainstream and impossible to ignore as well.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:49 am

I am hoping that we will see an implosion of the school system. I think that the teachers' union has overreached and I hope that we have reached terminal velocity. It would only take around 10% of student withdrawal to start fucking with their budgets and then the house of cards would crumble. That would be a great start to changing the tides.