Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

DBTrek

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by DBTrek » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:22 pm
What used to happen was that the EU drivers would cross the channel and take their cargo all the way to the customers.
Now they drop it at the port and turn around.
In prison everyone has to do what the authorities say and supplies are available at the commissary.
Free food, housing, education, and medical care.
Sounds like a Monte paradise, frankly.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:35 pm
Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:25 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:22 pm
What used to happen was that the EU drivers would cross the channel and take their cargo all the way to the customers.
Now they drop it at the port and turn around.
Sounds like there is new opportunity. Pretend that the cargo is brown and go take it over already.
I've no idea what point you are trying to make.
We're talking about shortages and inflation but you are talking about Afghanis and brown cargo.
I think you are lost.
You are crying about Brexit and sitting there wondering about how stuff will get from your shores to your door if some white guy ain't gonna do your bidding, I mean drive your trucks. Poles and Irish, amirite? Brexit is the problem though.

The level of lost is truly astounding sometimes.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:42 pm

Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:44 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Sounds like there is new opportunity. Pretend that the cargo is brown and go take it over already.
We're talking about shortages and inflation but you are talking about Afghanis and brown cargo.
I think you are lost.
You are crying about Brexit and sitting there wondering about how stuff will get from your shores to your door if some white guy ain't gonna do your bidding, I mean drive your trucks. Poles and Irish, amirite? Brexit is the problem though.

What the fuck have the trucker's skin colour got to do with anything?
We're short of drivers because it's low paid work so it's not attracting young people and older drivers are switching to van driving.
EU drivers now need visas so they can't deliver all the way to the customer.
The EU drivers didn't live here, they weren't immigrants they just dropped off their load and then picked up a load going back to Europe. So that's two trips that now have to be done by British drivers and their aren't enough of them.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:16 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:42 pm
Haumana wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

I think you are lost.

We're short of drivers because it's low paid work so it's not attracting young people and older drivers are switching to van driving.
The EU drivers didn't live here, they weren't immigrants they just dropped off their load and then picked up a load going back to Europe. So that's two trips that now have to be done by British drivers and their aren't enough of them.
Oh. I think you spelled color wrong.

Figure it out already. Brexit for the win!

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:44 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

I think you are lost.

You have an unemployment rate of 4.8%. How long does it take to learn to drive a truck?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:07 am

Hastur wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:44 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Haumana wrote:

You have an unemployment rate of 4.8%. How long does it take to learn to drive a truck?
I don't know how long it takes but the training costs about £4,000.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Lots of reports of farmers being paid by the government to destroy their crops.
If you care to see some https://rumble.com/vln384-farmers-destr ... -wide.html

The Department of Agriculture denies it https://whbl.com/2021/08/31/is-there-tr ... roy-crops/

During COVID crops were destroyed as people weren't buying certain foods https://news.yahoo.com/u-farmers-forced ... 14098.html

I'm in farm and ranch country, I haven't seen any of this. I'm calling hoax on it.

But knowing the Commies are in charge, they love to control the food supply and limit food available, so it makes you wonder.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:31 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:41 pm

The Department of Agriculture denies it https://whbl.com/2021/08/31/is-there-tr ... roy-crops/

During COVID crops were destroyed as people weren't buying certain foods https://news.yahoo.com/u-farmers-forced ... 14098.html

I'm in farm and ranch country, I haven't seen any of this. I'm calling hoax on it.

But knowing the Commies are in charge, they love to control the food supply and limit food available, so it makes you wonder.
Yeah, I don't think this is true, none of the farmers in my family have said anything about it. I do know, if farmers are unable to sell their crop for some reason, it may be cheaper to just destroy it than harvest it and store it.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:36 am

TheOneX wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:31 am

Yeah, I don't think this is true, none of the farmers in my family have said anything about it. I do know, if farmers are unable to sell their crop for some reason, it may be cheaper to just destroy it than harvest it and store it.
Tell it to the folks chewing my ass about switchgrass biodiesel.
They think all land should only be used to grow food because we can never have enough.
Derp.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:15 am

TheOneX wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:31 am
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:41 pm

If you were supplying the catering trade and lost all your customers during the lockdowns there's not much point in harvesting.

Farms often don't have the capacity to store fruit and veg' in the correct conditions because the crop usually goes straight to the processors.
Once the processing plants shut down for lack of demand the crop becomes almost worthless.
Potato farmers were hit particularly hard when the demand for fries disappeared.
The cost of harvesting, in fuel and labour etc, is just throwing good money after bad.