Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 am

but overall, it's a deflationary world, technology driving prices & wages down on the long view
It has been a deflationary world. Blaming all inflation on supply chain disruptions might not be the way to keep it that way.

For instance - one of the technologies that has helped drive down prices for consumer goods is the technology that helps us manage increasingly complex supply lines. If we decide those supply lines are the problem, we might decide to shorten and simplify them, which will probably only add to inflation.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 am
bottom line tho, the inflation crisis of the late 70's brought all the lunacy of the 1960's to a dead stop overnight

nobody gave a shit about hippie protesting anymore, the net result of Inflation was Reagan, Thatcher & Gingrich

so bring it on
Again - I hope you are right. I am concerned you might be wrong.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:00 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 am

but overall, it's a deflationary world, technology driving prices & wages down on the long view
It has been a deflationary world. Blaming all inflation on supply chain disruptions might not be the way to keep it that way.

For instance - one of the technologies that has helped drive down prices for consumer goods is the technology that helps us manage increasingly complex supply lines. If we decide those supply lines are the problem, we might decide to shorten and simplify them, which will probably only add to inflation.
the inflation I am seeing is related to trying to prop things up in the face of a long depression

they are trying to hide the depression by printing money, it's an attempt to reinflate a bubble which already popped
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:04 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 am
bottom line tho, the inflation crisis of the late 70's brought all the lunacy of the 1960's to a dead stop overnight

nobody gave a shit about hippie protesting anymore, the net result of Inflation was Reagan, Thatcher & Gingrich

so bring it on
Again - I hope you are right. I am concerned you might be wrong.
don't concern yourself with that which is beyond your control

you can always figure out a work around, unless you are saddled with kids and a mortgage you can't afford that is

but the people who deserve to be crushed will be crushed, the wrath of God is cruel, but fair

the silent majority has been voting for lunacy, there will be a reckoning, and rightly so
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:09 am

furthermore, they are too overstretched now to handle late 70's style 20% stagflation

that will implode the economy and bring the establishment down

chaos is a ladder, yeehaw
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu May 13, 2021 10:16 am

Well, I can predict with near oracular perfection the NPR segment that will be aired sometime in the near future. It will be on inflation, and the fiscally conservative guest will say it was entirely predictable in the face of expanding entitlements by printing money, and the host and fiscally liberal guest will condescendingly explain that it is really supply chain disruptions, and the solution is more infrastructure spending.

Bet on it.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am

Colonial Pipeline was given 5 Million from the Government, and paid out that same amount in ransom money to the hackers. According to the Department of the Treasury, Ransom payments are illegal.

How's this going to shake out, boys? My guess is that nothing happens, no one is punished, the government continues to operate beyond criticism, and everything keeps sucking.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am

don't you guys want a Disruptor ?

never mind Trump, he had four years in office and did jack shit for you

inflation is the Disruptor you are looking for, it's the only thing which will curtail the left
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Thu May 13, 2021 10:19 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am
don't you guys want a Disruptor ?

never mind Trump, he had four years in office and did jack shit for you

inflation is the Disruptor you are looking for, it's the only thing which will curtail the left
I want Justice.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 am

Xenophon wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am
and everything keeps sucking.
nothing has sucked in my entire life so far, it's been one big romantic adventure

I lived through the last inflation crisis, which was severe

I remember it fondly, we weren't drowning in consumer products, but it was good times none the less
Nec Aspera Terrent