Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:37 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:31 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:29 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:28 am

It's called the gutting of Amerika. There's not enough ports to import all the stuff we're buying by inflating the fuck out of King Dollah.
If I understand, they’ve decided to cut off all imports to CONUS, in favor of California…
there's plenty of other COnUS ports. That's not what this is - you think UPAC like CA?
Those words don’t compute. Especially when you just quoted yourself saying that there aren’t enough ports. You ok?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:04 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:00 am

A lot of middle eastern spices, Asian herbs,etc... I would love to say the US would be all set, but honestly, unless the US diversifies it's growing profile, we will lose a lot of things we see year round.
That's actually normal, and we need to embrace it. One thing Americans need a bunch of is doing without.

When I was a kid in the 70s, you couldn't get fruit year round. It was kind of a big deal when you got the first oranges of the season finally shipped to your backwater town.
I remember that as well, and I wish we would go to that route again, but there is nothing from us growing a lot of what we take as "luxury" to be grown year-round either. I am working on so many concepts right now it's not funny, but I am working Hydroponics system that can grow things through normal life cycles year-round. I am perfecting the system slowly, and it has taken a few years because nothing is "simple"... but most of my Asian spices I grow myself now.

If I can do it, I am sure some person out there with a head for entrepreneurship and has capital could easily provide resources regionally year-round.

I still think we could do the same for some fruits and vegetables as well.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:41 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am
C-Mag wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:00 am

A lot of middle eastern spices, Asian herbs,etc... I would love to say the US would be all set, but honestly, unless the US diversifies it's growing profile, we will lose a lot of things we see year round.
That's actually normal, and we need to embrace it. One thing Americans need a bunch of is doing without.

When I was a kid in the 70s, you couldn't get fruit year round. It was kind of a big deal when you got the first oranges of the season finally shipped to your backwater town.
I remember that as well, and I wish we would go to that route again, but there is nothing from us growing a lot of what we take as "luxury" to be grown year-round either. I am working on so many concepts right now it's not funny, but I am working Hydroponics system that can grow things through normal life cycles year-round. I am perfecting the system slowly, and it has taken a few years because nothing is "simple"... but most of my Asian spices I grow myself now.

If I can do it, I am sure some person out there with a head for entrepreneurship and has capital could easily provide resources regionally year-round.

Main problem there is that it won’t be profitable to try, until the imports are more expensive.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:53 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:41 am
The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 am
C-Mag wrote:

Main problem there is that it won’t be profitable to try, until the imports are more expensive.
I don't know about that, hydroponics and aeroponics have a large upfront cost, but the long term is very cost effective.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:02 am

My philosophy,

Don't get cute, just grow food
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:02 am
My philosophy,

That's what I am doing, but what I am trying to do is grow an acre of food in 1/4th of said space...this is where I am having an issue, is an expansion of my working system... because we also have to deal with some vegetables, herbs, etc don't all the like the same type of "soil" and water saturation.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:13 am

C-Mag wrote:
My philosophy,

This.

Using a big infrastructure to do something exotic just makes you more dependent.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:32 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:13 am
C-Mag wrote:
My philosophy,

This.

Using a big infrastructure to do something exotic just makes you more dependent.
If we can get farmers to grow things again, that wouldn't be an issue, but the problem is that the majority of farmers today are set in their ways and a lot of "exotic" foods tend to require specialty stuff to make it work here in the US.
#NotOneRedCent

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:08 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:37 am
Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:31 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:29 am

If I understand, they’ve decided to cut off all imports to CONUS, in favor of California…
there's plenty of other COnUS ports. That's not what this is - you think UPAC like CA?
Those words don’t compute. Especially when you just quoted yourself saying that there aren’t enough ports. You ok?

Got me - meant not enough ports in ca to import all the Commie slave goods from Chi-Nah.

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:10 am

The Conservative wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:32 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:13 am
C-Mag wrote:
My philosophy,

This.

If we can get farmers to grow things again, that wouldn't be an issue, but the problem is that the majority of farmers today are set in their ways and a lot of "exotic" foods tend to require specialty stuff to make it work here in the US.

we have tons of food producing land in US - we dont have many electronic manufacturers and American can prob do without the rubber dog shit from Chi-Nah.