Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

C-Mag

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by C-Mag » Thu May 13, 2021 8:52 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:47 am
doc_loliday wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 8:46 am
Infrastructure is going to have to be put on hold, until we solve systemic racism.
:clap:
:lol:
Well played Sir.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu May 13, 2021 9:19 am

I am a little concerned that all of the talk about temporary supply chain disruption is being used as a way to obfuscate the connection of inflation to printing money hand-over-fist.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:26 am

I would welcome the onset of inflation & rising interest rates

take away the punch bowl which is subsidizing all the lunacy, please do

the silent majority is not going to put a stop to any of it, until they feel real pain

that being said, core inflation is 2% right now, which is still historically low
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu May 13, 2021 9:31 am

I wouldn't be worried with 2% inflation either since it is sort of accepted as the ideal target. I have seen north of 4% reported year over year - which is a little more concerning if not addressed.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:34 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:31 am
I wouldn't be worried with 2% inflation either since it is sort of accepted as the ideal target. I have seen north of 4% reported year over year - which is a little more concerning if not addressed.
inflation could come out of nowhere, it can onset fast, it did last time there was a crisis

but that crisis got rid of leftist philosopher kings like Pierre Trudeau & Jimmy Carter, so there was a silver lining

the rise of inflation will herald the resurgence of the right

so long as Justin Trudeau can print money to buy elections, he will be dictator for life
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 am

Which brings me back to my original point - if the leftist philosopher kings can convince everyone that the inflation is caused by temporary supply chain problems that they have fixed they may be allowed to continue their philosophering and kinging and whatnot.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:39 am

Thu May 13, 2021 9:38 am
Which brings me back to my original point - if the leftist philosopher kings can convince everyone that the inflation is caused by temporary supply chain problems that they have fixed they may be allowed to continue their philosophering and kinging and whatnot.
well it's true, rising oil prices or lumber prices or grocery prices, are not indicators of core inflation

it's like lumber is expensive because a shortage of Canadian lumber, plus Trump put tariffs on it

it's like you put a huge tariff on already finite lumber inventories, then wonder why the price went up ?

what I am seeing is price increases related to protectionism on both sides of the border

protected cartels raise prices with impunity, who knew ?

they also passed a carbon tax here, that's a tax on everything, so prices for everything went up, quelle surprise
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Thu May 13, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Thu May 13, 2021 9:47 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:39 am
well it's true, rising oil prices or lumber prices or grocery prices, are not indicators of core inflation

it's like lumber is expensive because a shortage of Canadian lumber, plus Trump put tariffs on it

it's like you put a huge tariff on already finite lumber inventories, then wonder why the price went up ?

what I am seeing is price increases related to protectionism on both sides of the borer
They aren't proof of core inflation. But they are certainly indicators of potential core inflation. I hope you are right - that core inflation is only 2%, and that the .8% month over month inflation can be explained entirely by supply chain disruptions.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:49 am

Thu May 13, 2021 9:47 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 9:39 am

what I am seeing is price increases related to protectionism on both sides of the borer
They aren't proof of core inflation. But they are certainly indicators of potential core inflation. I hope you are right - that core inflation is only 2%, and that the .8% month over month inflation can be explained entirely by supply chain disruptions.
I'm not saying there wont be near term inflation

but overall, it's a deflationary world, technology driving prices & wages down on the long view
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 am

bottom line tho, the inflation crisis of the late 70's brought all the lunacy of the 1960's to a dead stop overnight

nobody gave a shit about hippie protesting anymore, the net result of Inflation was Reagan, Thatcher & Gingrich

so bring it on
Nec Aspera Terrent