Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:54 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:00 pm
SilverEagle wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:31 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:38 am

They have to be recycled, otherwise we won't have enough materials for new EVs.
Sounds good in the surface but there is not an industrial solution to recycling these EV batteries and a big debate on if it’s even possible to reuse these materials for new batteries. A big issue is each manufacturer has a different blend of materials to make up EV batteries.

So I guess if recycling going to happen you will need industry standards for battery make up.

As of right now EVs are far worse for the environment vs combustion engine vehicles.

Once you figure out recycling of batteries, build nuke power plants, and clean up lithium mines across the world, then EVs being green will have a leg to stand on when speaking about being green. Until then environmentalist can kiss my ass.
While there are still major hurdles to jump in regards to mass EV adoption, I don't agree with the statement that they are worse for the environment. The data pretty clearly shows that EVs create less emissions than combustion engines. That will only improve as less of our power comes from fossil fuels. Recycling batteries isn't a new thing, is just a matter of scale and cost. We recycle almost all lead acid batteries, no reason why we couldn't for lithium-ion batteries.
Source needed.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Without nuclear, how could EVs possibly be real?
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:29 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:00 pm
SilverEagle wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:31 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:38 am

They have to be recycled, otherwise we won't have enough materials for new EVs.
Sounds good in the surface but there is not an industrial solution to recycling these EV batteries and a big debate on if it’s even possible to reuse these materials for new batteries. A big issue is each manufacturer has a different blend of materials to make up EV batteries.

So I guess if recycling going to happen you will need industry standards for battery make up.

As of right now EVs are far worse for the environment vs combustion engine vehicles.

Once you figure out recycling of batteries, build nuke power plants, and clean up lithium mines across the world, then EVs being green will have a leg to stand on when speaking about being green. Until then environmentalist can kiss my ass.
While there are still major hurdles to jump in regards to mass EV adoption, I don't agree with the statement that they are worse for the environment. The data pretty clearly shows that EVs create less emissions than combustion engines. That will only improve as less of our power comes from fossil fuels. Recycling batteries isn't a new thing, is just a matter of scale and cost. We recycle almost all lead acid batteries, no reason why we couldn't for lithium-ion batteries.
Lol what have you been reading? The environmental cost of mining the minerals where the epa has zero jurisdiction are horrible. Plus what creates the electricity that powers the EVs?! Oh that’s right….because the left banned new nuclear power plants we are relying on fossil fuel power plants. Which by the way can’t support the grid if everyone was EV.

But go ahead and tell me why they are better for the environment at this stage of the game. Lolololol
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:13 am

Worlds largest produce market is on fire. Hundreds of years old, but now it’s flammable.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/watch ... rket-paris

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:35 am

Keep an eye on gas prices today. This morning our area (many places, not just 1 or 2 stations) rose their price of regular unleaded 54 cents overnight.

Our area has had a 10% ethanol mandate for years, so maybe it's due to the winter blend of gas that comes around this time, but even that would not explain this kind of price hike.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:31 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:35 am
Keep an eye on gas prices today. This morning our area (many places, not just 1 or 2 stations) rose their price of regular unleaded 54 cents overnight.

Our area has had a 10% ethanol mandate for years, so maybe it's due to the winter blend of gas that comes around this time, but even that would not explain this kind of price hike.
Wait until after the elections. They’ll stop pulling oil from the reserves and prices will spike up again. Probably close to $6 a gallon.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:39 am

So gas prices are on the way back up already. Inflation is still over 8%. The stock market is under 29,000 and many have lost around 25% this year. These are all things you read about in the media, even if those sources are not coming from MSM.

Another thing you don't hear about is what recent retirees are going through. I've spoken to a number of friends and acquaintances over the past month that have recently retired, like within the past 2 years. The majority of the people I spoke to are now looking for or have already found part-time jobs. Biden's economy is forcing them back into the workforce as inflation and the tanking stock market destroys their savings.

Watch for the employment numbers to be boosted because of this. Then also watch as the Biden administration takes credit for it as a boost to the economy that people are getting back to work. They will spin this as a positive when the underlying truth is that these are people who already put 40+ years in and just wanted to retire peacefully.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:29 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:39 am
So gas prices are on the way back up already. Inflation is still over 8%. The stock market is under 29,000 and many have lost around 25% this year. These are all things you read about in the media, even if those sources are not coming from MSM.

Another thing you don't hear about is what recent retirees are going through. I've spoken to a number of friends and acquaintances over the past month that have recently retired, like within the past 2 years. The majority of the people I spoke to are now looking for or have already found part-time jobs. Biden's economy is forcing them back into the workforce as inflation and the tanking stock market destroys their savings.

Watch for the employment numbers to be boosted because of this. Then also watch as the Biden administration takes credit for it as a boost to the economy that people are getting back to work. They will spin this as a positive when the underlying truth is that these are people who already put 40+ years in and just wanted to retire peacefully.
Some advice on investing. When you get close to retirement convert your investments into either dividend stocks and/or I-Bonds. The dividend stocks are to provide income without selling stocks, this way you are not decreasing your number of assets you have making yourself more resistant to downturns in the economy. I-Bonds are pegged to the inflation rate. So the real value of your invested money never changes. There is no potential for growth, but there is also no risk for loss.

Another plus of dividend investing is once you die, you can pass all of your investments onto your children, putting them in a much better financial situation, building up that generational wealth. Looking towards the future, this strategy may also be a good alternative to UBI in an AI and Robotics dominated workforce.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:00 am

Something just hit me. What is the combination of double digit inflation (no way it's as low as the government reported 8%) and rapidly rising mortgage rates (now over 7%) doing to those with adjustable rate mortgages?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:58 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:00 am
Something just hit me. What is the combination of double digit inflation (no way it's as low as the government reported 8%) and rapidly rising mortgage rates (now over 7%) doing to those with adjustable rate mortgages?
They’ll be wiped out just like 2008.

But nobody has bought ARMs since 2008 either.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace