Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:43 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:53 am
I've noticed that along with rising prices and shortages of product has come deteriorating service. Not every business, but a lot more places than in the past have really crappy service, and this across all types of businesses.

The younger workers (not sure if it's Gen Y or Z or a combination) are rallying around "quiet quitting", which is doing the bare minimum and your job to not get fired. So much for working your ass off to show you deserve a raise or promotion. If the company sucks, then use that experience to find a better one. Now the attitude is "give me what I feel I deserve and promote e to what I want or else I won't work hard".
Inevitable result of over-exploitation. Eventually, the camel just stops pulling.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:19 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:43 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
I've noticed that along with rising prices and shortages of product has come deteriorating service. Not every business, but a lot more places than in the past have really crappy service, and this across all types of businesses.

The younger workers (not sure if it's Gen Y or Z or a combination) are rallying around "quiet quitting", which is doing the bare minimum and your job to not get fired. So much for working your ass off to show you deserve a raise or promotion. If the company sucks, then use that experience to find a better one. Now the attitude is "give me what I feel I deserve and promote e to what I want or else I won't work hard".
Inevitable result of over-exploitation. Eventually, the camel just stops pulling.
Gen Y and Gen Z are our “European style” generations. The lazy slack asses looking for high pay and benefits for minimal work and handouts. Gen X was/is the last real working American generation and we are the smallest…….this country…..is fucked.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:10 pm

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:46 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:10 pm
https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/m ... r-election

Accurate or gold bug hype?
Yes to both.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:39 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:

Good topic of discussion.

I've noticed as well. Wrangler star put out his best content in years on this subject recently. He empathizes with young gens.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:12 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:39 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:

Good topic of discussion.

I've noticed as well. Wrangler star put out his best content in years on this subject recently. He empathizes with young gens.
I’ve got no problem with quite quitting. Supply and demand. Work as much as needed to not get fired is doing what you are being paid for. We don’t expect employers to pay above market rates, so why should we expect workers to work above wages? Why work more than what you are being compensated for unless it is worth it to you? If these kids don't want to try to get noticed, so be it. They’ll get fired eventually if they are not productive. Unless the cult high priests issue a fatwa against firing.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:54 am

I think corpos are pushing this as an excuse to get people back into the office.

The workers know how much slack time there is in a typical day, and they know what they need to do to appear productive.

This is all about forcing employers to measure results, instead of hours served at the mill.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:32 am

I'm all for measuring productivity rather than time spent. I have seen too many co-workers over the years brag/complain about how many hours they put in, yet they never seem to get much done.

As for the quiet quitting, working above your pay grade is one track to getting promoted and getting raises. The next step for these quiet quitters will be complaining about how they are stuck in the same job and don't get better opportunities offered to them. In a room full of people with the same job descriptions, I want to be seen as more valuable to the company than the rest. QQs will be the first to be outsourced of laid off.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:06 pm

You will eat bugs

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:24 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:06 pm
You will eat bugs

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochineal

The cochineal (/ˌkɒtʃəˈniːl, ˌkoʊ-/ KOCH-ə-NEEL, KOH-; /ˈkɒtʃəniːl, ˈkoʊ-/ KOCH-ə-neel, KOH-;[1] scientific name: Dactylopius coccus) is a scale insect in the suborder Sternorrhyncha, from which the natural dye carmine is derived
It’s a dye.