Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Martin Hash

Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:55 am

What low interest rates did was jack up the stock market, jack up housing prices, jack up car prices, jack up the price of everything that people borrow money for. That's been happening for a decade: the real inflation is in non-commodities: it's got to be 100%+

Also, all that money concentrated. Now the gap between what used to be a normal income is so large as to create a de facto aristocracy. When I got married, we were both going to college working part-time. We had a cheap car, cheap apartment, and still went to Europe for a month. Then we bought a house (19% interest!), a car, and had 3 kids who needed baby-sitting, all on the income of entry-level jobs with no help from anywhere. Can't do that now, even though there's a 1000 times more money out there.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am

^^^ Agree ^^^

As the US Petro dollar loses is stranglehold as reserve currency, all those dollars have to come back home. You ain't seen shit yet. Have of the US money supply is outside the country and is going to come home in the next 20 years.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am
^^^ Agree ^^^

As the US Petro dollar loses is stranglehold as reserve currency, all those dollars have to come back home. You ain't seen shit yet. Have of the US money supply is outside the country and is going to come home in the next 20 years.

Who holds dollars these days?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:54 pm

Zlaxer wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:33 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:25 am
^^^ Agree ^^^

Who holds dollars these days?
Only the banks and central banks.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:43 pm

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Zlaxer

Post by Zlaxer » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:40 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:43 pm
Watched Jay Martin who thinks those pushing inflation know exactly what they are doing - it’s to set the stage to bring in a CBDC which will lead to UBI and absolute control for elites.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:09 am

Big ticket items like houses & cars were inflated because borrowing money was so cheap. Now they're so expensive, people with normal incomes can't buy them. There needs to be inflation combined with high interest rates to get incomes up to those high housing prices.

I hadn't been to a restaurant in a while and was shocked yesterday to see that prices have doubled. That means tips have doubled too.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:14 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:09 am
Big ticket items like houses & cars were inflated because borrowing money was so cheap. Now they're so expensive, people with normal incomes can't buy them. There needs to be inflation combined with high interest rates to get incomes up to those high housing prices.

I hadn't been to a restaurant in a while and was shocked yesterday to see that prices have doubled. That means tips have doubled too.
Depends on where you go. I’ve seen a 30% rise in going out to eat myself.
#NotOneRedCent

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:32 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:09 am

Yup, I’m happy that my wife and I are in the situation that we are in, own our home and three cars, side x side, and pontoon boat. If we tried to build that now with our incomes it would be extremely difficult if not impossible and we make a good living.

We were out with our three kids and went to Rise Pies (pizza place where you can customize personal pizzas. The total for five personal pizzas and 5 fountain drinks was $80! That is insane! This economy is unsustainable and the people in power know it. 100% international.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:53 am

I've noticed that along with rising prices and shortages of product has come deteriorating service. Not every business, but a lot more places than in the past have really crappy service, and this across all types of businesses.

The younger workers (not sure if it's Gen Y or Z or a combination) are rallying around "quiet quitting", which is doing the bare minimum and your job to not get fired. So much for working your ass off to show you deserve a raise or promotion. If the company sucks, then use that experience to find a better one. Now the attitude is "give me what I feel I deserve and promote e to what I want or else I won't work hard".