Re: Supply Chain Shortages and Inflation

Post by TheOneX » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:19 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:08 am
TheOneX wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:59 am

How close are you to retirement?
No one will Retire and you will be happy. :lol:

Remember over the last decades when we talked about having to pay for a system that was over extended, there would be no Social Security or pensions for us, well this is it. This is where we pay.
Things will get fixed, there is just a lot of inertia that we have to stop. We are making good progress already.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:51 am

TheOneX wrote:
SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:42 am
PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:23 pm
The boiling point has to come soon. I know I get worked up every time I have to get gas or groceries, or....anything and the prices have noticeably jumped since just days ago. Our leaders seem proud of it. How much more pain before people begin to snap back?
I think soon. My wife and I are maxing out our 401k’s and have been doing so for a couple of years now. However we were talking yesterday and we are close to backing off the contributions because inflation is getting out of control with no end in sight. They are purposefully killing the middle class. They have been trying for years but this might actually do it. This is Obama’s wet dream, he wanted this but didn’t want the historical blame. That’s why Biden is the perfect asshole for the job.
We’re in our mid 40’s. 15 years at the most……at least that was what we were shooting for. Our debt load is light. Zero credit cards, Mortgage will be paired off in 14 years at the most (balance $87k). Two car payments, one is a toy and is almost paid off. That’s about it. We’re in good shape but if this inflation keeps up at this rate we’re all screwed. We’ve done things the right way and we’re going to get screwed with no lube or reach around.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:54 am

C-Mag wrote:
TheOneX wrote:

Remember over the last decades when we talked about having to pay for a system that was over extended, there would be no Social Security or pensions for us, well this is it. This is where we pay.
You need to say that in the evil Bond villain voice of Klaus Schwab. Lol

SS will not be here for us. What frightens me is the government stealing 401k’s to make SS 2.0. I think there is a high risk of that happening.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:30 pm

SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:54 am
C-Mag wrote:
TheOneX wrote:

SS will not be here for us. What frightens me is the government stealing 401k’s to make SS 2.0. I think there is a high risk of that happening.
I'm not talking about social security, I'm just talking about the culture and economy. I don't take social security into account when planning for retirement. That is for fools. The government isn't going to steal 401ks, that is a ridiculous notion.

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:54 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:30 pm
SilverEagle wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:54 am
C-Mag wrote:

I'm not talking about social security, I'm just talking about the culture and economy. I don't take social security into account when planning for retirement. That is for fools. The government isn't going to steal 401ks, that is a ridiculous notion.
I agree with you on SS. Thinking that it’s not possible that the government seizes 401k retirement funds is being somewhat foolish. It’s very possible that they at least attempt it.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:06 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:19 am
C-Mag wrote:
TheOneX wrote:

Things will get fixed, there is just a lot of inertia that we have to stop. We are making good progress already.
Care to explain?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:08 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:30 pm
The government isn't going to steal 401ks, that is a ridiculous notion.
Nothing at this point is a ridiculous notion. Just look around at the insanity that is happening.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:31 pm

Don’t need to seize 401ks when you can just crash the market.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:33 am

The theft of our 401k will not be outright confiscation. It will be done through other means like inflation, taxation, and various redistribution of wealth schemes.

I gave up counting on SS as something for retirement many years ago. I thought I was being smart by investing more and spending less. Problem is, we have actively evil, corrupt, lunatics in charge that have the power to change the rules of the game as often as they wish in order to steal from you. I'm still better off today by working hard than I would be by sitting back gaming the systems, but every day the question comes up...at what point is the effort going to just not be worth it anymore?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:44 am

Saving money is a fool's errand unless you take satisfaction in it. Spend your money doing the things you want to do while you still want to do them. Money can be taken from you: memories & accomplishments cannot.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change