Exterminate All the Brutes

kybkh

Exterminate All the Brutes

Post by kybkh » Thu May 06, 2021 6:49 am

QRD: There is an docudrama on HBO examining colonialism and the bottom line is that the only revolution in the Decade of Revolution that was righteous was the Haitian massacre.

Its a watchable show, well made and decent acting. The part that bothers me tho, and I guess is somewhat reaffirming my current belief of the biggest error in the 1619 retelling of history crowd, is they present the nobility class of Europe as the basic standard of living in Europe. Like the rubber plantations in the Congo were part and partial for the working serfs in feudal Europe.

The other frustrating aspect of the story is just from where the dude decides to start the story. He kinda skips over the first 5000 years of civilization and starts in the 1500s. By doing this, he avoids having to ever offer an advanced understanding of why European society had become what it was and is.

Take for instance Spain. He spends a good bit of time talking about how vicious the Spaniards exploited central america but never discusses who the actual spainards were other than they were close to white. He doesn't discuss the prior 200 years of plague in europe and how the spainards had actually been hit later than most other european countries because of their distance from the italian trading ports. he ignores a good portion of people in spain have muslim blood less than 4-5 generations back and how their culture was influenced by the moors and such.

To really talk about Europeans in the 1500s and not include the roman influence and the cultures that influenced rome is just fucking story telling.

Peck’s story focuses on the entwined threads of the genocide of North America’s Indigenous people and the enslavement of Africans, and on the links he finds between those horrors and other genocides and oppressions, particularly the Holocaust. There are things in his account that will probably be new for many viewers, like the discussion of the Spanish priest Bartolomé de las Casas and his role in the fates of both Indigenous people in the Americas and African slaves, or the way Peck restores the Haitian revolution to its rightful stature alongside the American and French revolutions.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/06/arts ... rutes.html
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

DBTrek

Re: Exterminate All the Brutes

Post by DBTrek » Thu May 06, 2021 7:55 am

Woke history is hate speech.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Re: Exterminate All the Brutes

Post by C-Mag » Thu May 06, 2021 10:17 am

What they are doing to history is what the did to native American history.

Only Whitey bad.
They never examine the conditions and daily brutality before Whitey took advantage of the situation
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience