Re: Rejecting Institutions

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:50 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:47 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:46 am
DBTrek wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 am

So, I expect some attrition which will diminish their numbers, if not add numbers to the cause of meritocracy.
I honestly have no idea where this is going, this is uncharted waters

I have not seen totalitarianism like this with mine own eyes before, I've only read about it in history books

it's not politics tho, it's a cult, so I don't think the normal rules apply
Cults gotta have leaders tho.
Who's at the top?
that's what makes it so hard to defeat, that is the postmodernism

the modern rules of just bring down the leader no longer applies

this is what the Pentagon calls 5th generation warfare, leaderless, adaptive & distributed
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:47 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:46 am
DBTrek wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 am

So, I expect some attrition which will diminish their numbers, if not add numbers to the cause of meritocracy.
I honestly have no idea where this is going, this is uncharted waters

I have not seen totalitarianism like this with mine own eyes before, I've only read about it in history books

it's not politics tho, it's a cult, so I don't think the normal rules apply
Cults gotta have leaders tho.
Who's at the top?
Who's drawing up the new rules to reorder society, and how are they gonna keep all the followers happy?
Even major religions haven't pulled that one off.
Who flies into Davos every year? (It's not that secret who the leaders are.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 am

it's like drone swarms, that's 5th generation too

no one drone is in command, it's a hivemind, a swarm, it requires no central command
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:57 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 am

Who flies into Davos every year? (It's not that secret who the leaders are.)
they live in a bubble, they are not in command

at best, they have the tiger by the tail

the postmodern world is a hivemind, like an internet forum, no leader is required

central command was a requirement of modernity, in the information age it is no longer an imperative
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 01, 2021 9:11 am

Somebody programs the drones. CRT didn’t spring into drone consciousness. Trump proved the programmers won’t allow a leader not under their control.

When perversity or sanctimony are the primary motivating factors, they don’t actually care if the tiger gets them too.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 01, 2021 9:13 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 9:11 am
Somebody programs the drones. CRT didn’t spring into drone consciousness. Trump proved the programmers won’t allow a leader not under their control.

When perversity or sanctimony are the primary motivating factors, they don’t actually care if the tiger gets them too.
conservatives & liberals were complacent, CRT has been coming on since the 70's

the march through the institutions has been a half century program

conservatives & liberals slept while the commies infiltrated the inner sanctums

politics is downstream from culture, culture is not changed overnight, it took decades
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun May 02, 2021 9:27 am

Yarvin always delivers when it comes to disturbing our snowflake narcissism. It's good to remember that history didn't start in 2008.

The frivolity of the pundit right
After all, any “founding mythology” is a narcissistic delusion. The flintlock farmers and mechanic mobs of the 1770s, and the Plymouth Puritans of the 1620s, have one thing in common: none of these people even remotely resembles the megachurch grill-and-minivan conservative of the 2020s. None of them even remotely resembles you.

They did live in the same places, and speak sort of the same language. Otherwise you probably have more in common with the average Indonesian housewife—at least she watches the same superhero movies.

To Narcissus, everything is a mirror; in everything and everyone, he sees himself. No field is riper for narcissism than history, since the dead past cannot even laugh at the present’s appropriations of a human reality it could not even start to comprehend.

And fighting fire with fire is one thing, but fighting the shark in the water is another. For the aristocrat, transcending reality is a core competence. The essence of leftism—always and everywhere an aristocratic trope, however vast its ignorant serf-armies—is James Spader in Pretty in Pink: “If I cared about money, would I treat my father’s house this way?” Mere peasants can never develop this kind of wild energy: that’s the point.

Yet Hanania remains right about the amount of energy that a rational, Kantian agenda for productive collective action motivated by collective self-interest, or even collective self-defense, can generate. The grill-American suburbicon is like Maistre’s Frenchman under the late Jacobins: he has defined deviancy down to rock-bottom. “He feels that he is well-governed, so long as he himself is not being killed.”

O, what to do? When you are solving an engineering problem and see the answer at last, it hits you like a thunderbolt. The conservatives, the normal people, the grill-Americans, must accept their own low energy. They must cease their futile reaching for passionate intensity, whether achieved through Kantian collective realism or Jaffaite founding mythology. They must fight the shark on land.

Conservatives don’t care—at least not enough. Yet they want to matter. Yet they live in a political system where mattering is a function of caring—not just voting. Therefore, there are two potential solutions: (a) make them care more; (b) make systems that let them matter more, without caring more.

Conservatives have low energy. They want high impact—at this point, they need high impact. After all, once you yourself are being killed, it’s kind of too late. Any engineer would tell you that there are two paths to high impact: more energy, or more efficiency.

Conservatives vote but don’t care. If we don’t have a viable way to make conservatives care more—meaning orders of magnitude more—effective strategies and structures must generate power by voting, not caring. They must maximize power per vote.

. . .

Nastiness and even violence are consequences of weakness, not strength. There was little “heavy-handed” about Caesar or Cromwell or Napoleon. It was Robespierre and Sulla and Lenin and Hitler who were heavy-handed—because their victories were conditional and incomplete, not universal and absolute.
(Bonus: There's some good stuff in here about Bro Fischer and the Puritan establishment.)

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 02, 2021 9:58 am

Oof. Nice one.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun May 02, 2021 10:50 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:44 am

It's InfoWars, but they're citing this: https://www.valeursactuelles.com/societ ... -generaux/

Unfortunately I don't speak French, so I have no idea how accurate the story is.

There's been a global backlash brewing against the overlords. Prior to COVID there were populist uprisings all over.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed May 05, 2021 9:23 am

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience