Rejecting Institutions

DBTrek

Re: Rejecting Institutions

Post by DBTrek » Sat May 01, 2021 7:44 am

Poll: Majority of French Agree With Military Generals That the Country is Heading Towards “Civil War”
A new poll has found that a majority of French people support the sentiments expressed in a letter signed by active duty and retired members of the military warning that the country is heading towards a “civil war” caused by failed multiculturalism and attacks on French identity.

Around 1,000 servicemembers signed the letter, including 20 retired generals, warning President Emmanuel Macron of “several deadly dangers” threatening France, including “Islamism and the hordes of the banlieue,” a reference to the fractured suburbs around major cities with high crime and immigrant populations.

The signatories also blame the “anti-racism” movement for seeking to create a “racial war” by attacking symbols of French cultural cohesion and identity, including statues.

The letter blames “fanatic partisans” for seeking to create divisions within communities that have created a vacuum for Islamists to assert their control.

“The hour is grave, France is in peril,” states the letter, which was published on 21 April – the 60th anniversary of a failed coup d’état.

The military servicemembers warn that the treatment of the “gilets jaunes” or yellow vest protesters exemplifies how the government has used the police “as proxy agents and scapegoats” for brutal oppression.

“It is no longer the time to procrastinate, otherwise tomorrow civil war will put an end to this growing chaos and deaths – for which you will be responsible – with numbers in the thousands,” the letter concludes.

Despite the letter being condemned by the government and the media, a new poll has found that a majority of the French people agree with its substance.

A survey by Harris Interactive found that 58% of respondents “support the words of the soldiers,” reports Valeurs...

https://www.infowars.com/posts/poll-maj ... civil-war/
It's InfoWars, but they're citing this: https://www.valeursactuelles.com/societ ... -generaux/

Unfortunately I don't speak French, so I have no idea how accurate the story is.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat May 01, 2021 7:58 am

No polls anywhere are trustworthy in 2021, but the idea is certainly plausible.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat May 01, 2021 8:06 am

Le Ribbit!

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 01, 2021 8:12 am

What's going to stop the trajectory? As Malcomb Gladwell would say, we've passed the tipping point. The feminists, minorities & weirdos think they're "winning;" MAD doesn't scare them.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat May 01, 2021 8:26 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:12 am
What's going to stop the trajectory? As Malcomb Gladwell would say, we've passed the tipping point. The feminists, minorities & weirdos think they're "winning;" MAD doesn't scare them.
As Mike Tyson would say "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face".
Weirdos are riding high because they have the strong tail wind of institutional power, media, and academia at their back.
But they've yet to be punched in the face.
... and that's the point where the amount of "fight" in them is determined.
Historically tho ... not a great track record as fighters.
Maybe France is warming up a preview.
/shrug

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat May 01, 2021 8:32 am

Was there a stronger "punch in the face" than Trump?

What more can we do? We can't get elected to anything? We can't get a job anyplace that affects the narrative? We can't build-up a following? There's so few of us, so many of them, and they have all the institutional power.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:35 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:32 am

What more can we do? We can't get elected to anything? We can't get a job anyplace that affects the narrative? We can't build-up a following? There's so few of us, so many of them, and they have all the institutional power.
welcome to Canada, now you know why I call it an iron curtain
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 am

I don't think they're as unified as assumed.
In the game of "who gets the most for being the biggest victim or most oppressed" there's going to be a power struggle.
Obviously whites will remain at the bottom - but what about transgenders vs. blacks. Or hispanics vs Muslims? All these little identity groups are going to fight to be top victim (ergo top power that can dictate the rules of behavior to everyone else). And you see how they treat outsiders. If you lose the power struggle to be top victim and refuse to cede power you'll be labelled a "nazi".
That's going to create a lot of attrition, I expect.

While Trump was around the media could unify these factions, like the Pied Piper, and lead them around for a common cause. But now they're in power. Now they get to divvy up tax money. Now they get to hand committee assignments out. And there's no way to be 100% equitable about it. Some group is gonna get more, and "that's not fair, in fact, it's oppressive".

So, I expect some attrition which will diminish their numbers, if not add numbers to the cause of meritocracy.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:46 am

DBTrek wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 am

So, I expect some attrition which will diminish their numbers, if not add numbers to the cause of meritocracy.
I honestly have no idea where this is going, this is uncharted waters

I have not seen totalitarianism like this with mine own eyes before, I've only read about it in history books

it's not politics tho, it's a cult, so I don't think the normal rules apply
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sat May 01, 2021 8:47 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:46 am
DBTrek wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:40 am

I honestly have no idea where this is going, this is uncharted waters

I have not seen totalitarianism like this with mine own eyes before, I've only read about it in history books

it's not politics tho, it's a cult, so I don't think the normal rules apply
Cults gotta have leaders tho.
Who's at the top?
Who's drawing up the new rules to reorder society, and how are they gonna keep all the followers happy?
Even major religions haven't pulled that one off.