The Great LARP Thread

Martin Hash

Re: The Great LARP Thread

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 07, 2021 8:29 am

The dividing line isn’t political party because both Democrats & NeoCons are indistinguishable at the implementation level; it’s authoritarians vs. libertyists; elites vs. Individual autonomy. Anybody who argues for egalitarianism or being an elitist snob is the enemy.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri May 07, 2021 8:57 am

Agreed
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri May 07, 2021 9:21 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:22 am
Xenophon wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:00 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:54 am

Your optimism comes from having expectations. Losing liberty was a blow but at least you got to grow up with the concept, and Communism will work for most people for a long time until there's not enough bread.
Having expectations? Can you unpack that for me? I'm not sure I'm following you.
None of us thought liberty would be defeated; we assumed a silent majority would rise up and defend it. Unfortunately, a majority did rise up, and though your wife & daughter wasn't among it, everyone else's was, and liberty was lost. It took until now, 6 months after a patently fraudulent election and the exhibition of complete censorship, for us to come to grips with our loss. It finally dawned on us that liberty was a concept, and though it manifested in little ways that we all enjoyed (being in control of your own life has mental health benefits), it wasn't really a tangible thing, and it's loss is more of an existential crisis, the darkening of enlightenment; now we get that. At least the feminists, minorities & weirdos' mental health will be improved by them being in control and lessening their resentment & envy towards those with the testosterone superpower. We can hide in our online communities, and not discuss politics in public, and call a he "she" under our breaths, and not propagate lies, and live our lives in wonderland (as long as it lasts anyway.)
My wife is more militant than myself in many ways. Our daughter is 6. :)

The improvement of the degenerate's mental health as a result of their victory is a silver lining I hadn't thought of before.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 am

I don't think the Troubles in Ulster is an accurate analogy

I think the American analogy is more like Iraq

people will simply run amok, looting & pillaging, burning the place down

while the government stands around helplessly in the face of it

America has now been occupied by a foreign power for all intents & purposes

it has no moral authority, and it doesn't have enough boots on the ground to maintain order

Ulster is a very small place, that's the only reason the British could maintain any order at all

the British Army would have no hope of maintaining order in Texas for example, never mind a whole continent

the threat is not really an omnipotent government, quite the opposite, the threat is a power vacuum

the government will become increasingly feeble, chaos & disorder will fill that void
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:04 am

it's like why did the Western Roman Empire collapse upon being sacked by the Goths ?

because the Goths were so powerful ?

not at all, the Goths were impotent, the Empire collapses because the Goth were not capable of running it

just like Iraq, the Goths took Rome in a blitzkrieg, then they simply could not control it after

all the institutions simply turned to dust, it all just faded away into chaos

it wasn't the tyranny of government, it was the tyranny of no government at all

the Germans then spent the next thousand years trying to put it all back together
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Fri May 07, 2021 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri May 07, 2021 10:14 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 am

it has no moral authority, and it doesn't have enough boots on the ground to maintain order

Ulster is a very small place, that's the only reason the British could maintain any order at all

the British Army would have no hope of maintaining order in Texas for example, never mind a whole continent

the threat is not really an omnipotent government, quite the opposite, the threat is a power vacuum

the government will become increasingly feeble, chaos & disorder will fill that void
That will certainly be the case in the cities, but the rural areas will be where organization will happen. Rural municipalities will start protecting their own borders while the cities burn. That's my take.

As far as the analogy of the Troubles goes, if there is any armed resistance to the death throes of the Republic, it won't be people marching in columns toward the White House. It'll be guerilla action with small cells.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:16 am

Xenophon wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:14 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:42 am

That will certainly be the case in the cities, but the rural areas will be where organization will happen. Rural municipalities will start protecting their own borders while the cities burn. That's my take.

As far as the analogy of the Troubles goes, if there is any armed resistance to the death throes of the Republic, it won't be people marching in columns toward the White House. It'll be guerilla action with small cells.
that was what it as like in Rome, it didn't just disappear everywhere overnight

the outer reaches of the empire carried on in isolation, and that became Europe as we know it

in terms of the guerilla war in Ulster, it wasn't really an uprising of the masses

the PIRA was supported by outside powers, America & the Soviets

the Fenians received arms & training from both America & Russia

just like the Yoeman farmers did not win the War of Independence, that was actually France who did that
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:22 am

see, the American Minuteman model doesn't work, because it never did

the Minutemen is a myth, they did not win the war, they barely participated

America was won by a French backed conventional army, with the French navy in support

there are no guerrilla wars without a great power patron, guerrilla wars are inherently proxy wars
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:27 am

this is why the PIRA collapsed in Ulster

the Cold War ended, so they lost Soviet support

and America switched to fighting terrorism, so they lost American support

without their Superpower benefactors, the PIRA collapsed practically overnight
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Fri May 07, 2021 10:30 am

so if you are to be the American revolutionaries, the only question then is ; who is your France ?

which superpower is going to come to your aid against Washington ?

like, there is absolutely no point in trying to stage a revolution in Canada for example

Washington would step in and put that down with ease, and no other great power would come to aid the rebels
Nec Aspera Terrent