George Floyd Trial.

SilverEagle

Re: George Floyd Trial.

Post by SilverEagle » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:08 am

The Murder charge won’t stick. The Manslaughter charge will result in a conviction.
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:50 am

Whatever happens, Chauvin's convictions won't be enough for the mob. There will be more rioting, but nothing more than the usual we're already used to. That is the scary part, that we are already expecting and used to rioting, burning, and looting without any repercussions.

At this point it's tiresome just reading the headlines from conservative sources. Everyone knows the commies can get away with anything they want. The hypocrisy knows no bounds at this point. There's really nothing for us to do but watch the Democrat run cities burn and hope there is enough of a collapse of commie run areas that it prevents the whole country from going down with them.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:08 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:50 am
Whatever happens, Chauvin's convictions won't be enough for the mob. There will be more rioting, but nothing more than the usual we're already used to. That is the scary part, that we are already expecting and used to rioting, burning, and looting without any repercussions.

At this point it's tiresome just reading the headlines from conservative sources. Everyone knows the commies can get away with anything they want. The hypocrisy knows no bounds at this point. There's really nothing for us to do but watch the Democrat run cities burn and hope there is enough of a collapse of commie run areas that it prevents the whole country from going down with them.
this has all happened before

my father used to take me to New York City back in the 70's

it was a disaster area, we walked through Harlem, it looked like it had been bombed in the Blitz, literal rubble

we walked through the Bronx, it was like something out of the third world

in the middle of World Series, Howard Cosell himself declared the city to be burning, live on tv

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:26 pm

this is when Clint Eastwood & Charles Bronson became the biggest box office draw in America

Dirty Harry & Death Wish, in the face of lawless chaos in the streets, America's heroes became vigilantes

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:32 pm

it was the same thing with open borders

Fidel Castro emptied the Cuban prisons of undesirables, sent them to America

they washed up on the shore in Miami Beach, amongst all the old Jews who had fled there from the Holocaust

then Miami went haywire, Scarface was real

that's how Miami Vice became the number one show in America

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:48 pm

my favourite shows were Magnum P.I. & Miami Vice

but for different reasons

Magnum was the idealized America, World War Two, Stalag 17

Magnum was nostalgia, that was where we had come from

Miami Vice was the new America, the futuristic dystopic America, Generation X America

Miami Vice was like science fiction come true

Escape From New York, Escape from Miami, escape from the chaos, that was clearly where things were going

then the Iron Curtain fell, and everything went on pause for thirty years

but now the epoch is back, with a vengeance
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:01 pm

I started missing the Soviets right away mind you

it became very obvious very fast how they had served as a counterweight

the strategic competitor kept our side relatively cautious

if we fucked up, that was to Moscow's advantage, so that kept Washington in check

but as soon as our side became the One World Government, it started going off the rails immediately

Somalia was the canary in the coal mine, Mogadishu foreshadowed the GWOT to come
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:08 pm

this was also when I first encountered the Woke in the military, the Woke taking over in NATO

I knew the Woke, I was raised to be Woke in the 70's

but I escaped from that by joining the Cold War military, which was still old school, frozen in the 1950's

but as soon as the Cold War ended, the Canadian military started going Woke

the plan was clearly to dismantle the military rapidly, and Woke was the mechanism

at the time tho it was still called "Political Correctness", but it was the postmodernists, I already knew them well
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:22 pm

the Big Bang of Woke came with 9-11

that was the inflationary phase, the rapid expansion of the Woke universe

9-11 was "America's fault, America was getting what she deserved, it was America's comeuppance"

that was the postmodernist narrative taking hold, that was the Woke rising in America

but people didn't notice so much, because there was general Bush Derangement Syndrome in effect

me & Trek used to fight against this narrative on the DCF, we saw where it was going

but the DCF was mostly Woke, it was just expressed through Bush Derangement Syndrome

when Occupy Wall Street came along, then the DCF really started going off the commie deep end

it's like why did I fight with Dan Carlin over Logical Insanity ?

because he was being Woke

moral relativism, America & the Nazis were the same, "the whole war was a war crime"

that's where I drew my line in the sand
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:42 pm

I remember when Madd Zepp went Woke on me

because my Civil War heroes are Marse Robert & TJ Jackson

he wouldn't accept that as reasonable, it was unacceptable to side with them, they were the "Nazis"

except from the Canadian point of view, the Yankees are the bad guys, the Confederates were on our side

didn't matter, having any position which did not condemn Marse Robert as being a "Nazi" was "wrong"

when they started pulling down the statues, first guy I thought of was Madd Zepp
Nec Aspera Terrent