Re: George Floyd Trial.

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:44 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:33 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:19 pm
PartyOf5 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:15 pm

That's happening to a lot of people with a lot of things. On the bright side it allows for discovery of new things that have not been poisoned.
I simply walk away in the face of the dialectic

the whole point is to troll me into being angry, to bait me, inciting paralysis by analysis

once you see it, you can't not see it, so anything seized by the dialectic becomes repulsive to me

I don't watch the media, except for on this forum, which I put up with only for Marty Hash

the only reason I watch the Leafs is to keep Monte company, since he doesn't have anybody to hang out with

but I don't really care, the Stanley Cup has become meaningless, it's not something to prize anymore
Sandin played Thursday night, Matthews scored his 34th goal, Thornton got his first in 27 games, Simmonds scored a beauty and Marner got a brace.

I watch more Leafs games than you do these days. A little bit of sunshine hits your deck and hockey just gets forgotten.
Bloody part timers.
sorry, my bad, I will show up for tonight's game

I think I've actually missed the last two games

the only time I ever missed two games in a row was in the field with the army

we even had the Leafs on overseas operations, even war didn't stop the hockey

but other than for military service, this is the first time I've ever missed two Leafs games in a row, in my entire life
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:22 am

Avs-Blues matinee game today

Avs 5-1 in the season series

Avs already have already clinched

so basically just waiting for the playoffs to start

hoping for as healthy of a team as possible
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:53 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:44 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:19 pm

I simply walk away in the face of the dialectic

the whole point is to troll me into being angry, to bait me, inciting paralysis by analysis

once you see it, you can't not see it, so anything seized by the dialectic becomes repulsive to me

I don't watch the media, except for on this forum, which I put up with only for Marty Hash

the only reason I watch the Leafs is to keep Monte company, since he doesn't have anybody to hang out with

but I don't really care, the Stanley Cup has become meaningless, it's not something to prize anymore
Sandin played Thursday night, Matthews scored his 34th goal, Thornton got his first in 27 games, Simmonds scored a beauty and Marner got a brace.

I watch more Leafs games than you do these days. A little bit of sunshine hits your deck and hockey just gets forgotten.
Bloody part timers.

but other than for military service, this is the first time I've ever missed two Leafs games in a row, in my entire life
Jets are all upset because the Leafs were a bit too physical with them on Thursday. Looks like there could be a bit of argy-bargy tonight.
Will it be Foligno, Thornton or Simmonds who take their gloves off first though?
My money's on Foligno.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:56 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:53 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

Bloody part timers.

Jets are all upset because the Leafs were a bit too physical with them on Thursday. Looks like there could be a bit of argy-bargy tonight.
Will it be Foligno, Thornton or Simmonds who take their gloves off first though?
My money's on Foligno.
so Foligno has arrived, eh ?

I'm not a big fan, I don't actually pay much attention to him, so I don't have much dope on him

how does he look ? Slow ?
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:12 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:56 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

My money's on Foligno.

I'm not a big fan, I don't actually pay much attention to him, so I don't have much dope on him

Menacing.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1385388447809118211
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:16 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:12 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:

My money's on Foligno.

Menacing.
yes, the point of these sorts of guys is that they are near the end of the careers so desperate to win

they will do or die for you, hits, fights, blocked shots

but if the wheels have fallen off them, if they don't have the pace, then they are more a burden than a boon

normally I would say trading a first for Foligno was a brutally bad trade

but there has been no junior hockey due to the pandemic, so nobody has a ranking for the late first round

so this years picks are basically a crap shoot, therefore a first rounder is not worth so much
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:34 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:16 am
Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:12 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Menacing.
yes, the point of these sorts of guys is that they are near the end of the careers so desperate to win

they will do or die for you, hits, fights, blocked shots

but if the wheels have fallen off them, if they don't have the pace, then they are more a burden than a boon

normally I would say trading a first for Foligno was a brutally bad trade

but there has been no junior hockey due to the pandemic, so nobody has a ranking for the late first round

so this years picks are basically a crap shoot, therefore a first rounder is not worth so much
Isn't it what you were calling for though? A few hardened veterans to get in there and do what the soft as baby shit superstars won't do.
Leafs are building a team that can play playoff hockey.
Plus Sandin and Robertson getting a bit of ice time.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:35 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:34 am
Isn't it what you were calling for though? A few hardened veterans to get in there and do what the soft as baby shit superstars won't do.
it's just a necessary component for a cup run, but it still matters which of these players you choose

I don't know Foligno well, but I've never been particularly impressed with him

if these sorts of guys still have the pace, then they are invaluable

but if they are behind the pace, they tend to just run and around taking penalties, chasing the play
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:46 pm

Candace is such a qt

Nec Aspera Terrent