Beyond Woke

DBTrek

Re: Beyond Woke

Post by DBTrek » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Nurse Being Investigated For 'I Love JK Rowling' Sign Over 'Threat to Gender Diverse' People

https://www.newsweek.com/nurse-being-in ... le-1611017

Disagreeing with us is criminal.
Liking people who disagree with us is also criminal.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:07 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:58 pm
Thank you for your service is transitory.
:lol: :lol:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:11 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:03 pm
Nurse Being Investigated For 'I Love JK Rowling' Sign Over 'Threat to Gender Diverse' People

https://www.newsweek.com/nurse-being-in ... le-1611017

Disagreeing with us is criminal.
Liking people who disagree with us is also criminal.
I'm pretty sure Harry Potter was transgender............. what's the problem. :shifty:
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:15 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:14 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:24 pm
C-Mag wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:14 pm
Good follow piece by Revolver News of Black Rifle Coffee Company

I found this interesting
I sort of have an issue with their statement though, I read the entire thing... although I agree there are some parts of the military you probably shouldn't respect, overall there are people out there that we should respect who are in the military.

Also, these guys had a serious hangup on the transgender thing...

BRC fucked up... let's call it what it is... they don't need to take pot shots where none is needed to get their point across, it actually deters from what they are trying to say I personally believe.
First of all you need to understand that there is a ton of dick measuring in the military, and that modern war is very different from pre 21st C war. Dick measuring is By MOS(job), by deployments or lack thereof, by unit or branch you are in. Modern approx numbers - Only 25% of the 17-25 age group of the US is even elligible to be in the military. So that puts you in the top quartile. 40% never get deployed. 15% see combat. 30% in combat actually fire their weapon. Likely less than 1% ever kill an enemy.

Now contrast that with WWII where nearly 100% of combat troops fired their weapons. That's a huge difference. Even then, there were a lot of guys in WWII that didn't do shit. So, why are we respecting them ? Because they signed the line on a piece of paper........... OK, that is something. I've met the best and worst of humans in the military. No blanket praise, 'Thank You for you Service' is a nice gesture, it's hollow to me, but I know it makes the person saying it feel better, so I'm good with it.

It's time for the US to think about how we think about veterans and the military. 'I respect the military and all veterans' is a lazy cop out. Pre-WWII, active duty military, especially Lifers, were considered amongst the lowest tier of society. Which for a country founded with the notion of not having a large standing Army is understandable. In the 60s and 70s Soldiers were treated like shit by a large portion of the population. But since the 80s, maybe after the Persian Gulf War, Soldiers have been put on an increasingly high pedestal.

I've thought a lot of this over. For me, my service is personal. I have a lot of good friends from my time in uniform. We share stories and discuss the topics in depth. But I don't even with my family, at least not much. You won't find an I love me wall of military stuff on my property, or walls of medals, even a bunch of patriotic stuff. The military was a part of my life, not my life. I think that's where a lot of these guys go wrong. Their entire identity is tied up in being a Soldier.

As to Revolver. Yeah, I agree, a bunch of the stuff by veterans is machismo, that rings a little fake and ghey. I don't do that shit. Didn't do it when I was in uniform in charge of hundreds of troops. I certainly displayed more swagger, but you know what. If you walk the walk, you don't have to do any of that shit. People will know not to fuck with you, and it translates across language barriers too.

My message. Is Soldier Worship good for us as a country ? When you say 'Thank you for your service' is it placating a social norm, like pardon me or is it worship, or is it sincere gratitude.
Think about it.
I see a soldier in uniform, or in greens, I shake their hand. If they give me a firm handshake back I offer a beer to get to know them better. I don't blanket respect anyone, hell you should know that by now. I tell everyone to fuck off at least once, even the ones I do respect... but respect is earned.

I know a guy, sniper in the military was deployed. Normally I would say he deserves respect, but he is a woke SOB... his daughter shows signs of mental trauma, which was gleaned from her mother which was physically abused by her family. Her mother's trauma was imprinted on the girl. She is about five years older than my son, and was being a bully to my son to the point where he was crying (at the age of 3/4) I do let my son do things on his own, and I only help when he needs it, and he needed it.

I went up to them and asked her to stop treating my son like that, and he didn't deserve what she was doing. I asked her to apologize to my son for being mean/rude. She went to the front of the house and collapsed in front of it screaming bloody murder. My son looked at me and asked "What is she doing?". I honestly told him I had no idea. Her parents came out, and surrounded her, coddling her, etc... then I was told I was not welcome at the house anymore. The relationship ended because of that, I knew him for almost 15 years prior. I saw him get married, etc... I made stuff for them, and they even had artwork I created for their daughter hanging up in their house. Hell if I know if they still have it, and honestly don't care, let them burn it, no sweat off my back.

I know another who is a mental case and always was, true asshole, and the army did nothing to really fix that disposition. I lost contact with him after he tried to rape my wife.

I know another, a marine that survived Hamburger Hill... we hung around all the time, drank, had fun. I dated his daughter with his permission. I respect him because he respected me.

I also have a friend which is active service now, he is in some of the major hot spots in Africa right now...we go out shooting, we shoot the shit, guns, and just go out to have fun. He was the one that warned me that I am on the government watch list.

You don't blanket respect any group of people or entities out there, you are looking to get into trouble in so many ways, but should you respect the military. I say yes as a whole, should you respect the people who served, that is dependent on the person, not one person I know deserves respect because of name, title, or what they are part of. They earn respect by showing why they deserve it.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:18 pm

The Kentler Project in Germany - putting orphaned kids in the care of Pedophile foster parents
https://www.dw.com/en/germany-allowed-p ... a-53839291
PLATA O PLOMO

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm

Fife wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:34 am
"Some media figure made note of some Evil White Guy wearing our gear. What now?"

"Well, we could ignore it. Or if we absolutely have to make a statement to our customers, we could make a restatement of our advertised core principles and some statement about how we abhor the violence that has been sweeping the country."

"No, I mean what can we do to totally wreck our brand and fuck it all up with our loyal customers and anyone else who may have ever considered buying our product?"

"Oh, in that case, we should apologize to the SJWs for shit we have no control over and then grant an interview to the friendly journalists at the NYT, conveying some naive vibe that we expect that should put an end to it all and prove that we are the good guys. That should do it."

Fucked around and found out

RIP dummies
A week later........ Dana Loesch interviews Black Rifle Coffee to tell their customers they didn't really say what you think they said.
https://therightscoop.com/watch-dana-lo ... interview/

No one in the comments is buying it.
PLATA O PLOMO

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:07 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:49 pm
Fife wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:34 am
"Some media figure made note of some Evil White Guy wearing our gear. What now?"

"Well, we could ignore it. Or if we absolutely have to make a statement to our customers, we could make a restatement of our advertised core principles and some statement about how we abhor the violence that has been sweeping the country."

"No, I mean what can we do to totally wreck our brand and fuck it all up with our loyal customers and anyone else who may have ever considered buying our product?"

"Oh, in that case, we should apologize to the SJWs for shit we have no control over and then grant an interview to the friendly journalists at the NYT, conveying some naive vibe that we expect that should put an end to it all and prove that we are the good guys. That should do it."

Fucked around and found out

RIP dummies
A week later........ Dana Loesch interviews Black Rifle Coffee to tell their customers they didn't really say what you think they said.
https://therightscoop.com/watch-dana-lo ... interview/

No one in the comments is buying it.
I'm not one to get with these supposedly pro-military businesses

I served to defend the Enlightenment itself, Glorious Revolution of 1688

Regiment, Corps, Commander-in-Chief, is not for sale

dileas

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:04 pm

Red Hand of Ulster

Orangemen of Upper Canada