Beyond Woke

Smitty-48

Re: Beyond Woke

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:19 pm

Nah, it'll be metrosexual country music singers trying to convince women to get the shot. Jason Aldean will be telling a girl with "painted on jeans" to get in the back of his truck and get "vaccinated". *spits*
there is the odd "New Country" song that I like

I like this one, it's basically a Ford commercial, but I still like the song

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:37 pm

see, thing is, I'm a Gen X Latchkey Kid from the 1980's

it was a singular decade

we didn't have any musical tribes, we listened to all sorts of music

so there is no music which I don't like, I just go song by song on the merits, whatever the genre

could be opera, could be bluegrass, could be hip hop, whatever, I don't have any musical rules
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:38 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:22 pm
I do find myself becoming more sympathetic to the Papists

the Orange & Green should come together in the face of the new American Bolshevism

country music from the old country

God save Ireland

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:40 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:38 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
I do find myself becoming more sympathetic to the Papists

the Orange & Green should come together in the face of the new American Bolshevism

country music from the old country

God save Ireland

Based & Greenpilled

even as an Orangeman, I still loves me that tune

I don't hate the Fenians, here in Canada there is a truce

I met my wife at a Fenian pub in fact, on Saint Patrick's Day 2000

Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:50 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

God save Ireland

Smits, during my week in Toronto back in 97 I got to enjoy a damn fine Irish pub downtown. I'm struggling to remember the name right now, it was of course Mc-something's. I remember it was downtown and a short walk from the big-assed indoor mall (Eaton (?)). We left the women shopping at the mall and about 4 or 5 of us brought the Hillbilly Mafia to that pub for a few hours. Lots of Guinness and great music. We were advised that they had awesome live acts nightly, but we were there for the afternoon and didn't get to make it back for an evening. I do remember the place really emphasized the Irish music scene in Toronto. Ring any bells?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:54 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:50 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:

God save Ireland

Smits, during my week in Toronto back in 97 I got to enjoy a damn fine Irish pub downtown. I'm struggling to remember the name right now, it was of course Mc-something's. I remember it was downtown and a short walk from the big-assed indoor mall (Eaton (?)). We left the women shopping at the mall and about 4 or 5 of us brought the Hillbilly Mafia to that pub for a few hours. Lots of Guinness and great music. We were advised that they had awesome live acts nightly, but we were there for the afternoon and didn't get to make it back for an evening. I do remember the place really emphasized the Irish music scene in Toronto. Ring any bells?
could be my local

McVeigh's New Windsor House Tavern

the Fenians call it "McVeighs"

we Orange call it "the Windsor"

http://www.mcveighspub.com/
Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:54 pm
Fife wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

God save Ireland

could be my local

Ayo, that's the spot!

Damn man, Guinness is good.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:05 pm

Fife wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:56 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:54 pm
Fife wrote:

could be my local

Ayo, that's the spot!

Damn man, Guinness is good.
I knew the owner, Jimmy McViegh, and his sons

I am Orange and they are Green, but we honor the truce in Canada

it's right around the corner from Moss Park Armoury, it's like a National Guard armory

so all the Canadian soldiers from Moss Park go to the Windsor, and the Fenians are happy to have them

this is the neighbourhood where I grew up, this is the Inner City, Downtown Eastside

so the Windsor was always my Local as we say in the British Empire

and on 17 March 2000 I met my wife there

an achingly beautiful curvy brunette 24 going on 17

she was a wallflower hiding in the corner, painfully shy

so I said to my army mate Brian, hold my beer, then I went over to chat the girl up

we hit it off from first blush, and after a couple hours of chatting, I asked her to be my girlfriend on the spot

and she said yes, she took the leap of faith, and 21 years later we are living the good life here

so McVeighs is forever intertwined with the story of my life

Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:22 pm

I had to pry my girl away from her steady; she’s a loyal gal so it took a while. In fact, I’d given up and moved on but she must have reconsidered because about 6 months later she showed up at the place I worked nights (I was a lineman in IBEW 1245 at Citizen’s Electric) and hit the reset button.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:28 pm

well I was frankly a club fiend for many years

Xeno decries the "metrosexuals", but I never had any quarrel with that

from junior high I pretty much decided I was going to be smooth with girls

girls ruled my life, I had many girlfriends before I met my wife

the army was just my day job, soon as I got off duty, it was all about chasing tail

I never fucked a girl who wasn't a ten without makeup, I did very well for myself

none the less, my wife to be stopped me in my tracks, all the other girls fell away at that moment

McVeigh's was a romantic place to meet, Fife knows, the Windsor is old school

when I pulled my future wife in for the romantic kiss at the end of the night, people in the pub cheered

Nec Aspera Terrent