Beyond Woke

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Beyond Woke

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:02 am

This guys on fire lately.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:09 am

Perfect tool to bring down a raging commie. If you need someone to find sanity, this is the red pill.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:02 pm

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:40 pm

There's a lot of people that think the tide is turning on the Woke.
They talk about the Batgirl movie project getting shelved and some CEOs starting to turn against them.

I'm all for it, not sure it's happening tho
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:09 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:40 pm
They talk about the Batgirl movie project getting shelved and some CEOs starting to turn against them.

They can’t keep burning money forever. As soon as the market started dropping, the heat started being turned up on them.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:49 pm

C-Mag wrote:

We have some movement in our direction, but still very very early. It is definitely still very precarious.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:37 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:49 pm
C-Mag wrote:

We have some movement in our direction, but still very very early. It is definitely still very precarious.
Agreed
So the studio shot the Batgirl show, the exec's checked the temp of the potential audiences and decided to pull the show and take those, writing it off as a Tax Loss rather than try to put it out.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:37 pm
TheOneX wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 4:49 pm
C-Mag wrote:

Agreed
So the studio shot the Batgirl show, the exec's checked the temp of the potential audiences and decided to pull the show and take those, writing it off as a Tax Loss rather than try to put it out.
There are three major players who have signaled they want to separate themselves from the woke:

1. Warner Discovery - They are the only ones to put their money where their mouth is canceling CNN+ and Batgirl. They want to separate themselves from Ezra Miller, but feel too much was invested into The Flash movie to not release it. Aquaman is also going through a lot of reshoots.

2. Netflix - Supposedly fired the woke staff, but haven't heard about them canceling anything woke. May just be a waiting game where they won't cancel anything, but future content will avoid wokeness.

3. Disney - The CEO has talked about moving on from woke, but his actions have been few and far between. He did fire a supposedly very woke higher up, but that may also just be him taking out a mutinous employee. I kind of lost faith in him when he didn't let Kathleen Kennedy's contract as head of Lucasfilm quietly expire, despite being fully justified in firing her over her mismanagement of Star Wars. Disney seems to be continuing to churn out wokeness with indication it will actually end. He seems to be more bark than bite.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:11 pm

I wonder how much the actions of Florida and DeSantis have on this
PLATA O PLOMO

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:25 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:11 pm
I wonder how much the actions of Florida and DeSantis have on this
His talk about moving on from woke goes back before that so probably not much from his perspective, but I think that definitely is what got that one guy fired. According to the rumors he was kind of the orchestrator of the internal push to oppose the Florida law. The rumors also say the CEO is using that experience to convince the board they need to move away from wokeness. Despite all the talk and rumors, there has been essentially zero public action. Maybe he is making moves behind the scenes, but you would think something other than words would have leaked out by now.