Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

Smitty-48

Re: Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:05 pm
Ayo, cousin, the only thing we truly control is our own mind. That's your most valuable asset, by a mile.
I never had any delusions of control

I'm not even political, I barely participate at all

it's never ruled my life

I was into girls and having a good time at the clubs

then I met my wife, and it became marriage & property ownership

politics is just something going on in the background,

Balance of Terror at fifteen minutes notice to launch on warning

we didn't let that stop us

Nec Aspera Terrent

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:46 pm

Think Locally, Act Locally

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:46 pm
find yourself a good & beautiful women to settle down with, the rest will take care of itself

is what the Almighty said to me
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:00 pm

again tho, don't conflate dissident with revolutionary

I am a Burkean counterrevolutionary, I am not the one upsetting the established order

dissident simply means you oppose government policy,

generally when it becomes totalitarian, to wit thought crime

the mechanism is simply to decline to bear false witness,

refusing to profess that you believe something which you really don't

and that's it

otherwise you just get on with your life, until somebody actually tries to impede you

Woke is basically a bluff, the counter is to call their bluff

if you sit around spending all your time waiting for the sky to fall, like Millennials on the internet

then you become a prisoner to the future, succumbing to paralysis by analysis

so inclusive to the dissent, is dissenting from doing that as well

it's not about what you say, it's only about how you live, lead from the front
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Fife wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:46 pm
Just don't do it while your Zoom camera is still rolling.
:shock:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:56 am

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am
being a dissident means you are going to openly refuse to submit, and then take the punishment come what may

they're not likely going to drag you away to Gitmo for it

you're just going to be rendered into a recluse by default,

at least until the Soviet Union collapses under its own weight

you are going to be rendered into internal exile like Andrei Sakharov in the closed city of Gorky

and you're going to be there for a long time

like an infantryman, you just have to keep your world small and enjoy the little things in life, to pass the time
Solzhenitsyn describes this in his missive "Live not by lies" specifically talking about how to go about this.
And thus, overcoming our temerity, let each man choose: Will he remain a witting servant of the lies (needless to say, not due to natural predisposition, but in order to provide a living for the family, to rear the children in the spirit of lies!), or has the time come for him to stand straight as an honest man, worthy of the respect of his children and contemporaries? And from that day onward he:

· Will not write, sign, nor publish in any way, a single line distorting, so far as he can see, the truth;

· Will not utter such a line in private or in public conversation, nor read it from a crib sheet, nor speak it in the role of educator, canvasser, teacher, actor;

· Will not in painting, sculpture, photograph, technology, or music depict, support, or broadcast a single false thought, a single distortion of the truth as he discerns it;

· Will not cite in writing or in speech a single “guiding” quote for gratification, insurance, for his success at work, unless he fully shares the cited thought and believes that it fits the context precisely;

· Will not be forced to a demonstration or a rally if it runs counter to his desire and his will; will not take up and raise a banner or slogan in which he does not fully believe;

· Will not raise a hand in vote for a proposal which he does not sincerely support; will not vote openly or in secret ballot for a candidate whom he deems dubious or unworthy;

· Will not be impelled to a meeting where a forced and distorted discussion is expected to take place;

· Will at once walk out from a session, meeting, lecture, play, or film as soon as he hears the speaker utter a lie, ideological drivel, or shameless propaganda;

· Will not subscribe to, nor buy in retail, a newspaper or journal that distorts or hides the underlying facts.

This is by no means an exhaustive list of the possible and necessary ways of evading lies. But he who begins to cleanse himself will, with a cleansed eye, easily discern yet other opportunities.
Yes, at first it will not be fair. Someone will have to temporarily lose his job. For the young who seek to live by truth, this will at first severely complicate life, for their tests and quizzes, too, are stuffed with lies, and so choices will have to be made. But there is no loophole left for anyone who seeks to be honest: Not even for a day, not even in the safest technical occupations can he avoid even a single one of the listed choices—to be made in favor of either truth or lies, in favor of spiritual independence or spiritual servility. And as for him who lacks the courage to defend even his own soul: Let him not brag of his progressive views, boast of his status as an academician or a recognized artist, a distinguished citizen or general. Let him say to himself plainly: I am cattle, I am a coward, I seek only warmth and to eat my fill.
This is for DrY who is searching for a way.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:13 pm

:lol: I just have to laugh. I remember when the big three networks used to do this type of stuff.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:53 pm

PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:26 am

Keep telling the truth
PLATA O PLOMO