Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

C-Mag

Re: Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

Post by C-Mag » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 am

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:31 am
Yes, cutting the cable and ignoring the propaganda machine is key.
Definitely a good call.

I'd add that if you want to deprive Google of your interests and browsing habits consider using the Brave Browser (if you want free crypto), or Dissenter Browser, and switching your search engine to Duck Duck Go. Search the web without being tracked. Deprive systems from some of the other information they use to identify you with a better browser.
I like it.

I would at to the stop being tracked, practice living your life without your phone with you 24/7. Going to the hardware store for a quick run. Leave your phone at home, get what you need and pay cash.

I'm also thinking about get a bag or small box to drop my phone in while travelling. My idea is to disrupt their 24 hour tracking of me, confuse their AI algorithms they are building on my activities. If for no reason other than to fuck with them.

Most all of us grew up without having to be plugged into the system. We can unplug a lot of our lives.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:07 am

there is no way to avoid being tracked

the avoidance of tracking itself stands out as a profile and they can track you by that

it's digital & binary

being a zero is just as easily tracked as being a one
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:13 am

it's so far beyond mere tracking now

knowing who you are and where you are is a given

the algorithms at this point know what you are thinking, never mind your location
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:17 am

thing is, being a dissident is not about hiding

think of Andrei Sakharov in the Soviet Union

there's nowhere to hide, but he wasn't trying to

dissident means you refuse to hide, everybody else is hiding, you are dissenting instead
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:19 am

C-Mag wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 am
DBTrek wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:31 am
Yes, cutting the cable and ignoring the propaganda machine is key.
Definitely a good call.

I'd add that if you want to deprive Google of your interests and browsing habits consider using the Brave Browser (if you want free crypto), or Dissenter Browser, and switching your search engine to Duck Duck Go. Search the web without being tracked. Deprive systems from some of the other information they use to identify you with a better browser.
I like it.

I would at to the stop being tracked, practice living your life without your phone with you 24/7. Going to the hardware store for a quick run. Leave your phone at home, get what you need and pay cash.

I'm also thinking about get a bag or small box to drop my phone in while travelling. My idea is to disrupt their 24 hour tracking of me, confuse their AI algorithms they are building on my activities. If for no reason other than to fuck with them.

Most all of us grew up without having to be plugged into the system. We can unplug a lot of our lives.
The thing about the Algos in your cellphone is that they have internal systems that can intelligently determine how you got to whatever location. For example, if I put my phone in airplane mode, it turns off the wireless/bluetooth. Well, those algorithms are running locally and because of the sensors in your cellphone, they can determine how you are traveling. So even if you put your phone inside a signal proof forensics bag, if you suddenly show back up on the grid, that data could tell them how you got from A to B based on directional changes and speed. I've seen the output.

There's a market for high-security cell phones that aren't reliant on these systems, but it's very niche and expensive.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am

being a dissident means you are going to openly refuse to submit, and then take the punishment come what may

they're not likely going to drag you away to Gitmo for it

you're just going to be rendered into a recluse by default,

at least until the Soviet Union collapses under its own weight

you are going to be rendered into internal exile like Andrei Sakharov in the closed city of Gorky

and you're going to be there for a long time

like an infantryman, you just have to keep your world small and enjoy the little things in life, to pass that time
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:27 am
being a dissident means you are going to openly refuse to submit, and then take the punishment come what may

they're not likely going to drag you away to Gitmo for it

you're just going to be rendered into a recluse by default,

at least until the Soviet Union collapses under its own weight

you are going to be rendered into internal exile like Andrei Sakharov in the closed city of Gorky

and you're going to be there for a long time

like an infantryman, you just have to keep your world small and enjoy the little things in life, to pass the time
Solzhenitsyn describes this in his missive "Live not by lies" specifically talking about how to go about this.
And thus, overcoming our temerity, let each man choose: Will he remain a witting servant of the lies (needless to say, not due to natural predisposition, but in order to provide a living for the family, to rear the children in the spirit of lies!), or has the time come for him to stand straight as an honest man, worthy of the respect of his children and contemporaries? And from that day onward he:

· Will not write, sign, nor publish in any way, a single line distorting, so far as he can see, the truth;

· Will not utter such a line in private or in public conversation, nor read it from a crib sheet, nor speak it in the role of educator, canvasser, teacher, actor;

· Will not in painting, sculpture, photograph, technology, or music depict, support, or broadcast a single false thought, a single distortion of the truth as he discerns it;

· Will not cite in writing or in speech a single “guiding” quote for gratification, insurance, for his success at work, unless he fully shares the cited thought and believes that it fits the context precisely;

· Will not be forced to a demonstration or a rally if it runs counter to his desire and his will; will not take up and raise a banner or slogan in which he does not fully believe;

· Will not raise a hand in vote for a proposal which he does not sincerely support; will not vote openly or in secret ballot for a candidate whom he deems dubious or unworthy;

· Will not be impelled to a meeting where a forced and distorted discussion is expected to take place;

· Will at once walk out from a session, meeting, lecture, play, or film as soon as he hears the speaker utter a lie, ideological drivel, or shameless propaganda;

· Will not subscribe to, nor buy in retail, a newspaper or journal that distorts or hides the underlying facts.

This is by no means an exhaustive list of the possible and necessary ways of evading lies. But he who begins to cleanse himself will, with a cleansed eye, easily discern yet other opportunities.
Yes, at first it will not be fair. Someone will have to temporarily lose his job. For the young who seek to live by truth, this will at first severely complicate life, for their tests and quizzes, too, are stuffed with lies, and so choices will have to be made. But there is no loophole left for anyone who seeks to be honest: Not even for a day, not even in the safest technical occupations can he avoid even a single one of the listed choices—to be made in favor of either truth or lies, in favor of spiritual independence or spiritual servility. And as for him who lacks the courage to defend even his own soul: Let him not brag of his progressive views, boast of his status as an academician or a recognized artist, a distinguished citizen or general. Let him say to himself plainly: I am cattle, I am a coward, I seek only warmth and to eat my fill.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:34 am

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 am

Solzhenitsyn describes this in his missive "Live not by lies" specifically talking about how to go about this.

precisely

I mean, if you want to hide, it's quite easy, simply assume a false identity and pretend to be Woke

that's what most people do

being a dissident is the opposite of that
Nec Aspera Terrent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:03 pm

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:31 am
And thus, overcoming our temerity, let each man choose: Will he remain a witting servant of the lies (needless to say, not due to natural predisposition, but in order to provide a living for the family, to rear the children in the spirit of lies!), or has the time come for him to stand straight as an honest man, worthy of the respect of his children and contemporaries? And from that day onward he:

· Will not write, sign, nor publish in any way, a single line distorting, so far as he can see, the truth;

· Will not utter such a line in private or in public conversation, nor read it from a crib sheet, nor speak it in the role of educator, canvasser, teacher, actor;

· Will not in painting, sculpture, photograph, technology, or music depict, support, or broadcast a single false thought, a single distortion of the truth as he discerns it;

· Will not cite in writing or in speech a single “guiding” quote for gratification, insurance, for his success at work, unless he fully shares the cited thought and believes that it fits the context precisely;

· Will not be forced to a demonstration or a rally if it runs counter to his desire and his will; will not take up and raise a banner or slogan in which he does not fully believe;

· Will not raise a hand in vote for a proposal which he does not sincerely support; will not vote openly or in secret ballot for a candidate whom he deems dubious or unworthy;

· Will not be impelled to a meeting where a forced and distorted discussion is expected to take place;

· Will at once walk out from a session, meeting, lecture, play, or film as soon as he hears the speaker utter a lie, ideological drivel, or shameless propaganda;

· Will not subscribe to, nor buy in retail, a newspaper or journal that distorts or hides the underlying facts.

This is by no means an exhaustive list of the possible and necessary ways of evading lies. But he who begins to cleanse himself will, with a cleansed eye, easily discern yet other opportunities.
Yes, at first it will not be fair. Someone will have to temporarily lose his job. For the young who seek to live by truth, this will at first severely complicate life, for their tests and quizzes, too, are stuffed with lies, and so choices will have to be made. But there is no loophole left for anyone who seeks to be honest: Not even for a day, not even in the safest technical occupations can he avoid even a single one of the listed choices—to be made in favor of either truth or lies, in favor of spiritual independence or spiritual servility. And as for him who lacks the courage to defend even his own soul: Let him not brag of his progressive views, boast of his status as an academician or a recognized artist, a distinguished citizen or general. Let him say to himself plainly: I am cattle, I am a coward, I seek only warmth and to eat my fill.
Superb catch. I’m in.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:31 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:03 pm
Superb catch. I’m in.
I would allow for Wokefishing

guys who act Woke on dating sites to get girls in bed

I find that to be fair game
Nec Aspera Terrent