Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

Smitty-48

Re: Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:00 pm

don't be a Prisoner of the Future

don't obsess on the media, don't wallow in it, don't keep watching and getting pissed off about it

it's gonna be a long war, you need to pace yourself, move on to other things in life that you enjoy, don't stare into the abyss
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speakswiththumbs

Post by Speakswiththumbs » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 pm

Last edited by Speakswiththumbs on Sun May 01, 2022 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:20 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 am
DBTrek wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:11 am
Making a new thread where people can put devices/technology/techniques/etc that they find useful for surviving the era of Wokeness.
Be a decent person who treats all people equally no matter what their sex, race, colour, disabilities, religious or sexual persuasion. ie judge people only on their words and actions.
Those are considered cancellable offenses in todays world.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:00 pm

don't obsess on the media, don't wallow in it, don't keep watching and getting pissed off about it

it's gonna be a long war, you need to pace yourself, move on to other things in life that you enjoy, don't stare into the abyss
This is great advice. I've been forcing myself off all "connected" media for full days in order to get my zen back. Amazing how much I can get done and how much better I feel when I don't expose myself to any current news or social media. I keep in contact because you need to know what is going on, but you can't focus on it constantly.

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:28 pm

Speakswiththumbs wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:13 pm
Backup as much as you can from the internet. They're removing tons of content by the day. Don't assume that video or webpage will always be accessible. If you find something you like, make a copy on your hard drive.
With how woke entertainment has gotten I've been doing this planning on a time when physical and stored media is all I have.

I have a ton of old Looney Tunes (I still love those, and grandkids will someday know their glory from me) on a hard drive. Now I see they are trying to cancel Pepe.

Get physical or downloaded copies (that you control) of things you want to have access to in the future. Books, movies, YT videos, anything.

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:23 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am
help eachother out by posting methods/tools for avoiding persecution.
Why would you want to avoid persecution. Persecution is the ultimate trump card. The more the persecute us the more powerful we become. It was persecution in the past that gave them power. The best way to take that power back is to be persecuted.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:28 pm

TheOneX wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:23 pm
DBTrek wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am
help eachother out by posting methods/tools for avoiding persecution.
Why would you want to avoid persecution. Persecution is the ultimate trump card. The more the persecute us the more powerful we become. It was persecution in the past that gave them power. The best way to take that power back is to be persecuted.
You first, man.

:P

I'll be the avenger, you can be the martyr.

But seriously, I get generally persecuted with everyone else for my race, income, sexuality, and religion. That's coming at me either way, on account of how I was born and what I believe. I'm talking about avoiding personal persecution. As in - I can't stop the attacks on "my people", but I can try to stop the attacks on my credit, employability, savings, property, and status by exercising a little bit of foresight.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:24 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:00 pm

This is great advice. I've been forcing myself off all "connected" media for full days in order to get my zen back.
I've been off the media for a full year now, except for NHL hockey online
Nec Aspera Terrent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:19 am

I haven't had cable TV for over 20 years now, don't miss it at all. For me, I would suggest getting a few books about survival off the grid...

Bushcraft books, and trapping books, as well as SAS, and general survival books. Get a first aid bag, a "bugout bag", some emergency rations, the ability to walk out the door for a week, and survive for longer outside...

Think the worst, hope for the best.
#NotOneRedCent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:41 am

oh, I went beyond getting rid of cable

I mean I stopped all news whatsoever

to the point where I didn't even know what was going on beyond my immediate neighborhood

entertainment fine, music, movies, etc

but no news, no opinion, no commentary, no blogs, no websites, no social media, no headlines, no clickbait

the news media has become an addictive drug, like cocaine

keeping you jacked up all the time, with fear & anger

the intent is to impose paralysis by analysis, to make you a Prisoner of the Future, unable to act in the now

dissident is to recognize that it's all propaganda, there's no useful information, so you don't need to check
Nec Aspera Terrent