Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

DBTrek

Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

Post by DBTrek » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:11 am

Making a new thread where people can put devices/technology/techniques/etc that they find useful for surviving the era of Wokeness.

Obviously, for accessing communications and content that may be banned/outlawed/blacklisted by wokesters, you can't go wrong with a VPN.

Monetarily, you can protect your earning from inflation by turning to precious metals or crypto. For truly anonymous crypto transactions you can look to Monero, but the learning curve is steeper than bitcoin, and converting in out out of cash more difficult. Cash buys of bullion at coin shops can offer anonymity tho, sales too.

A new one I've recently stumbled across, is an app that can give you a "burner number" for your cellphone. Cheaper than buying burner phones, and handles calls as well as texts. Check out the Burner App by Ad Hoc labs. Mainly, I have it in case any of my Offer Up sales prospects "wants to call to discuss the item for sale". Call the number I can delete anytime I want, buddy. ;)

You might be able to conceive of other uses.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Re: Toolkit for the Modern Dissident

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 am

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:11 am
Making a new thread where people can put devices/technology/techniques/etc that they find useful for surviving the era of Wokeness.
Be a decent person who treats all people equally no matter what their sex, race, colour, disabilities, religious or sexual persuasion. ie judge people only on their words and actions.

Apart from the Welsh, it's OK to not like them especially if they beat England in next weekend's Six Nation's rugby fixture.
Last edited by Montegriffo on Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:32 am

the fate of a dissident is inherently internal exile

effectively a kind of house arrest by default

so I would invest in a house, where you could happily live out the rest of your days if you had to
Nec Aspera Terrent

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:34 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 am
Be a decent person who treats all people equally no matter what their sex, race, colour, disabilities, religious or sexual persuasion. ie judge people only on their words and actions.

Apart from the Welsh, it's OK to not like them especially if they beat England in next weekend's Six Nation's rugby fixture.
You can treat people equally all you want, but if you're the one being treated unequally by a third party, no amount of "No! You don't understand! We may disagree but I believe you have the right to your opinion! Please respect my autonomy!" will change anything.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
actually prohibited by Wokeness, as Wokeness requires you to classify everything through an Indentitarian lens

you are required to note the identity by race, gender, etcetera, in order to determine who is deserving of "equity" and who is not
Nec Aspera Terrent

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am

Dudes ... if Monte hasn't gotten it at this stage of the game it may be time to accept he's not going to get it.
I mean, I clearly said this is just a thread where modern day dissidents can help eachother out by posting methods/tools for avoiding persecution.
I didn't say anything about treating anyone else unfairly.

He's either derailing the thread, or simply too lost to the mass messaging to realize he's responding nonsensically.
/shrug
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:54 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:41 am
Montegriffo wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
actually prohibited by Wokeness, as Wokeness requires you to classify everything through an Indentitarian lens

you are required to note the identity by race, gender, etcetera, in order to determine who is deserving of "equity" and who is not
Sounds like an extreme position on the opposite end of the spectrum from bigotry to me. I'm not convinced either extreme is yet mainstream enough to be worthy of all the fuss that is being made. Sounds more like a by-product of the medias need for ratings and manufactured outrage to fill the 24hr news cycle.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:54 am

I use protonmail/vpn. It's about 8 bucks month, but its really good. If you're looking to degoogle and want some privacy, I'd recommend it.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:55 am

I would avoid staying / settling in industrial communities

the Rust Belt effect will only become more pronounced

K-shaped recovery, the Woke are with the globalized Information economy, so it shall prevail under their rein
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:58 am

DBTrek wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:44 am
Dudes ... if Monte hasn't gotten it at this stage of the game it may be time to accept he's not going to get it.
I mean, I clearly said this is just a thread where modern day dissidents can help eachother out by posting methods/tools for avoiding persecution.
I didn't say anything about treating anyone else unfairly.

He's either derailing the thread, or simply too lost to the mass messaging to realize he's responding nonsensically.
/shrug
You asked for strategies to combat wokeness. That's the strategy that works for me and I don't have to make any compromises to follow it.
I said nothing about you treating people unfairly and I don't believe that you would discriminate on the grounds mentioned. You may be guilty of discriminating on ideological grounds like most of us are.