Serious Question Bout Guns

Speakswiththumbs

Re: Serious Question Bout Guns

Post by Speakswiththumbs » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Last edited by Speakswiththumbs on Sun May 01, 2022 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:27 am

Speakswiththumbs wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:19 pm
80% and drill it out?

Getting into very dicey legal territory there, of course. Are there any semi-autos you can own, or did they ban mini-14s and SKSs too?

Cook Co was horrendous with that - worse than CA. I just ignored it when I lived there. Thankfully I knew people outside of Cook that I could get it shipped to (still under my name).
As soon as you drill it out you're the owner of a banned illegal weapon. At least unless you bought and drilled out that lower 20 years ago. It's fairly stupid, I believe I could buy an AR (lacking certain "scary looking" features of course) as long as it was manufactured prior to some cutoff date (grandfathered), but that exact same gun manufactured last week is illegal to own. I'd have to go find the list again, but off the top of my head SKSs were on it as well - I remember going through it trying to figure out what semi-auto rifle might *not* be on it. :think:

Handguns of course are a different story, I could own a closet full of Glocks and whatnot (with the appropriate license of course)... Y'know, the guns used in 97% of gun crimes. Just not the ones used in <3%. :doh:
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:40 am

Ph64 wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:27 am
Speakswiththumbs wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:19 pm
80% and drill it out?

Getting into very dicey legal territory there, of course. Are there any semi-autos you can own, or did they ban mini-14s and SKSs too?

Cook Co was horrendous with that - worse than CA. I just ignored it when I lived there. Thankfully I knew people outside of Cook that I could get it shipped to (still under my name).
As soon as you drill it out you're the owner of a banned illegal weapon. At least unless you bought and drilled out that lower 20 years ago. It's fairly stupid, I believe I could buy an AR (lacking certain "scary looking" features of course) as long as it was manufactured prior to some cutoff date (grandfathered), but that exact same gun manufactured last week is illegal to own. I'd have to go find the list again, but off the top of my head SKSs were on it as well - I remember going through it trying to figure out what semi-auto rifle might *not* be on it. :think:

Handguns of course are a different story, I could own a closet full of Glocks and whatnot (with the appropriate license of course)... Y'know, the guns used in 97% of gun crimes. Just not the ones used in <3%. :doh:
#NotOneRedCent

Speakswiththumbs

Post by Speakswiththumbs » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:36 pm